Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Flat conversion in LR5 (Read 6169 times)
edrise
Ex Member

Flat conversion in LR5
08/18/13 at 08:12:18

Just want to ask Mr Bloch about his book description of flat conversion in LR. In the book it was detailed description of flat conversion for LR3 and also given some comments about LR4 where flat conversion different from LR3 becouse different scale for contrast. What about LR5? It the same as LR4 for flat conversion or its some difference in scaling again? Do I need something different in LR5 in comparison with LR4?

Thank you very much!

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Re: Flat conversion in LR5
Reply #1 - 08/19/13 at 00:00:23

Must admit I haven't tried LR5 yet. From what I hear the advancements are in different areas this time, the actual color engine (ACR, same as in Photoshop) is probably the same as in LR4. But then again - that's just a guess.

IP Logged

edrise
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/19/13 at 19:15:19

ok, thank you very much!

can I ask another question? I love HDR efex pro - it was my first hdr app - and I tried a lot other this year after reading your book - but still love efex pro 2 more than any other. But I can't use your HDR workflow with this plugin - I don't understand how to save open EXR file there - and how to open saved EXR for tonemapping. Splitting creating HDR file, saving it for future and tonemapping is one of the key idea of your book - and I can do it in Photomatix - but can't in Nik HDR Efex pro 2. I think if you rate different grades for creating HDR and tonemapping for every app so you can split them in all those apps - am I right?

IP Logged

Per
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/19/13 at 22:41:34

Blochi wrote on 08/19/13 at 00:00:23:
Must admit I haven't tried LR5 yet. From what I hear the advancements are in different areas this time, the actual color engine (ACR, same as in Photoshop) is probably the same as in LR4. But then again - that's just a guess.

While looking into using welding glass as cheap ND filters I came across the this tutorial for correcting the green tint from welding glass (the forum security wont let me post a hyperlink...):

www.diyphotography.net/use-welding-glass-as-10-stops-nd-filter

the interesting part here is the Adobe DNG Profile Editor which can be used to make LR profiles and the program can generate a linear/flat RAW profile. Just follow the tutorial and go to the "Tone Curve" tab and select "Linear" instead of all the white balance stuff the tutorial. Put the generated profile in (in MAC OS X)

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

and you can select a flat RAW from the Camera Calibration tab Smiley

In case you have a Canon 650D/T4i you can just use my profile (attached as zip).

Best,
Per

flat_raw_LR5.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Canon_EOS_650D_Flat_Raw_dcp.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

evanpan
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/06/16 at 07:56:36

Hi, edrise.
Thanks for sharing your problem. As for me, I have seldom tried to deal with that kind of problem before. Have you ever worked it out? I wonder whether you have any exprience about
pdf extracting
process. Because there is something wrong with my pdf reader. I need
convert pdf to text
or other formats. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.   

Best regards,
Pan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print