Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
London City (Read 8643 times)
Wolfgang Haak
Ex Member

London City
04/03/11 at 20:23:20

Nodal Ninja, evening sun and an iconic building.
Why I didn't get arrested putting down a tripod in the City beats me - London cops are known for harassing and intimidating photographers. http://photographernotaterrorist.org/
But hey ho, job done!

_MG_1963_Panorama_ldr_bilateral.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Achim Berg

I love HDR

Germany, near Cologne
Re: London City
Reply #1 - 04/03/11 at 20:51:33

Hello Wolfgang,

that looks pretty cool, awesome shot.

IP Logged

Wolfgang Haak
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/03/11 at 20:58:02

Thanks Achim. There's some ghosting around people, and the very top is a bit blurry, but that's what happens due to the 2-point projection I guess, It's looking up around 80 deg... I also couldn't convince PTGui to straighten out the right and side stonework, still looks a little bit curved. C'est la Vie! Learn and move on!
Wolfgang

IP Logged

Achim Berg

I love HDR

Germany, near Cologne
Reply #3 - 04/03/11 at 21:56:01

Iīve seen the ghosting but thatīs the price for getting a nice HDR by day on a place with many persons. Wink

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #4 - 04/03/11 at 22:29:44

Hey, that's some great lighting there!  Love the way the sunlight is bouncing around and throwing caustics on the floor...

When you mean the shearing of the stones, that is natural and happens all the time when you get to such high vertical degrees. Photoshop's Puppet Warp (in the Edit menu) is your best bet to fix this.

Oh, and have a look at the blue-purple tint of the darkest shadows in the dead center. Is that an artifact? I have seen this before. Could it be that this happens to be right on the seam of two adjacent images? PTGui did that for a while when blending HDR images, but it seems to be fixed in the latest version.

IP Logged

Wolfgang Haak
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/03/11 at 23:13:02

Oh, Good Point Blochi. I hadn't noticed as I was too busy fixing my eye on the metal on the left and the arching stone on the right...

While we're at it, did you spot the light leak in the gutter on the left (beneath the bollard) where some shoddy modeller didn't weld the vertices together?  Cheesy Should have upped the photon count! Grin

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #6 - 04/03/11 at 23:49:19

haha ... no.

But I just had an idea about the ghosting. A little bit tedious, maybe, but you could probably get rid of them all when you merge your HDRs in Photoshop CS5. That has a very decent Ghost Removal.

IP Logged

davidb
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/04/11 at 13:51:08

I don't think it is a modeling artifact.  It looks more like a bug in the renderer to me.

Physics 2.0 should be out later this year.

IP Logged

Steve Chapman
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/15/11 at 22:27:50

Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print