Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
sIBL Compatible Renderers (Read 6457 times)
Argyll

Curious Apprentice

Re: sIBL Compatible Renderers
Reply #15 - 02/19/12 at 22:06:06

@ Thomas
I'm sure there is not a person using this site who doesn't appreciate the effort that's been put into the site not least myself. sIBL_GUI is an excellent tool, but what I was trying to point out was that there is a degree of fragmentation in the bits and pieces that support it and make it easy for newcomers to install and use properly/easily. For example, it's taken me a few days to find sIBLEdit, which seems indispensable to the entire process. Please don't think that your efforts are not appreciated for believe me they certainly are.

IP Logged

Argyll

Curious Apprentice

Reply #16 - 02/19/12 at 22:09:43

@ Blochi
Mate I'd be happy to help in any way I can, though with my limited experience (3ds max) I'm not sure what I can offer, but anything you want to throw my way will be looked at. Thanks for the heads-up on the Helper script.

IP Logged

Argyll

Curious Apprentice

Reply #17 - 02/19/12 at 22:24:23

@ Blochi Thanks for the pointer to the Helper script, but when I click on the link and get a list of software, it says 'No Longer Supported - Use sIBL_GUI Instead!' under both 3ds max and Maya, which is very confusing. I visited this page a couple of days ago and didn't download because of this message. The downloaded zip file contains a script called sIBL_loader_95.ms. Sad

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #18 - 02/19/12 at 22:52:34

Errr ... I see.

The links I had circled in the screenshot. These are the Helper Scripts.

What you're referring to are *Loader* scripts. It's an entirely different thing. Older.

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #19 - 02/19/12 at 22:55:00

Quite frankly, I don't see where you can possibly find a mislabeled link. You ask for more documentation, but it seems like you're not even reading the one that is there. How could it be more clear than:

"Works until MAX 2008, can setup scanline, mental ray, and older VRay versions. Support for this script has faded out. Use sIBL-GUI instead for excellent MAX support."

IP Logged

Argyll

Curious Apprentice

Reply #20 - 02/19/12 at 23:14:37

Thanks for your help.

IP Logged

Argyll

Curious Apprentice

Reply #21 - 02/19/12 at 23:36:59

This contains the information I was after.
I found it on a link from the help file: github.com/KelSolaar/sIBL_GUI_For_3dsMax.

- sIBL_GUI For 3dsMax - Helper Script -

- Installation -
Extract and copy the "sIBL_GUI_For_3dsMax.ms" and "sIBL_GUI_For_3dsMax_OLE_Command.ms" maxscripts to your "3dsmax/Scripts/Startup" folder.
The "sIBL_GUI_For_3dsMax_OLE_Command.ms" will automatically register the sIBL_GUI OLE command.

- Usage -
The Helper Script is a 3dsMax Utility available by typing "openUtility sIBL_GUI_For_3dsMax" in the MAXScript Mini-Listener or directly through the Utilities Tab -> MAXScript -> Utilities -> sIBL_GUI_For_3dsMax.
If you want to use the Remote Connection capabilities of sIBL_GUI you need to register ( only once ) the OLE server using the "Register OLE Server" utility button ( 3dsmax need to be run as an administrator to access Windows Registry ).
Using the "Send To software" button in sIBL_GUI should trigger 3dsMax Loader Script execution.

IP Logged

Argyll

Curious Apprentice

Reply #22 - 02/20/12 at 01:09:25

Everything is now up and working. I have to say this is the toughest install I've ever had with any 3ds script or app. The need to be using 3ds max as the administrator is a bit of a catch for young players. The 'sIBL_GUI_For_3dsMax' isn't showing up in the utilities folder of 3ds max and you need to drop the 'openUtility sIBL_GUI_For_3dsMax' line into the mini listener for the interface to show in the command panel. Other than that it's all working very well. It's never fun being a pain in the ass, especially when you guys are providing so much work free of charge, but I think a full explanation of how all of the components work together is a valuable resource. Still happy to help in any way I can - just drop me an email.  Smiley
After a system restart the options appear in the utilities panel.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print