Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Send Topic Print
sIBL_GUI (Read 189070 times)
Rork
Ex Member


Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #30 - 05/28/10 at 13:16:09
 
Hi Kel,

And to be on the 'nagging track' today:
I tried to install the server addon, but get this one:
"' ERROR : 2424 - XSI failed to load a .NET plug-in. This error happens because the plug-in may have been compiled with a different version of XSI. Recompile the plug-in with the current version of XSI to fix the problem.
' <Plug-in: \\RWSERVER\xsiwg\wg2011_2\Addons\sIBL_GUI_XSI_Server\Application\Plugins\sIBL_GU
I_XSI_Server.dll>
' <Current XSI version: 9.0.242.0>
"

XSI 2011 64 bit on Vista64.

Sorry mate  Sad

rob
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Kel Solaar
Moderator
*****
Offline


Curious Apprentice

Posts: 1117
Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #31 - 05/28/10 at 15:56:52
 
Quote:
Hi Kel,

I love what you've done with v3, but it's excruciatingly slow running from a network drive.
Like making coffee, going out for groceries, drinking cofee again, he... it runs...  Cheesy


Sadly that's an issue with Python being really slow at importing modules once freezed, I didn't figured out why though.

Quote:
Also, collections aren't updated properly when adding/removing ibl's. But I've seen something similar in the thread.

Other than that it's awesome.
rob


Could you give me some details on your Library folder structure ?

Network Path, etc, I'll double check but the new sets should be added automatically.

Quote:
Kel,

Is there a way to move the user prefs to the sIBL_GUI folder, like in v2?
I hate the way windows dumps all stuff in the user folder  Angry
I like to have my sIBL 'portable'.

Thanks,

rob


Nope, not for now but it's something doable, I just need to figure out how.

Quote:
Hi Kel,

And to be on the 'nagging track' today:
I tried to install the server addon, but get this one:
"' ERROR : 2424 - XSI failed to load a .NET plug-in. This error happens because the plug-in may have been compiled with a different version of XSI. Recompile the plug-in with the current version of XSI to fix the problem.
' <Plug-in: \\RWSERVER\xsiwg\wg2011_2\Addons\sIBL_GUI_XSI_Server\Application\Plugins\sIBL_GU
I_XSI_Server.dll>
' <Current XSI version: 9.0.242.0>
"

XSI 2011 64 bit on Vista64.

Sorry mate  Sad

rob


Did you downloaded the sIBL_GUI_XSI_Server for your XSI version ?

KS
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Rork
Ex Member


Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #32 - 05/28/10 at 18:06:45
 
Hi Kel,

For my collections I finally started over and redid them. I probably did a PEBKAC somewhere.
For the user prefs I'' wait patiently if yiou find the time for that.

For the server addon, i DL'd the latest version from your site, it said 2011 in the link:
http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/sIBL_GUI/Support/Softwares/XSI/sIBL_GUI_XSI_Server/...

rob
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Kel Solaar
Moderator
*****
Offline


Curious Apprentice

Posts: 1117
Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #33 - 05/28/10 at 18:33:16
 
I will try compiling the addon on Softimage 2011 x64.

I tried also on the network, it's effectively reallllllllllllllllly slow. I'll see if I can do anything with that, not that I didn't tried already Smiley When the app is executed in python directly, it's starting in like 4 secs, once frozen we are at around 20 on Mac Os X. Sad
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Kel Solaar
Moderator
*****
Offline


Curious Apprentice

Posts: 1117
Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #34 - 05/28/10 at 23:14:11
 
Rob : I have recompiled the sIBL_GUI_XSI_Server for Softimage 2011 x64 : http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/?dir=./sIBL_GUI/Support/Softwares/XSI/sIBL_GUI_XSI_...

Let me know if it's ok for you !

