Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nikon D7200 - New Raw format? (Read 5424 times)
Dumorian
Ex Member

Nikon D7200 - New Raw format?
04/03/15 at 18:05:19

OK, I did a couple of shoots with my new 7200 and was getting odd color results in my stitching software... both Photomatrix and PTGui. In the process of looking around, I ran across the Nikon Codecs for Windows to view nef thumbnails. It didn't seem to do anything. Then I went to a folder with my D80 raw files and there were the thumbnails. So, I'm pretty sure there is a new Raw format for the D7200.

Yes, I'm asking here in case anyone else is seeing this, just to make sure this isn't a stupid new user problem.  Roll Eyes

What I'm seeing is apparently a shift in red. When I view the nefs in Nikon's ViewNX, everything looks good. In my other softwares, the output is unusable.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

IP Logged

mikedonald
Ex Member

Re: Nikon D7200 - New Raw format?
Reply #1 - 11/07/15 at 07:06:20

Does it jump around each time you point elsewhere. Does it also jump if you zoom in and out? That's perfectly normal. How to fix? Shoot with strong studio lights..

IP Logged

alpha
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/07/15 at 10:10:40

I'm watching apparently a shift in red. When I view the nefs in Nikon's ViewNX, everything looks good. In my other software, the output is unusable.

camera

IP Logged

Jackson01

Curious Apprentice

Reply #3 - 01/11/16 at 11:53:28

Does it jump around each time you point elsewhere. Does it also jump if you zoom in and out? That's perfectly normal.

photos

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print