Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Send Topic Print
sIBL_GUI (Read 184650 times)
pjk
Ex Member

Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #75 - 02/07/11 at 19:23:36

Yes, I did mean those.

As for z up, I completely understand what you mean.

thanks a lot for your time. It's very much appreciated

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #76 - 02/07/11 at 19:59:55

Confirming there is an issue, there was a code regression when I refactored the parser. I will see to implement some unit tests to prevent this for happening in the future :|

KS

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #77 - 02/07/11 at 21:57:08

Alright Smiley

sIBL_GUI 3.1.1 is out of the cooker and still hot. I fixed a two regressions and increased the verbosity in some modules.

Here is the complete Change Log :

sIBL_GUI - 3.1.1 :
  • Fixed "Add Content" broken context menu entry of "Collection Outliner" component.
  • Fixed a code regression preventing export of Ibl Sets with comments.

Cheers,

KS

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #78 - 02/16/11 at 19:19:41

Hi Dear Developers !

A few news :

The core packages received some unit tests ( > 100 of them ), ensuring that sIBL_GUI won't break too much ( at least the core functions ).

I also changed a bit the way sIBL_GUI is hosted on Github :
Basically I have extracted some of the packages as standalone ones so that I can use them properly without needing to duplicate the code for sIBL_Reporter for example or my other projects.

Here is the list of what got extracted :

There are only symbolic links left in sIBL_GUI repository. You can either use them or add them to Python path ( except sIBL_GUI_Templates ).

Here is a quick repositories cloning commands series that should get you setup :

Code:
mkdir HDRLabs
cd HDRLabs/
git clone git://github.com/KelSolaar/sIBL_GUI.git && git clone git://github.com/KelSolaar/Foundations.git &&  git clone git://github.com/KelSolaar/Manager.git && git clone git://github.com/KelSolaar/sIBL_GUI_Templates.git
cd sIBL_GUI/src/
python sIBL_GUI.py

Let me know if you have any issues :]

KS

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #79 - 02/21/11 at 12:31:51

Hi !

sIBL_GUI 3.1.2 is out !

The "Search Database" component has been reworked and features now a new "In Tags Cloud" search option and a new button to clear up started searchs : http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/sIBL_GUI/Support/Videos/Search_Database.swf

Complete Change Log :

sIBL_GUI - 3.1.2 :
  • Fixed issues with the “Search Database” component and empty Ibl Set attributes.
  • Added new “In Tags Cloud” option to the “Search Database” component. It’s now possible to search for multiples keywords in any order either by typing them in the “Search Database” widget or select them in the “Tags Cloud” widget.
  • “Search Database” widget now has a button to clear the current search.
  • Implement units tests on sIBL_GUI foundations and manager packages.
  • Extracted multiple packages to new repositories for better code reusability.

Cheers !

KS

IP Logged

chuckie7413
Ex Member

Reply #80 - 02/21/11 at 14:17:48

Hi Kel,

Seems to be an issue with the install.

When I run the installer is says:

Error opening file for writing:

C:\Program Files(x86)\sIBL_GUI\_ctypes.pyd

Click Abort to stop the installation,
Retry to try again, or
Ignore to skip this file.

If Ignore then I get the same message but for a different .pd file.

Is this a problem on my end or with the installer?

Cheers,

Rich

IP Logged

chuckie7413
Ex Member

Reply #81 - 02/21/11 at 14:22:12

Problem solved.

Installer is fine.

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #82 - 02/21/11 at 15:32:52

Most likely because there was an instance of sIBL_GUI running ( or crashed in the background ).

KS

IP Logged

chuckie7413
Ex Member

Reply #83 - 02/21/11 at 18:01:40

was exactly that reason

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #84 - 02/23/11 at 15:31:06

Hi !

sIBL_GUI 3.1.3 is out !

This is an update that I hope will pleased a lot of people : Lights type support is implemented in the Templates ! That mean that one can choose if the lights created by sIBL_GUI will be "Area", "Directional", "Point", "Spot", etc ...

Here is a screencast to illustrate this : http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/sIBL_GUI/Support/Videos/Light_Types_Support.swf

Depending the feedback I receive I may update some defaults ( Increase area lights size or sampling, etc ...)

* * * Important Notice * * *
"sIBL_GUI 3.1.2" Windows building file presented some issues resulting in an incorrect "templates" directory hierarchy and presence of non related files in the build. It's advised to either uninstall it or remove the installation "templates" directory content before updating.

Complete Change Log :

sIBL_GUI - 3.1.3 :
  • Templates have now options to define different light types : "Area", "Directional", "Point", "Spot", etc ...
  • "Search Database" component "In Tags Cloud" method is now case sensitive.
  • Fixed a remaining issue in "Search Database" component and empty Ibl Set attributes in the "In Tags Cloud" method.
  • Fix Windows building file to prevent incorrect "templates" folder hierarchy.

Enjoy !

KS

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #85 - 03/10/11 at 17:59:12

Hi,

sIBL_GUI 3.5.0 is out!

I'm happy to introduce sIBL_GUI - Lightsmith. It's a new extension that allows you to integrate quickly textured lights into your scene.

Here is a vimeo teaser: http://vimeo.com/20879389

The Lightsmith IBL Sets are available here for now until we find a proper location with Christian: http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/?dir=./sIBL_GUI/Repository/Sets/Lightsmith

The SoftBox A and Umbrella A Lightsmith IBL Sets are provided thanks to Oliver Wolfson: http://oliverwolfson.com/

Depending the renderer the lights will feature more or less options.
Arnold and VRay ones can be textured for instance with good results.
They can connect onto sIBL lights also, and will plug onto them.
Depending the requests etc, I'll certainly refine the light rig, etc...
The templates are released as nightly / beta versions, and will most likely evolve in the future. They should be fairly stable, but lack of warnings, explanation, etc...

For now only Maya with Mental Ray / VRay and XSI with Arnold / Mental Ray are supported. 3dsmax support will come later.

Some development renders done with Arnold:

Notice that this sIBL_GUI version and it's associated templates is not compatible with previous builds. I also dropped Illuminate Labs Turtle Renderer support since it's not developed anymore.

And the Complete Change Log:

sIBL_GUI - 3.5.0 :
  • Implemented support for "Lightsmith Lights": http://vimeo.com/20879389
  • Most of the Templates have been refactored at different level.
  • Fixed an issue where Ibl Sets were displayed multiple times in the "Database Browser" component.
  • Dropped support of Illuminate Labs Turtle Renderer.

Enjoy !

KS

IP Logged

sealz
Ex Member

Reply #86 - 03/11/11 at 03:01:13

excellent addition to sIBL!

i'm on a film shoot at the moment and have been taking HDR's, I might try see if I can grab a spotlight to capture.
If I can shoot an HDR of it and measure up the gates etc would you like an obj of the model with the texture?

Brendan

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #87 - 03/11/11 at 12:06:48

Sure, with pleasure Smiley The more we have the better :]
They are not very hard to do plus of that!

Thomas

IP Logged

varomix
Ex Member

Reply #88 - 03/12/11 at 22:57:25

Awesome update and I'm loving Lightsmith a looot, very nice stuff to play with, I'm thinking of adding support for Houdini's Renderer Mantra, I'll surely try it.

thanks

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #89 - 03/13/11 at 08:22:17

That would be awesome Smiley It's something I had planned, but since I'm running out of time, and that I don't know much Houdini, I didn't did it.

KS

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Send Topic Print