KS
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Kel Solaar
Moderator
*****
Offline


Curious Apprentice

Posts: 1117
Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #35 - 05/29/10 at 00:35:41
 
Rob : I got a problem a few minutes ago, I relaunched sIBL_GUI after having installed, Softimage and Visual C# and played with some security settings, sIBL_GUI was sluggish like when I launched it from the network ...

Basically I changed something on my Windows 7 but I don't really see what, it's maybe something related to UAC.

Anyway I tried running sIBL_GUI as administrator, and the speed was back like usual. Maybe your speed issue is related to something like that.

KS
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Eagle1
Junior Member
**
Offline


I love HDR

Posts: 5
Germany
Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #36 - 05/29/10 at 15:59:05
 
I have a questions:

Lightwave - Support?

Thanks
Back to top
 
WWW  
IP Logged
 
Kel Solaar
Moderator
*****
Offline


Curious Apprentice

Posts: 1117
Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #37 - 05/29/10 at 17:00:05
 
Hello Eagle !

Lightwave suport is done directly by Christian Loader : http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/software.html

KS
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Kel Solaar
Moderator
*****
Offline


Curious Apprentice

Posts: 1117
Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #38 - 05/30/10 at 13:13:47
 
Hi,

sIBL_GUI 3.0.6 is out !

I fixed most of the issues people were encountering with sIBL_GUI 3.0.5 initial release.

The features highlights of this version are :

  • FreeImage C/C++ imaging library bind : sIBL_GUI now support a lot more image formats.
  • Threaded Ibl Sets / Templates continous scanners.
  • sIBL_GUI layout is now stored and restored on application start and exit.


...

Here is the Change Log :

sIBL_GUI - 3.0.6 :
  • Session layout state is now stored and restored on application start and exit. If you had a previous sIBL_GUI 3 installation, you may encounter two issues :
    • The first time you launch sIBL_GUI 3.0.6, the application window will be empty, simply click one of the main toolbar layouts. This is happening because if not absolutely needed I would like to avoid implementing compatibility code.
    • Your settings file will be a bit messy and missing some attributes. This will not prevent sIBL_GUI running properly. It's however advised to remove it ! If you need to preserve some customs layouts, backup your original settings file, and merge them into the new one. Don't hesitate to contact me if you are encountering difficulties while doing the merge.
  • Moved Templates and Ibl Sets scanners to separate threads for increased performances.
  • Added support for command line parameters.
  • Fixed a regression with "Lights|DynamicLights" attribute export.
  • Binded FreeImage C/C++ imaging library, sIBL_GUI can now manipulate and access a lot more image formats.
  • Application walker is now skipping Mac Os X "._" files.


Some of the Templates were also modified / fixed / improved :

Autodesk 3dsMax - Templates :
  • Renderer settings are preserved.
  • Fixed Bug with VRay Dynamic Lights function.
  • Prevented "White Sphere Syndrome" with Hardware Shading.
  • VRay has now a "Shadow Catching Ground", though the feature is not on by default because it's currently blocking bottom Ibl lighting.


Autodesk Maya - Templates :
  • Fixed a Mental Ray template issue when a camera is parented under "sIBL" group.


I also spotted a strange behavior on Windows 7 :
I don't really know what I did, but the other day I installed Softimage 2011 - x64, Visual C# 2010, tweaked a few security settings on my Windows 7 ( Uac, etc ) and since then, if I don't launch sIBL_GUI as Administrator, the application is really slow to startup.
I tried to figure out what was the change, but didn't really managed.

KS
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Ichabod
Ex Member


Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #39 - 06/01/10 at 14:45:23
 
Thanks KS, it's much appreciated! The only issue I see is the layout still goes back to the original geometry on app start. I'm on WinXP if that makes a difference to you.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Ichabod
Ex Member


Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #40 - 06/01/10 at 15:07:34
 
Now this is not necessarily a bug, and I'm not sure if it's any different than previous version, but I can reproduce it consistently:

If I run a loader script in Maya (manually or via command port) then undo (sIBL goes away), then redo, Maya throws a fatal error and crashes.

