Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to set a 'Floor' level in sphere (Read 1993 times)
Dumorian
Ex Member

How to set a 'Floor' level in sphere
01/27/15 at 04:48:21

I'm new to doing this but am having good success. I'm creating HDRI spheres for use in DAZ Studio. My issue is I'm not finding a stitching program which allows me to set the 'floor' level on my image. So, when adding objects in the scene, they are floating up in the trees or something. I'm sorry if I'm too dumb to ask the right question. I can't seem to search with the right terms to get any help on this.

So, I'm open to using a different stitching program. I would prefer that this be included in the stitching process instead of a separate trip out to stretch the images in photoshop or something.

Thanks for any help suggestions!

IP Logged

Rork
Ex Member

Re: How to set a 'Floor' level in sphere
Reply #1 - 01/27/15 at 13:08:08

Well....

The 'center' of the HDRI is where the camera was when the HDRI was shot.
As this camera was up in the air (prob. at eye level), that is 0,0,0 regarding the HDRI sphere.
So compensate with the floorlevel in 3D to compensate.

hope that helps,

rob

IP Logged

Dumorian
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/27/15 at 18:37:45

Yes, the camara was up near eye level. I've thought about this and don't know how I could get decent images of the ground without this height.

Yes, the floor can be adjusted while the dome cannot. The issue there is pretty much every model that a user may load is based on 0,0,0 so if I use an adjusted floor, everything in a scene would also need to be adjusted.

Unless there are any ideas about doing this in the stitching and hdr creation process, I suppose I'll need to do a multi-step process... stitch, stretch, restitch and then create the HDRs. Unfortunately this adds a number of points for loss of final output quality.

Hey! Thanks for the suggestion!

IP Logged

Rork
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/27/15 at 19:08:58

You cannot set a floor level during the stitch, as the center is the camera. And the camera is X,xx meter above the floor.
And if you start stretching the hdri in PS or alike, the panorama is destroyed.

The HDRI is mostly for lighting, if you want to have it pitch perfect for reflections as well, you have to see if you can move the environment/hdri in DAZ up.

I don't know DAZ, so I have no idea why all the models are 'floating' Wink

IP Logged

Dumorian
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/29/15 at 04:11:23

Thank you Rork. I've been burning through looking and testing tons of different softwares surrounding this work and I could have sworn I saw one somewhere that mentioned a setting for lens barrel height. It seemed it would be a really nice feature when creating hdri spheres, which act as both the background image and a light source.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print