Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
best workflow Lightroom to Photomatix (Read 3538 times)
e1n
Ex Member

best workflow Lightroom to Photomatix
09/05/12 at 09:42:42

Hi all,

i'm using Lightroom 4.2 RC for converting the RAW data to the best (quality wise) intermediate format for Photomatix.
After reading this post here http://www.hdrlabs.com/news/index.php?id=1276328416487110799
i'm confused how to set exposure and contrast for best HDR  data Photomatix could work on.
I'm using 5-frame +/- 2 EV and only removing Cromatic Aberration in Lightroom.
Have i also to add exp -1 and con -0.4 as the article says?

I'm using a 16 bit Tiff export from Lightroom, there is something better i could use for Photomatix?

What's about the best colorspace to choose?

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Re: best workflow Lightroom to Photomatix
Reply #1 - 09/05/12 at 18:35:11

Well yes, in Lightroom 4 I suggest using the - 1 EV and -40 Contrast to get the most out of your RAW images. The advantage may not be as noticeable as on the example image I have used in the blog post (because that was a particular tight bracketing sequence).

But don't just take my word for it - try it yourself and take a close look at the way highlights turn out after tonemapping in Photomatix.

IP Logged

edrise
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/02/13 at 15:37:24

Hi! Can I ask you? I also read in the latest book about settings for LR4 that are different from those in LR3. But now I use Lr5. Could you please said is any changes in scaling in Lr5 in comparison with Lr4 like it was after Lr3? Do I need use the same settings for flat conversion or it has changed again?

IP Logged

robwiel
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/04/13 at 22:32:39

Also for workflow sake: importing to lightroom pictures from camera, you are able to choose preset to be applied.

In theory those custom -1e and -0.4 contr plus chromatic aberration could be turned into preset. That way you save bit time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print