Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
3Ds Max 2011 Script Loading Error (Read 14997 times)
mikebio
Ex Member

3Ds Max 2011 Script Loading Error
08/09/10 at 19:47:26

I am receiving this error:

Autodesk 3dsMax

Quote:
I'm getting that error : LoaderScript | Remote Connection On Win32 OLE Server Error: '(-2147221164, 'Class not registered', None, None)' !

sIBL_GUI is relying on a Win32 OLE Connection to communicate with Autodesk 3dsMax. You need to register Autodesk 3dsMax as an OLE Server and expose the communication class. The easiest way to do that is to use Autodesk 3dsMax - Helper Script and trigger the Register OLE Server button : http://www.hdrlabs.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1271609371/1#1

Now I read the help above but I do not understand. How do I get a script to run in Max. I tried the MAXScript - Run Script but no luck.

All I did was download SIBL and then clicked on Export, then clicked on Empty Room, clicked on Max mental Ray and hit export. Are there other steps I have to take. Certain files in certain folders.

Thanks

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Re: 3Ds Max 2011 Script Loading Error
Reply #1 - 08/09/10 at 19:58:33

Hi Smiley

You need to register 3dsmax as an OLE Server, to do this you will have to install this helper script : http://www.hdrlabs.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1271609371/1#1
( The 3dsMax one ), launch 3dsmax as Administrator ( or with Uac disabled ) and do the registration. Once you have done that you should be fine !

KS

IP Logged

mikebio
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/10/10 at 14:26:39

Hi,

Thank you, I tried but no luck getting 3Ds max as an OLE server. I even looked through the help files in Max and I couldn't find the maxscript.reg file. I am not sure what I need to do, but it seems like I can't even get any scripts to run.

Thank you for trying, I will stick to Mental Ray! But I will keep my eye out on this software and will try again sometime in the future! I think what you have here (from pictures I have seen) is very good!

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #3 - 08/10/10 at 16:10:10

You can get me on MSN if you want me to help you in live Smiley

kelsolaar_fool <-> hotmail <-> com

KS

IP Logged

mikebio
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/10/10 at 19:55:46

I fixed the problem. It was with the script. Long story short it was my fault, haha

I'm glad I got it fixed. I did some test renders and they look beautiful!

Thanks you Kel for offering to help more!

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #5 - 08/10/10 at 20:41:20

Hehe Smiley

You are welcome !

KS

IP Logged

bronxbomber2313
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/04/11 at 19:53:55

I just downloaded this program, and i have run into the same problem as mikebio. i dont know how to fix this. any suggestions? i have downloaded the max helper script but i dont know what to do with it Embarrassed

IP Logged

reLAY
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/20/11 at 17:25:38

I'm using Max 12 (x64) and get the same error as the original poster.

I have downloaded the required scripts that were linked to in the above response, and installed them to the Max/scripts/startup folder. Even when I start Max as admin, run the scripts manually (via the MaxScript > Run script), nothing happens. No gui appears, no message in the little Maxscript box in the bottom left part of the Max program window... nothing.

After exporting the image to Max via the sIBL gui, in the proper order of the buttons, I get the message that the import script worked and is done and then the same error the OP posted pops up. And the image is not imported into Max.

The only way to actually get the image into Max is to manually drag the import script from an explorer window into the active viewport in Max. Then I can see in the maxscript area the message that the import script worked and the image was imported.  Huh

So, clearly there is something wrong. Unfortunately, mikebio did not post what he actually did to get it to work, so no one who reads this thread will find the solution.  Undecided

Any chance on letting us know what did work so we can use it properly too?

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Dan Black
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/24/11 at 20:06:15

I am having the same problem as reLay.  I have Max Design 2012 and Vray 2.0.  I have no idea what is supposed to happen when I click "send to software" from the GUI.  All that DOES happen is the message "LoaderScript 'sIBL_sdsmax_Import.ms' Output Done!" and then an error message "LoaderScript Remote on Win32 OLE Server Error:'-2147221005, 'Invalid class string', None, None)'!"

I ran max helper script, but it changed nothing.  Thanks for any help!

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #9 - 08/25/11 at 08:16:53

We sorted dan case by mail yesterday Smiley

KS

IP Logged

JoEv
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/29/12 at 16:03:27

OK...I give up too.

I've tried and tried to load the helper script, but nothing happens in 3ds Max.  It seems like I'm having the same problem as the posters above.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #11 - 08/29/12 at 16:11:13

Hi,

What error are you having?

KS

IP Logged

JoEv
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 08/29/12 at 19:57:37

Well...I'm doing what the gentlemen above were doing.  Placing the scripts in the max>scripts>startup scripts folder and then running them from Max.  I do this as an administrator.

But...nothing happens.  Am I missing something?

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #13 - 08/29/12 at 23:25:26

Hi,

What do you mean by nothing happen? What are you clicking on?

KS

IP Logged

JoEv
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 08/30/12 at 03:01:32

I mean that I installed the GUI program (v4.2 I think) and then I run the scripts from 3ds Max and nothing happens.  No dialogue box pops up or anything else.

Are there any step-by-step instructions?  Am I missing something simple?

Thanks

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print