Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print
sIBL_GUI (Read 192551 times)
Ichabod
Ex Member


Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #15 - 05/26/10 at 19:44:01
 
Looks good, and the installer runs in English now! Wink

It's obviously leaps and bounds better than v2 but I have only one minor feature request: with the addition of user layouts, I also begin to want the app to remember window size/position between sessions. My custom layout looks bad in the default window size. Grin

Thanks for your efforts.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Kel Solaar
Moderator
*****
Offline


Curious Apprentice

Posts: 1117
Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #16 - 05/26/10 at 21:52:05
 
Hello Ichabod Smiley

Yeah the installer thing was a mistake, I didn't realised it was in french, because it's my mother tongue so ... Smiley

As for the layouts size and position restore, there is an option in the Preferences for that : "Restore Geometry On Layout Change". Just put it on and it will restore sIBL_GUI size and position on layout change.

If you are motivated you can even change the 3 default layouts though it's not reommended Smiley :

- Save a layout you like in one of the 5 slots.
- open sIBL_Settings.rc settings file ( in your home directory )
- replace the layouts attribute accordingly.

setsCentric_geometry : stores application size and position for the Library layout.
setsCentric_windowState : stores sub windows state.
setsCentric_centralWidget : stores the Database Browser state.

In the event of a total mess, you can delete the settings file, and restart sIBL_GUI, you will not loose much since the Sets / Templates are stored in another place Smiley

Let me know if you have issues.

KS
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Ichabod
Ex Member


Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #17 - 05/27/10 at 02:29:48
 
I was unclear about my question, but your response was still helpful.

I was suggesting that the window geometry be saved when the program quits, and restore the saved geometry regardless of layout. It sounds like modifying the Library layout geometry manually will sort of accomplish this for me, but I still tend to want geometry to always stay where I set it by dragging the window around.

Anyway, your suggestions are helpful enough that I won't whine about it anymore!
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Kel Solaar
Moderator
*****
Offline


Curious Apprentice

Posts: 1117
Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #18 - 05/27/10 at 10:12:09
 
Ah yeah I see what you mean Smiley

You would like kind of a startup layout that is stored / restored on application start and exit.

It's something easy to implement, I thought about it when I did the layout handling code but as it wasn't really a "show stopper" feature I didn't coded it Smiley

I'll put it back in my task list, it's done in like 20 mins Smiley

I'm currently working on reading TGA and arbitray other formats and this is not an easy duty Cheesy

KS
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Ichabod
Ex Member


Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #19 - 05/27/10 at 21:57:29
 
Ok, sorry to be a pest, but I'm trying to load sIBL sets into Maya/MentalRay, and I'm having trouble. I think the only thing that has changed is my install of the latest version of sIBL_GUI, and I tried uninstalling and installing again with the same result. I get one light at the top of the sphere, and the following feedback in the maya script editor:

Code:
sIBL_GUI | Starting sIBL File Import !
// Warning: Freeze transform with negative scale will set the 'opposite' attribute for these nodes: sIBL_FeedbackShape //
// Warning: file: C:\Documents and Settings\ahart\Application Data\HDRLabs\sIBL_GUI\io\loaderScripts\sIBL_Maya_Import.mel line 625: Converting string "" to a float value of 0. //
// Warning: file: C:\Documents and Settings\ahart\Application Data\HDRLabs\sIBL_GUI\io\loaderScripts\sIBL_Maya_Import.mel line 625: Converting string "" to a float value of 0. //
// Warning: file: C:\Documents and Settings\ahart\Application Data\HDRLabs\sIBL_GUI\io\loaderScripts\sIBL_Maya_Import.mel line 625: Converting string "" to a float value of 0. //
// Warning: file: C:\Documents and Settings\ahart\Application Data\HDRLabs\sIBL_GUI\io\loaderScripts\sIBL_Maya_Import.mel line 626: Converting string "" to a float value of 0. //
// Warning: file: C:\Documents and Settings\ahart\Application Data\HDRLabs\sIBL_GUI\io\loaderScripts\sIBL_Maya_Import.mel line 626: Converting string "" to a float value of 0. //
// Warning: file: C:\Documents and Settings\ahart\Application Data\HDRLabs\sIBL_GUI\io\loaderScripts\sIBL_Maya_Import.mel line 626: Converting string "" to a float value of 0. //
sIBL_GUI | sIBL File Import Finished !
 



