Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Buying some gear to get started (Read 877 times)
moneyshot
Ex Member

Buying some gear to get started
11/23/14 at 18:11:41

Hi
This is my first post on the forum, but I've been a lurker for a while and have both versions of the handbook.
I am slowly getting around to buying the rest of the gear I need to start creating my own latlong HDRs for use in lighting CG - I use Maya and Arnold at work - and would appreciate some pointers.
I understand full frame cameras are better for my purposes but since I already own a canon 60D, I think I will try and stick to that for the time being.
After reviewing the hardware list on the hdrlabs website, i am thinking of buying a Nodal Ninja 3, a leveller, a cheap remote and a wide lens like the Sigma 8mm f3.5.
Software-wise I have access to Photoshop and PtGUi through work so that should be all good.
My question is, would this gear list allow me to get good results for the purposes of creating HDR's for lighting CG?
Should I save up for a full frame camera or just use what I have?
Should I buy a level for my tripod or is it actually best if I buy the Two-axis bubble level as recommended in the hardware list?
Do you have any other recommendations for someone on a budget?
Thanks!

IP Logged

moneyshot
Ex Member

Re: Buying some gear to get started
Reply #1 - 11/23/14 at 18:25:49

EIT: after a bit of reading perhaps I should invest in the sigma 4.5mm instead of the 8mm - since I have a 60D which has an APS-C sensor?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print