Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Tone mapper that can handle a 32bit EXR pano 2GB or greater (Read 2075 times)
Gavin Farrell
Ex Member

A Tone mapper that can handle a 32bit EXR pano 2GB or greater
04/06/13 at 06:25:13

Firstly I love Christian's double dip method of keeping your HDr pano 32bit to the almost very end, then running it through 32bit float or HDR Expose 2, some Photoshop fixes, Double dip it with Photomatix and Pictuarnaut. Here's the problem if you start creating high resolution HDR panos, for example 2GB and up Photomatix and Pictuarnaut choke trying to open and work with such large files. So far HDR Expose 2 has been able to open them but does anyone else know of any good 32bit workhorse (tone mappers) that can handle really large files? Besides Photoshop, of course. I wish pictuarnaut could handle it. I love the Global tone mapping results. Any other Tonemapper you'd recommend that can open large .exr files and do good global tone mapping?

IP Logged

Castillonis

Curious Apprentice

Portland, Oregon
Re: A Tone mapper that can handle a 32bit EXR pano 2GB or greater
Reply #1 - 04/09/13 at 00:47:11

Gavin, I unsuccessfully tried to open a large OpenEXR format image using Unified Color's HDR Expose.  I used a 64 bit binary version 1.1.0, build 6703 on Windows 7 with 16GB of memory.  I ran out of memory.

OpenEXR image size
1.73 GB
42,752 x 13,626 px

IP Logged

tived
Ex Member

Re: A Tone mapper that can handle a 32bit EXR pano 2GB or greater
Reply #2 - 04/14/13 at 10:01:13

This seems to be a general problem across the various Tone-mappers. I have tried several times wit PTGui Pro
with 48GB of ram (Windows 7 as well) and still didn't succeed

Henrik

PS : I should try again

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print