Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Send Topic Print
sIBL_GUI (Read 178026 times)
Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #45 - 06/02/10 at 13:15:13

Doh oO, that's weird, did you registered the dll with the gacutil.exe microsoft tool ? It need to be put into the global assembly cache.

Code:
gacutil.exe /i \\ivy\Workgroup\Addons\sIBL_GUI_XSI\Application\Plugins\sIBL_GUI_XSI_Server.dll 

gacutil.rar

KS

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #46 - 06/03/10 at 08:16:33

I started to modify the Smart IBl Loaders sticky thread to add a list of FAQ to it, it's a start and it will grow with time. You can view it here : http://www.hdrlabs.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1271612491

Otherway, sIBL_GUI 3.0.7 is due this week end and will fix some reported issues guys around are having with the current sIBL_GUI release.

KS

IP Logged

Rork
Ex Member

Reply #47 - 06/03/10 at 10:07:31

Hi Kel,

After running the gacutil again it worked!  Grin
The only weird error I get after running the script is:
' VERBOSE : Executing Provided Script Request: C:\\Users\\rob\\AppData\\Roaming\\HDRLabs\\sIBL_GUI\\io\\loaderScripts\\sIBL_XSI
_Import.js
' INFO : sIBL_GUI | Starting sIBL File Import !
' ERROR : sIBL_GUI | sIBL File Import Failed !

Everything is working, so maybe some oddball script thingy?

thanks,

rob

P.S. About upgrading, is it possible to have point updates in a zip form, just extract and be done with it? I'm not really into DL'ing and installing full apps just for a point update.

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #48 - 06/03/10 at 10:22:23

Quote:
Hi Kel,

After running the gacutil again it worked!  Grin

Ahhh cool Smiley
I'll put all those informations in the FAQ thread, currently it's scattered around in 5 or 6 threads, we need to clean the room a bit Cheesy

Quote:
The only weird error I get after running the script is:
' VERBOSE : Executing Provided Script Request: C:\\Users\\rob\\AppData\\Roaming\\HDRLabs\\sIBL_GUI\\io\\loaderScripts\\sIBL_XSI
_Import.js
' INFO : sIBL_GUI | Starting sIBL File Import !
' ERROR : sIBL_GUI | sIBL File Import Failed !

Everything is working, so maybe some oddball script thingy?

Did you used Softimage or XSI Template ? They are not the same and compatible, AD changed their Pass Environment Api, so I did a special template for Softimage 2011 ( That would maybe explain the errors you are having ) !

If you have issues with it I'll double check and fix it later tonight.

Quote:
P.S. About upgrading, is it possible to have point updates in a zip form, just extract and be done with it? I'm not really into DL'ing and installing full apps just for a point update.

Usualy when I update a Template, it's easy to get through the Online Updater. When it's the application that changed, it's better to get it fully.

KS

IP Logged

Rork
Ex Member

Reply #49 - 06/03/10 at 12:57:00

Hi Kel,

I checked the template setting, and am using the SI 2011 template, as the info panel says. Error keeps popping up after several attempts.

sorry,

rob

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #50 - 06/03/10 at 14:38:25

Ok I may have broken something, I'll check that tonight, I don't have XSI here at work !

KS

IP Logged

Rork
Ex Member

Reply #51 - 06/03/10 at 15:29:04

Like I said, it does work in the end and all is properly created in the scene, so it might be a small script 'bug'Wink

rob

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #52 - 06/03/10 at 15:54:57

Quote:
Like I said, it does work in the end and all is properly created in the scene, so it might be a small script 'bug'Wink

rob

Yeah but there shouldn't be any error Smiley Thanks taking time reporting it, the more feedback the better the solution in the end Smiley

KS

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #53 - 06/04/10 at 00:07:22

Hi,

Softimage 2011 Template error has been fixed ! It was happening on the end of script execution with no real big issue.

KS

IP Logged

Rork
Ex Member

Reply #54 - 06/04/10 at 08:06:38

Hi Kel,

Great news!!
Will test everything asap.  Smiley

rob

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #55 - 06/05/10 at 16:43:45

Hey Smiley

sIBL_GUI 3.0.7 is out with some enhancements and bug fixes Smiley

Some interesting features of this release are new command line parameters :

• -o / --loaderScriptsOutputDirectory : This one allows user to specify loader scripts output directory. It's handy when you are working on a network and want to send to a computer elsewhere but that computer can't access your preferences directory for whatever reason.
  • -u / --userApplicationDatasDirectory : That parameter allows user to specify application datas directory ( Preferences directory ). If you want to work with kind of a portable sIBL_GUI like sIBL_GUI 2, this is what you are looking for ! Specify your sIBL_GUI installation folder or a subfolder of it ( If you want to keep things clean ) and you are good to go.
  • -d / --databaseDirectory : This one allows user to specify the database directory. If you are working with a team of artists, they can all point to the same database. Be aware that modifying the same database at same time may yield weird results and even crash sIBL_GUI.
  • -r / --databaseReadOnly : To make collaborative work really efficient this parameter deactivates all sIBL_GUI database write methods. Usually a TD / Supervisor will choose and configure the database, and all the artists are launching a read only sIBL_GUI instance that connects to it.

I modified also the way I was accessing to the db with multiple threads, it should bring more stability.

