Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Picturenaut doesn't detect EXIF (Read 5381 times)
onyxlee
Ex Member

Picturenaut doesn't detect EXIF
09/17/12 at 03:06:39

Hey guys, I am new here. I am stuck at the first place when importing bracket photos.

So, when I brought them in, the program says, not enough gaps in those photos. If I ignore this message, I get a totally black image. So I don't even get a chance to test this amazing software.

I noticed that this software thinks all my photos don't have any exposure values. But all the other programs, such as windows, photoshop, acdsee can read the EXIF just fine.

Any tips? Thank you.

IP Logged

Ross
Ex Member

Re: Picturenaut doesn't detect EXIF
Reply #1 - 12/03/12 at 15:19:07

Did you get a reply?

IP Logged

davidb
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/03/12 at 15:56:04

What file format and source?

I have noticed that some image libraries have trouble with exif data from some file sources.  Freeimage tends to occasionally get exposure times in tiffs from dcraw hilariously wrong for example.

Having said that, it's impossible for anyone to give a sensible reply without seeing some of the data that is causing problems. 

Just saying that something doesn't work without providing enough data to reproduce the error will get you nowhere because the picturenaut developers can't see what is going wrong unless they can reproduce it.

That applies to all software, not just picturenaut.

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #3 - 12/04/12 at 05:15:39

Good point.

Here is a solution to your problem:

In Picturenaut's Generate HDR dialog all the images are listed. You can edit the exposure data just by typing in the table. You can either enter the correct data (if you know it) or simply put 1,2,3,4,5 into the "EV Bias" field (or whatever your EV spacing was.

(Pay attention to the tool tip area on the left, it actually says that)

001-Picturenaut_Merging_proxy.png (Attachment deleted)
IP Logged

Auntie
YaBB Newbies

Curious Apprentice

Reply #4 - 02/06/13 at 11:48:15

I have the same problem, and tried that, but invariably end up with a purple image and usually an error that the EV steps are too small.

IP Logged

mcnee229
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/26/13 at 16:52:20

I have the same problem with Nikon NEF files. Picasa is the only way I have to upload images and it converts NEF to jpg on upload, but it seems to have kept the EXIF intact:

Apparently I can't post links yet, but I think you can figure the following out:
lh6.googleusercontent.com/-99vFRoPKulE/UVHDO-wRo3I/AAAAAAAAFd0/vrbX2zDbTKw/s0/DS
C_0001.NEF.jpg

Thanks
Scott

IP Logged

mcnee229
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/26/13 at 16:54:55

Also I have the trial version of easyHDR Pro 2, it detects the EV. I have been just using that to gleen the EV's and plugging that into picturenaut, but what a pita.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print