Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
SHUTTER HOLD links to a useful program (Read 18101 times)
ehong33234
Ex Member

SHUTTER HOLD links to a useful program
04/19/10 at 22:58:27

I am curious to know if anyone has tried this mod using the Canon XSI. If so, what were your results?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: 07/09/10 at 01:44:41 by N/A »  

IP Logged

Martin Clark
Ex Member

Re: Canon XSI (EOS 450D)
Reply #1 - 05/28/10 at 15:40:57

i tried with 500d, exposures are 10% out like 54s on 60s exposure i havent tried for a long time i havent got round to it but it supposedly works.

IP Logged

Achim Berg

I love HDR

Germany, near Cologne
Reply #2 - 05/28/10 at 15:58:11

I tested the occ on several cameras. 400D, 550D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 5D and 7D

Last tested was the OCC Unit on a Canon 400D. It works fine. Tested were several seven shot controlling by the DS. Once only 6 pictures were shot. In  that case we reduced the time by the DS Bracket Software to a minimum. The used 400D works hard at the limit during that testcase. Longer  exposure times controlled by the DS  were tested without any problems.

After reducing the writespeed in the Bracket Soft ( Point memory set to the middle ) everything works fine. The setup by the DS was set to fast because standard is set for a 5D. The from the DS sended sequence came to fast and so the 400D was not able to accept them because the unit was busy between each taken photo.

IP Logged

Steve Chapman
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/28/10 at 19:06:23

Ideally someone (OK, me, later today) with an OCC and a 450D will mod the code to make a XSI specific version by setting the memory card timer lower by default, & tweak the timings in the shot table. That's the beauty of open source. All of the DS compiler tools are free, and one does NOT need an Arduino programmer to change the DS side of the code.

This is what I did for my Sigma SD14, if anyone wants that version, let me know.

I could point out that the times in the shot length table were based on the accuracy of the RTC in the DS, though they can easily be changed. I'll connect the DS to a stopwatch trigger instead of a camera to see if there is any variation amongst DS types. (Added to list of things to do.)

IP Logged

Steve Chapman
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/29/10 at 00:02:10

Sorry for the delay, lunch at Disney turned into one of those three-hour pre-holiday leisure spells.

Here is an XTi mod, with subtly reduced timing to account for the lack of UDMA, and a 10% adjustment in shot time (because the figures you gave are 10% off).

http://PanoCamera.com/Releases/145_custom_xti_version.nds

IP Logged

Martin Clark
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/04/10 at 21:51:30

spot on mate..

IP Logged

Martin Clark
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/11/10 at 18:36:36

i have been testing this afternoon and i tested a 60s exposure and it came out at 64.5 on the lcd (close as dammit to 65) (all exposures need taking 13.333 recurring %)

UPDATE: 500d DOESNT shoot under 1s w/ cable it automatically holds on till 1s is up then closes the shutter

isit the cable i have got or isit the camera limitations? (im guessing canon have locked it at 1s)

pic of board and my setup ha.

_MG_5243.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Steve Chapman
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/11/10 at 18:56:05

We can tweak the timing multiplier in the XSI specific version. The 1 second issue needs to be figured out, though. Try using testing with this:

http://PanoCamera.com/Releases/Shutter_hold.nds

For troubleshooting purposes, see if you can trigger any shots shorter than 1 second with this utility.

IP Logged

Martin Clark
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/11/10 at 19:40:02

nope just holds it till one second.

IP Logged

Martin Clark
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/11/10 at 19:40:47

dno if it could be my hardware though.

IP Logged

Steve Chapman
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/12/10 at 23:06:14

That's wacky. Anybody have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

IP Logged

Martin Clark
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 06/13/10 at 00:41:21

use nd filters to the max,... chdk... probs but i wouldnt wanna crappity smack my camera. since i dont have anything to replace it.

IP Logged

Martin Clark
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 06/26/10 at 23:17:04

500d works on maxiumum save speed <my mistake> because i think i didnt have it on continuous shoot mode. i thaught it wasnt at 3fps! -.-

IP Logged

Martin Clark
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 06/26/10 at 23:17:24

500d works on maxiumum save speed <my mistake> because i think i didnt have it on continuous shoot mode. i thaught it wasnt at 3fps! -.-

IP Logged

ehong33234
Ex Member

Re: SHUTTER HOLD links to a useful program
Reply #14 - 08/14/10 at 21:21:25

Does anyone have a video of the OCC in action from startup to shutter release? I can't for the life of me get this thing to work. I've purchased a working OCC from Achim but can't get any shutter fire on my camera and I have tried EVERYTHING on here, read every post but still no luck.

Anyone have luck on the XSI? Help please!!!

Note: I think there is an issue with the DS not sending the proper shutter signal to the controller because I can get the shutter to release on the camera if I use a paperclip to connect the solder points on the shutter wiring on the board. So I know the shutter cable works and the board led blinks when the bracketing fires on the program. Yet no signal to the camera for shutter.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print