It's easy enough to remind myself not to do that, but if it's not something fixable, then maybe the loader script should not be undoable. You can disable/enable undo for the script without flushing the undo cache like this:

undoInfo -stateWithoutFlush [off|on];
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Kel Solaar
Moderator
*****
Offline


Curious Apprentice

Posts: 1117
Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #41 - 06/01/10 at 15:47:27
 
Quote:
Thanks KS, it's much appreciated! The only issue I see is the layout still goes back to the original geometry on app start. I'm on WinXP if that makes a difference to you.


There is an option that you can set in preferences that will restore or not the geometry on layout change.


Quote:
Now this is not necessarily a bug, and I'm not sure if it's any different than previous version, but I can reproduce it consistently:

If I run a loader script in Maya (manually or via command port) then undo (sIBL goes away), then redo, Maya throws a fatal error and crashes.

It's easy enough to remind myself not to do that, but if it's not something fixable, then maybe the loader script should not be undoable. You can disable/enable undo for the script without flushing the undo cache like this:

undoInfo -stateWithoutFlush [off|on];


Mmh this a really odd one oO, I never saw that before, and since it's a script execution it's only one undo. What platform / maya are you using ?

KS
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Ichabod
Ex Member


Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #42 - 06/01/10 at 16:19:13
 
I'm running maya 2010 on winxp. If it would help to see my error log or memory dump, I can send that...

As for the window geometry, I see that you rolled the save/restore into the saved layouts option. I was assuming that the two would be mutually exclusive.

Now I see that geometry is restored, and even the active "tab" (library|export|prefs), but selecting any of those layouts, or any saved custom layouts restores the geometry that was saved with those layouts.

From my perspective, the right behavior would be like this: If Restore Geometry is OFF, then the app saves and restores geometry on exit/start, and geometry never changes unless I drag the window. If Restore Geometry is ON, then per-layout geometries are always in effect, and the window will resize/position on layout change.

I really don't mean to be a pest about this one thing, because it's not stopping the software from being really useful!

Oh and while I'm nit-picking the UI, I might as well mention: how about saving the Thumbnail Size Slider setting as well? Smiley
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Kel Solaar
Moderator
*****
Offline


Curious Apprentice

Posts: 1117
Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #43 - 06/01/10 at 16:34:53
 
Quote:
I'm running maya 2010 on winxp. If it would help to see my error log or memory dump, I can send that...

As for the window geometry, I see that you rolled the save/restore into the saved layouts option. I was assuming that the two would be mutually exclusive.

Now I see that geometry is restored, and even the active "tab" (library|export|prefs), but selecting any of those layouts, or any saved custom layouts restores the geometry that was saved with those layouts.

From my perspective, the right behavior would be like this: If Restore Geometry is OFF, then the app saves and restores geometry on exit/start, and geometry never changes unless I drag the window. If Restore Geometry is ON, then per-layout geometries are always in effect, and the window will resize/position on layout change.

I really don't mean to be a pest about this one thing, because it's not stopping the software from being really useful!

Oh and while I'm nit-picking the UI, I might as well mention: how about saving the Thumbnail Size Slider setting as well? Smiley


I have Maya 2010 and Xp, I'll check that when back from work.

As for the startup geometry thing, it's a question I asked to myself when I implemented the startup layout this weekend. In a pure code wise perspective it doesn't make sense because it generates a condition / special case for the application startup BUT from an user perspective it's a natural behavior, SO I'll put that line of code for sIBL_GUI 3.0.7 Cheesy

Good point for the Thumbnails Slider, I'll store it in the preferences !

KS
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Rork
Ex Member


Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #44 - 06/02/10 at 12:47:58
 
Hi Kel,

I don't know what's going on, but your recompile for SI2011 64 bit gives me the same error as the previous sIBL server install Cry

rob
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Send Topic Print