Here is the complete change log :

sIBL_GUI - 3.0.7 :
  • Standard Output and Standard Errors messages are redirected to the Logging Window.
  • sIBL_GUI creates one session per thread for SQLite database access thus increasing application stability.
  • Thumbnails size preference is restored on application start.
  • Each component has its own section in the preferences file, resulting in a better and stronger file structure. ( You will will need to reconfigure components preferences ).
  • Session geometry is always restored on application start ignoring the state of the "Restore Geometry On Layout Change" preferences option.
  • Fixed "setsScanner" component regular expressions, it can now process paths with non alphanumerical characters ( "C:/Program Files (x86)/" ).
  • Fixed walkers arguments regular expressions so that they search for correct files extensions.
  • Added "-o / --loaderScriptsOutputDirectory" command line parameter allowing user to specify loader scripts output directory.
  • Added "-r / --databaseReadOnly" command line parameter that disable database edition methods.
  • Added "-d / --databaseDirectory" command line parameter allowing user to specify the database directory.
  • Added "-u / --userApplicationDatasDirectory" command line parameter allowing user to specify application datas directory ( Preferences directory ).

I'll finish the FAQ a bit later this weekend so that it features last remaining important informations.

KS
« Last Edit: 07/05/10 at 22:10:00 by Kel Solaar »  

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #56 - 06/08/10 at 19:43:34

Hi,

To make easier the process of launching sIBL_GUI from Maya 2011 on Mac Os X, I just updated Maya Helper Script so that you can directly point to sIBL_GUI.app.
I'm then using the open -a system command to launch sIBL_GUI.
The behavior is a bit different in Maya 2010 ( because Maya 2010 file dialog can't directly select to a ".app" folder ), you need to browse and enter sIBL_GUI.app folder and choose a file ( whatever the file ) into that folder, and the Helper Script will automatically tokenize and get the parent sIBL_GUI.app folder.

To resume before the path was something like that :

Code:
/Applications/sIBL_GUI.app/Contents/MacOS/sIBL_GUI 

now it's like that :

Code:
/Applications/sIBL_GUI.app 

KS

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #57 - 06/13/10 at 21:13:05

Hello o/

sIBL_GUI 3.0.8 is out !

This release is mostly a maintenance one, the application should not crash anymore when loading corrupted Ibl Sets or Templates.

sIBL_GUI is now natively built on Windows 7, I think it fixes the slowdown issues on startup : I didn't got any since this new build method.

I also implemented dragNdrop in the three major database components, meaning that you can directly drag Folders, Templates and Ibls Sets into the application : This is really cool Cheesy

Here is the full Change Log :

sIBL_GUI - 3.0.8 :
  • sIBL_GUI For Windows now is natively built on Windows 7, this should fix the slow startup issues reported on Windows Vista / 7.
  • Implemented dragNdrop in various components ( Network paths are currently not supported on Windows Vista / 7 ) :
    • Database Browser Component : You can dragNdrop Ibl Sets folders or Ibl Sets files directly from the Os.
    • Collections Outliner Component : You can also dragNdrop folders or Ibl Sets files directly from the Os.
    • Templates Outliner Component : You can dragNdrop Templates folders or Templates files directly from the Os.
  • Made the code stronger when sIBL_GUI deals with corrupted Ibl / Templates Files.
  • Refactored portions of the exceptions handling code.

• I will give a look at the Vray for Maya ground shader thingy this week.

Have Fun o/

KS

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #58 - 07/05/10 at 22:08:22

Hello Smiley

I'm pleased to announce that sIBL_GUI 3.0.9 is released !

This version features an Internal Image Previewer ( Thanks to a lot of time spend optimizing Third Party Image format reading with FreeImage Library ).

Internal Image Previewer also means External Image Previewer or Editor : You can link whatever Image Viewer or Editor into the Preferences :

And that's where the magic happens linking together the HDRLabs Softwares family : you can launch Picturenaut to Preview and / or Edit your Ibl HDR files directly from sIBL_GUI :

It's now possible to edit Ibl Sets names directly from the Database Browser by double clicking them.
    I also cleaned the code here and there, fixed some errors, a potential crash while dragging a huge amount of Ibl Sets from a Collection to another and some crashes on application exit.

Maya Templates have been reworked to preserve existing scene sIBL setup transformations ( sIBL_Feedback and sIBL_Ground ). The default sIBL_Feedback radius has been reduced, and the sIBL_Ground is now properly fitted to the sIBL_Feedback.

XSI / Softimage Templates received the same code changes regarding the sIBL_Feedback radius and the sIBL_Ground size.

Here is the full Change Log :

sIBL_GUI - 3.0.9 :
    • sIBL_GUI has now an Internal Image Previewer : You can quickly check your Ibl Sets images by right-clicking the Database Browser and use one of the new "Preview ..." context menu entry. It's also possible to use an External Viewer / Editor by assigning it in the Preferences. Picturenaut is obviously the way to go : "http://www.hdrlabs.com/picturenaut/index.html":http://www.hdrlabs.com/picturenau...
    • Refactored the way Third Party Images formats are loaded by using direct memory access and custom FreeImage library build : Third Party Images loading is now 10 to 20 times faster. 
    • Implemented Ibl Sets database display name edition : Double click an Ibl Set in the Database Browser to edit it's display name. 
    • "--databaseReadOnly" command line parameter properly disable Database Browser, Collections Outliner and Templates Outliner components dragNdrop capabilities and Collections Outliner component editing capabilities.
    • Fixed a code regression preventing "Templates Informations" widget display. 
    • Fixed a potential application crash when dragging multiples Ibl Sets from a Collection to another on Mac Os X. 
    • Worker Threads are properly terminated on application exit. 
    • Switched Darwin Installer to DropDmg application : Dmg icons are laid out correctly now.

Have Fun !

KS

IP Logged

sucka
    Ex Member

Reply #59 - 07/05/10 at 22:12:20

NICE! Thanks Kel! Like that all 3 applications are tied together through SIBL GUI now!

Fantastic work!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
    Send Topic Print