Also, if you'd rather I start a new thread for my inane questions rather than fill up your updates thread with silly questions, let me know. Wink
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Ichabod
Ex Member


Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #20 - 05/27/10 at 22:09:41
 
p.s. Found an unusual bug in the MR/Maya loader script.

I used "look through selected" to view my scene through a sIBL-generated light at one point. This creates a temporary cameraShape node inside the sIBL hierarchy.

I think I accidentally tried to render from that "camera" at one point and the cameraShape node became permanent.

Then I tried running the sIBL loader again. I guess it makes a list of cameras in the scene before it deletes the sIBL hierarchy, because all the sIBL-stuff gets deleted, but then maya gives an error about not finding the cameraShape.miEnvironmentShader attribute (because that cameraShape was a child of a sIBL light node, and doesn't exist anymore), and the script aborts.

Running the loader a second time works, because that camera is not listed anymore. I might just edit the script myself and send a copy if I can fix that.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Kel Solaar
Moderator
*****
Offline


Curious Apprentice

Posts: 1117
Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #21 - 05/27/10 at 23:00:07
 
Quote:
Ok, sorry to be a pest, but I'm trying to load sIBL sets into Maya/MentalRay, and I'm having trouble. I think the only thing that has changed is my install of the latest version of sIBL_GUI, and I tried uninstalling and installing again with the same result. I get one light at the top of the sphere, and the following feedback in the maya script editor:

Code:
sIBL_GUI | Starting sIBL File Import !
// Warning: Freeze transform with negative scale will set the 'opposite' attribute for these nodes: sIBL_FeedbackShape //
// Warning: file: C:\Documents and Settings\ahart\Application Data\HDRLabs\sIBL_GUI\io\loaderScripts\sIBL_Maya_Import.mel line 625: Converting string "" to a float value of 0. //
// Warning: file: C:\Documents and Settings\ahart\Application Data\HDRLabs\sIBL_GUI\io\loaderScripts\sIBL_Maya_Import.mel line 625: Converting string "" to a float value of 0. //
// Warning: file: C:\Documents and Settings\ahart\Application Data\HDRLabs\sIBL_GUI\io\loaderScripts\sIBL_Maya_Import.mel line 625: Converting string "" to a float value of 0. //
// Warning: file: C:\Documents and Settings\ahart\Application Data\HDRLabs\sIBL_GUI\io\loaderScripts\sIBL_Maya_Import.mel line 626: Converting string "" to a float value of 0. //
// Warning: file: C:\Documents and Settings\ahart\Application Data\HDRLabs\sIBL_GUI\io\loaderScripts\sIBL_Maya_Import.mel line 626: Converting string "" to a float value of 0. //
// Warning: file: C:\Documents and Settings\ahart\Application Data\HDRLabs\sIBL_GUI\io\loaderScripts\sIBL_Maya_Import.mel line 626: Converting string "" to a float value of 0. //
sIBL_GUI | sIBL File Import Finished !
 



Also, if you'd rather I start a new thread for my inane questions rather than fill up your updates thread with silly questions, let me know. Wink


Mmmh this is usually coming from an incorrect loader script header, can you please send it to me, so I give a look at it ?

Quote:
p.s. Found an unusual bug in the MR/Maya loader script.

I used "look through selected" to view my scene through a sIBL-generated light at one point. This creates a temporary cameraShape node inside the sIBL hierarchy.

I think I accidentally tried to render from that "camera" at one point and the cameraShape node became permanent.

Then I tried running the sIBL loader again. I guess it makes a list of cameras in the scene before it deletes the sIBL hierarchy, because all the sIBL-stuff gets deleted, but then maya gives an error about not finding the cameraShape.miEnvironmentShader attribute (because that cameraShape was a child of a sIBL light node, and doesn't exist anymore), and the script aborts.

