Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Panohead design that let's you change leneses/ focal lengths WITHOUT re-positioning the camera (Read 5358 times)
raveled
Ex Member

Panohead design that let's you change leneses/ focal lengths WITHOUT re-positioning the camera
02/24/13 at 02:45:37

Hi everyone,

My hobby is improving things, I'm a product developer and teacher.

Since my new obsession is HDRI panos I thought of a pano-head design that allows an obstruction free down shot less the tripod legs, and a far less elegant, but effective stand design that solves the leg thing too.

BUT, upon documenting the design I realized that the biggest advantage isn't the clean down shot, it's actually that it allows you to position and align your camera ONCE and
switch lenses/ focal lengths WITHOUT adjusting the camera on the head

No kidding, align once, switch lenses and shoot immediately parallax free.

So far it's a design, not a product, so I was wondering what experts and novices like me think about it.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback positive and constructive.

Tim

« Last Edit: 03/02/13 at 05:30:55 by N/A »  

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Re: A Nadir free panohead design that let's you change lenese/ focal le WITHOUT re-positionin the camera
Reply #1 - 02/24/13 at 19:59:07

Well, those are some big claims.

Let's see what you have. You can attach an image of your design or link to it using the third icon in the toolbar.

IP Logged

webweile
Ex Member

Re: A Nadir free panohead design that let's you change lenese/ focal le WITHOUT re-positionin the camera
Reply #2 - 02/27/13 at 11:19:32

sounds interesting! ... waiting for more info

IP Logged

raveled
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/02/13 at 03:26:02

I know, and I'm risking looking like a fool and being over confident, but I feel pretty confident it would work, and now that I have some IP on it I'll post some crude pics here soon. 

Tim

IP Logged

raveled
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/02/13 at 05:27:10

After further consideration I'm not comfortable publicly disclosing the design details as it could effect my intellectual property rights.

I know it sounds like a lot to take on faith, but IF I can demonstrate that they are true by getting an expert to verify they would work would a product like this be of interest?

Put another way, imagine it is available now, and it clearly can do what the advertising says, would people be interested in it?

Tim

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Re: Panohead design that let's you change leneses/ focal lengths WITHOUT re-positioning the camera
Reply #5 - 03/09/13 at 21:00:22

Yes, and I'm also interested in flying cars. But I haven't seen one yet... Wink

IP Logged

Steve Chapman
Ex Member

Re: Panohead design that let's you change leneses/ focal lengths WITHOUT re-positioning the camera
Reply #6 - 03/10/13 at 00:37:20

Forgive me if I'm using the wrong terminology, but is not the "nodal point" different for most lenses?

IP Logged

raveled
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/17/13 at 05:56:39

Hi Steve,

Yes, which is why I'm excited about the possibility my idea will work, but I need an expert ( I'm an amateur )to verify if what I think will work, WILL actually work.

Tim

IP Logged

damarco
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/07/13 at 17:21:00

if i understand you right. this is adapter is very close to your idea: http://www.traumflieger.de/shop/::827.html

just release the ring including the lens and switch between 4,5mm and 15mm with a accurate np. i have that head.
this will take 10 secounds for me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print