Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Astro script manual / documentation (Read 2426 times)
Rasmus Kjeldsen

Curious Apprentice

Astro script manual / documentation
01/30/12 at 16:25:51

Hi guys,

Not to say that it doesn't exist, but I haven't been able to find any documentation or manuals for Astro script. I figured that I'd just go the try-it-and-see-what-happens route, but a lot of the options (most in fact) makes very little sense to me, if any at all. So does anyone kow of a manual and/or documentation for the program? Perhaps it's so easy to understand that someone might be able to give a simple description of the options? I get how it generally works, it's just the options that confuse me. Wink

Thanks in advance,
Rasmus

IP Logged

Steve Chapman
Ex Member

Re: Astro script manual / documentation
Reply #1 - 02/05/12 at 07:40:41

I found myself in the middle of the desert in the middle of the night last week, trying to use the Astroscript program, when I realized it needs a major overhaul. The basic notion is that the grey-scale on the right is a "slider" that sets parameters for any box you've clicked on. Some underlying code is fundamentally fubar, as a 2 second exposure takes about 20 seconds, for example. The camera I was using for this was stolen at Edwards Air Force Base a few days after taking these astro shots:
http://panocamera.com/blog/?p=560

IP Logged

Rasmus Kjeldsen

Curious Apprentice

Re: Astro script manual / documentation
Reply #2 - 02/15/12 at 20:48:46

I didn't really have any problems setting the values. My problems are trying to divine the function and purpose of tasks such as "cool", "dark" and "flat". They might be obvious to a more seasoned astrophotographer, but are pretty much gibberish to me. So if an overhaul is in the works, could a few lines of documention / explanation please be added to the to do list? Pretty please? Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print