Create 3d light rigs from HDRIs
Lightbitch is a complete toolbox for light extraction. It's fully integrated as a Lightwave Plug-In and works interactively - no scripting or external processing is needed. Lightbitch can take care of sampling light color and intensity from the HDRI all by itself. Or you can manually pick samples and slide them across the HDRI, in a simple color picker fashion. It will update a list of lights in realtime, complete with coverage weighting and normalized to a global light intensity. Just drag the sample dots around and watch the numbers dance....
1. Intuitive Interface
Lightbitch features Exposure and Gamma controls, so you can have a better look at your HDR image. These are for display purpose only, the colors are always picked from the original HDR.
Everything works just like you would expect:
- LMB: select a light or set a new one
- LMB + drag: move a light
- RMB + drag: change coverage radius (multiplies intensity and used as spinning light radius)
- Drag a light into the trashcan to delete it
- Light picker always works with 3 by 3 pixel oversampling
- Click the arrow icons to nudge a sample with pixel accuracy
2. Great automatic HDRI analysis
It doesn't look like anything special, but in fact, it is a world-class solver, fast enough to have results pop up immediately. No preparation is necessary, full resolution HDRs are fine. Just choose how many lights you want, and hit the button. That easy!
- Lightbitch uses the industry-standard Median Cut algorithm by Paul Debevec.
- Implementation runs on the LightMapGen engine by Jeremy Pronk, glued in with some additional patches from Sean O'Malley.
3. Sophisticated light rigs
Each rig come with a custom light bulb icon, that regulates the master intensity of all lights. There is variety of different rigs to choose from, among them the popular spinning spotlight rig.
Unable to Launch Flash Player
This message is being displayed because the browser was unable to load the Flash Player required to display this content.
There are several possible causes for this;
- Your current Flash Player is outdated or it is not installed on your system. Download the latest Flash Player.
4. Goes with your flow
LightBitch is also self-aware.
By creating more than one rig, from different light probes, you could even remodel the spatial lighting distribution in a larger set.