Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Renderman plugin error (Read 2293 times)
schonega
Ex Member

Renderman plugin error
07/20/12 at 10:08:31

I'm trying the RFM plugin in a brand-new install of sIBL and getting what looks like an obvious bug.  This is against Maya 2012.  While I understand 2012 may not be supported, this looks like something that would never have worked.  The code is pasted below and the problem is that the variable 'image' is never defined.

This is the first time I've looked at the code and I'm wondering if this is something that is easily fixed and also if it can be addressed in the core for others.

Regards,
Shane

def getEnvironmentSphereBranch(self, file, prefix, radius, useOverride):
               sphere = self.getDisplayLocator("%s_support" % prefix, radius, True)
               cmds.parent(sphere, self.controlsGroup)
               setAttributes({"%s.overrideEnabled" % sphere : True,
                                   "%s.overrideShading" % sphere : False})

surfaceShader = cmds.shadingNode("surfaceShader", asShader=True)
               shadingEngine = cmds.sets(renderable=True, noSurfaceShader=True, empty=True)
               cmds.connectAttr("%s.outColor" % surfaceShader, "%s.surfaceShader" % shadingEngine, f=True)

file = cmds.shadingNode("file", asTexture=True)
               cmds.setAttr("%s.fileTextureName" % file,
, type="string")

IP Logged

schonega
Ex Member

Re: Renderman plugin error
Reply #1 - 07/20/12 at 10:46:06

I believe I fixed the plugin if anyone wants to incorporate these changes back into the code base.

First, I simply deleted the reference to 'image' in the line highlighted in my post above.

Second, line 324 sets up a radiosity pass which appears mis-specified.  The spaces should be removed from the pass information as follows:

renderPass = mel.eval("createRenderManNode pass:render:RenderRadiosity;")

With these changes, the default loader plugin works, though there may be other errors lurking if I chance some of the loader options.

Regards,
Shane

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #2 - 07/22/12 at 20:07:08

Hi Shane,

Thanks for pinpointing that, all those errors came when I refactored the template at same time than the others, the problem is that I don't have RfM anymore, so I crossed fingers hoping it would work Smiley I failed!

I just did another blind update following your findings, let me know if it works! You can get it through the Online Updater ( Template 2.0.5).

KS

IP Logged

schonega
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/25/12 at 05:14:21

That seems to work, thank you.

Shane

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #4 - 07/25/12 at 07:59:43

Cool!

Which version of RfM are you using? I think Pixar is stopping it to promote Studio with cheaper price. I'll probably stop myself the support when it's official!

KS

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print