Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nikon d800 with 10.5mm shaved DX lens (Read 3641 times)
Fred
Ex Member

Nikon d800 with 10.5mm shaved DX lens
10/03/14 at 16:34:42

Hey all,

I had a question you may be able to help me with. I am shooting on a d800 with a nikon 10.5mm shaved lens and I seem to always get blurry infinity. Anyone experienced this before? Is this something I should accept?

Ive compared my lens to other (rental) and it looks the same. Ive focused with AF and M, and also played with fine tune for AF.

Please help me solve this one. Attached in and image that shows this problem in the area where you can see the buildings in the distance. You start to notice a slight circular bokeh everywhere.

Thanks,
Fred Cheesy Cool

blur_02.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Ian_

Yay Me!

Ohio, USA
Re: Nikon d800 with 10.5mm shaved DX lens
Reply #1 - 10/04/14 at 01:31:04

Well judging from your picture (nice location btw) I can't really find what you're referring to. The buildings look pretty decent, at least at that resolution. The image is overall pretty soft probably from the light flares and also the trees and flags are blurry, probably from a high exposure time. The softness could also be the environment too, such as haze or smog. Also you probably have a low f-stop, which would give you a shallow depth of field.  Have you tested with a daytime panorama?

IP Logged

Fred
Ex Member

Re: Nikon d800 with 10.5mm shaved DX lens
Reply #2 - 10/14/14 at 01:22:43

Thanks Ian. Yes it definitely looks better during the day. I have tried shooting at various stops to try to increase the depth but to no solution. I also rented a lens to compare with mine and lens are identical. I just thing it may be a bit too much to ask from a 10mm fisheye to have all the sharpness at infinity. The next one up, 16mm seems to be able to have great results at infinity but it would require a lot of work. 6+2 for stiching. Thanks for your help. Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print