Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Animation object swims across ground (Read 2334 times)
jimmyc
Ex Member

Animation object swims across ground
07/15/11 at 17:47:48

How do you animate the camera through a scene and not have an object on the ground look like it's swimming across the ground plane. I want it to remain anchored to the same spot on the ground. I'm using Softimage

HDRI_anima.mov (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Re: Animation object swims across ground
Reply #1 - 07/15/11 at 18:40:55

Well, for that you'd need to re-project the panorama onto flat ground geometry. You'll most certainly run into problems with occlusion, and it takes a while to get the horizon converge right.... The problem is, the further you move away from the projection center, the more the image will fall apart.

The auto-generated scenes are good for static framing and camera pans, but not camera moves. Remember that the integration into a panorama is really just an illusion -for an automatic setup that works every time, this is how far it can get. Any further requires much more modeling work to create geometry that matches things you see in the panorama. If that's a personal project, I recommend using multiple cuts of static camera positions, and rather spend your energy on texturing and animating the rocket launcher...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print