Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Recommended Distances (Read 975 times)
cshort
Ex Member

Recommended Distances
01/31/12 at 19:26:39

I've been experimenting with the two desert roadways as I was planning on doing a simple drive by the camera, but I'm noticing that the ground plane doesn't match the perspectives of both sets in the distance (looks like the vehicle is going downward in perspective).
What is the recommended distance for an object to travel in the scene before it starts to breakdown perspectively?
Also, what radius should I enter when using these scenes? I've been experimenting with 1km, 500m etc. but didn't see any improvement with perspective.
Thanks!

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Re: Recommended Distances
Reply #1 - 02/01/12 at 16:44:25

Well, first of all - these spherical backgrounds are best for stills, because the moment you move the camera it becomes apparent that you're dealing with a fake perspective.

You can rotate the camera, when you place the center of the background ball right at the camera position.

The Desert Highway (with Monument valley in the background) is in fact going downhill.

If you had a few example renders I could probably tell you more...

IP Logged

cshort
Ex Member

Re: Recommended Distances
Reply #2 - 02/02/12 at 14:39:33

Yeah, I have the camera stationary and have my vehicle coming from the distance then passing by the camera. It makes sense that this image isn't on a level plane as both ends, the model doesn't fit right so I had to not show it until it comes close enough not to look out of place.
Thanks for your response!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print