Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Possible to get macbeth color transform built in? (Read 3465 times)
John O Connell

Curious Apprentice

Possible to get macbeth color transform built in?
04/13/14 at 18:33:35

Heya folks!

Picture seems great for most things so far but it'd be great to get the option of the macbeth chart targetting that hdrshop has - ideally targetting to ideal macbeth values and also matching hdr colour target values to another reference macbeth from another photo. any possibilities or is this already in there and I haven't found it yet?

Cheers!

John

IP Logged

jasonhuang1115

Curious Apprentice

Re: Possible to get macbeth color transform built in?
Reply #1 - 04/18/14 at 11:01:06

You read my mind John. I have discussed this here just weeks before. Matching across multiple Macbecth charts would probably be the only reason I chipped out 200 bucks for this particular function in HDR Shop. I have tried to achieve the same thing in Nuke with its new Match Grade node. Initial test turned out alright but more tests need to be done on full HDRI panos to validate the workflow.

Anyhow, it would be fantastic to see this feature added in Picturenaut.

Cheers,
Jason H.

IP Logged

spittle

I love HDR

Reply #2 - 05/04/14 at 08:17:43

I bought HDRshop recently and this feature works well, would be cool to see it in Picturenaut.

IP Logged

John O Connell

Curious Apprentice

Reply #3 - 06/08/14 at 17:03:06

jasonhuang1115 wrote on 04/18/14 at 11:01:06:
I have tried to achieve the same thing in Nuke with its new Match Grade node. Initial test turned out alright but more tests need to be done on full HDRI panos to validate the workflow.

Great to see you here Jason! I thought about the match grade feature and how well it'd work, the only thing might be that it ties up a full nuke license for something kind of simple that a 3d artist would like to be able to do fairly regularly!

IP Logged

jasonhuang1115

Curious Apprentice

Reply #4 - 06/09/14 at 04:25:32

[quote author=joconnell]Great to see you here Jason! I thought about the match grade feature and how well it'd work, the only thing might be that it ties up a full nuke license for something kind of simple that a 3d artist would like to be able to do fairly regularly! [/quote]

Hey John, same here. I am working my way really slowly to first make a new gray ball along with getting a Macbeth chart to refine/verify the whole thing, again....Aiming to get a "relative-correct" workflow in terms of calibrating HDR maps for consistent shader look-dev. Maybe much further down the road to get a light meter of sort to dig deeper into this.

IP Logged

John O Connell

Curious Apprentice

Reply #5 - 06/10/14 at 17:02:23

Yep, same thing as myself. I've bought a "luxi" light meter attachment for the iphone which is nothing much more than a white dome / cover for the iphones camera but you can use it to read light values falling on surfaces. You can calibrate it by getting a full light meter and taking readings in the same place with both, then use the iphone app to set how much difference the luxi is off by, apparently it's quite consistent from that point on. Might be worth while as a cheapy thing!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print