Running the loader a second time works, because that camera is not listed anymore. I might just edit the script myself and send a copy if I can fix that.


Yeah that's unusual, I'll put that on the Todo List Smiley

KS
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Kel Solaar
Moderator
*****
Offline


Curious Apprentice

Posts: 1117
Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #22 - 05/27/10 at 23:28:52
 
Hi,

I have binded freeImage C/C++ library, so now sIBL_GUI can open a lot more images formats Smiley

...

I'm currently literally flooded by features ( mostly this type ) and bug requests, which is good Smiley

I'll do a new Component so Ibls can be previewed with Picturenaut, and maybe an internal viewer.

I'll see also if I can make the Database kind of read-only with an arbitrary path for pipelines that want to have a centralized library.

KS

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Ichabod
Ex Member


Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #23 - 05/28/10 at 00:08:35
 
Here's a loader script. I tried outputting from the new sIBL_GUI on 2 different computers with the same result.

Also the old "execute loader script" maya shelf button seems to point the to the wrong location now as temp script save location seems to have changed. Fun times for you! Wink
Back to top
 

sIBL_Maya_Import.zip (Attachment deleted)
 
IP Logged
 
Kel Solaar
Moderator
*****
Offline


Curious Apprentice

Posts: 1117
Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #24 - 05/28/10 at 01:49:07
 
Quote:
Here's a loader script. I tried outputting from the new sIBL_GUI on 2 different computers with the same result.

Also the old "execute loader script" maya shelf button seems to point the to the wrong location now as temp script save location seems to have changed. Fun times for you! Wink


There is an issue with the Dynamic Lights, I'll fix it asap.

As for the old Helper Script, it's not compatbile with sIBL_GUI 3, you should update to the new one Smiley

KS
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Kel Solaar
Moderator
*****
Offline


Curious Apprentice

Posts: 1117
Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #25 - 05/28/10 at 02:02:30
 
* * * Maya and XSI Templates are not working with Dynamics Lighs currently. * * *


The issue with the Dynamics Lights is that I changed ( it's a mistake ) the separator I use to tokenize the string when I coded sIBL_GUI 3.

A quick work around until I rerelease them is to manually the Templates and change one line :

For Maya :

Code:
tokenize($compactedDynamicLights, "|", $dynamicLights); 



Code:
tokenize($compactedDynamicLights, ",", $dynamicLights); 




For XSI :

Code:
var dynamicLights = dynamicLights.split("|"); 



Code:
var dynamicLights = dynamicLights.split(","); 




KS
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Ichabod
Ex Member


Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #26 - 05/28/10 at 03:40:31
 
Perfect, that fixes it. And I had updated my helper script setup on one machine but not the other, so sorry for adding that to my complaints. Wink

Thanks for the fast response!

I worked around the weird look-through-light-cameraShape issue by changing the following in 3 places in the Maya/MR loader script:

From:
Code:
	for($camera in $cameraList)
	{
		/* do something to the camera */;
	} 



To:
Code:
	for($camera in $camerasList)
	{
		if( objExists( $camera ) )
		{ /* do something to the camera */; }
	} 

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Kel Solaar
Moderator
*****
Offline


Curious Apprentice

Posts: 1117
Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #27 - 05/28/10 at 08:12:02
 
Thanks Smiley

It will be integrated into the next releases ( should be this weekend ) !

KS
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Rork
Ex Member


Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #28 - 05/28/10 at 11:04:46
 
Hi Kel,

I love what you've done with v3, but it's excruciatingly slow running from a network drive.
Like making coffee, going out for groceries, drinking cofee again, he... it runs...  Cheesy

Also, collections aren't updated properly when adding/removing ibl's. But I've seen something similar in the thread.

Other than that it's awesome.

rob
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Rork
Ex Member


Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #29 - 05/28/10 at 11:17:16
 
Kel,

Is there a way to move the user prefs to the sIBL_GUI folder, like in v2?
I hate the way windows dumps all stuff in the user folder  Angry
I like to have my sIBL 'portable'.

Thanks,

rob
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print