KS

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #106 - 12/20/11 at 23:32:54

sIBL_GUI 4.0.0 Alpha For Windows, Linux And Mac Os X

Hi,

I'm happy ( And proud Smiley ) to announce that after more than 7 months of intense and hard work, lost hairs, etc ... sIBL_GUI 4 is finally out!

With over 1250 commits, this release is sIBL_GUI biggest and most important one. Virtually every line of code has been affected in a way or another. sIBL_GUI weights now nearly 60000 lines ( 25000 logic code lines / 35000 code documentation lines ).

* * * Important Notices * * *

"sIBL_GUI 4.0.0" preferences are now stored per version in a directory following this structure : "./HDRLabs/sIBL_GUI/$MAJOR_VERSION.$MINOR_VERSION".

Previous Maya, Softimage / XSI and 3dsMax Helper Scripts are not compatible with sIBL_GUI 4.0.0 and need to be updated if you use them.

Here are some visible highlights:

• New unified dark themed Ui.
  • New Inspect layout to browse your collections using large images preview.
  • New "Edit" layout featuring Umbra Script Editor to interact directly with sIBL_GUI and the various resources files.
  • Support for Ibl Sets plates has been added, although not in Templates yet.
  • Startup speed has been dramatically increased ( Between 4 to 6 times faster, the first launch sIBL_GUI will have to compile the bytecode and will be a bit slower to start ).
  • Templates settings are now stored / restored for each template.
  • Maya templates have been ported to Python and feature a cleaner code.
  • 3dsMax and Softimage / XSI templates have been refactored and feature a cleaner code.
  • 64bit release.
  • The Api has been added using Sphinx documentation system: http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/sIBL_GUI/Support/Documentation/Api/index.html

I have much more good stuff planned, stay tuned Smiley

Here are some screenshots of the new Ui:

sIBL_GUI - Sets Centric Layout

sIBL_GUI - Inspect Centric Layout

sIBL_GUI - Edit Centric Layout

sIBL_GUI - Templates Centric Layout

sIBL_GUI - Preferences Centric Layout

And for the full Change Log:

• sIBL_GUI is now built around **Umbra**: https://github.com/KelSolaar/Umbra
  • sIBL_GUI now features a refreshed new dark Ui theme with new logo, splashscreen and more!
  • x64 is the default new sIBL_GUI architecture, there won't be anymore support for x86.
  • sIBL_GUI 4.x.x preferences a now stored per version in "./HDRLabs/sIBL_GUI/$MAJOR_VERSION.$MINOR_VERSION" directory.
  • A new "Inspect" layout has been implemented, it makes use of the new "PREVIEWfile" attribute of .ibl files and allows you to browse your collections using large preview images.
  • A new "Edit" layout has been implemented, it features **Umbra** **Script Editor** component and allows you to directly edit Ibl Sets or Templates files and interact with sIBL_GUI.
  • Support for Ibl Sets plates has been added (Templates don't create them in scenes yet).
  • Major parts of the underlying architecture have been rewrote for better evolutivity and feature a cleaner code base.
  • Startup speed has been dramaticaly increased (Non frozen application version is more than 4 times faster).
  • sIBL_GUI can be toggled to fullscreen using the related option in the "Custom_Layouts" menu.
  • A patches mechanism has been implemented to allow migrations between sIBL_GUI versions.
  • The "logginWindow" component has been replaced by the "scriptEditor" component that allows direct interaction with sIBL_GUI.
  • The "databaseBackup" component has been integrated into the "db" component.
  • A database migration mechanism has been implemented using SQLAlchemy Migrate, it should allow database structure manipulation for future releases.
  • A new "databaseOperations" component has been introduced to allow manual database synchronization.
  • Adding / Renaming a collection using an empty name was possible, this incorrect behavior has been fixed.
  • A "Logging Formatter" preferences option has been added, allowing to choose between different logging formatters.
  • Added support for Templates strings: "nodePrefix = @nodePrefix | __Prefix__ | String | Node Prefix".
  • Added "-f / --loggingFormatter" command line parameter allowing logging formatter choice.
  • Added "-x / --startupScript" command line parameter allowing execution of an user script on startup.
  • Added "-t / --deactivateWorkerThreads" command line parameter allowing Worker Threads deactivation.
  • Renamed "-s / --noSplashScreen" command line parameter to "-s / --hideSplashScreen".
  • Package directories structure has been deeply reorganized.
  • Documentation has been updated and converted from textile to reStructuredText and is available in different flavors:
  • Sphinx documentation with chapters and API.
  • Inline monolitic file for HDRLabs.com.
  • A "defaultScript.py" file is provided to showcase a few high level API features.
  • Templates settings are now stored / restored in preferences folder for each template release.
  • Most Maya templates have been ported toward Python for better maintainability and performance.
  • 3dsMax and Softimage / XSI templates have been refactored for better maintainability.
  • Most Templates allows the user to define the prefix the setup will use for better customization.
  • The Maya, 3dsMax, Softimage / XSI helper scripts have been refactored to be inline with sIBL_GUI 4.0.0 release.
  • A donations page has been added and is available here: http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/sIBL_GUI/Support/Donations/Make_A_Donation.html

Maya, Softimage / XSI and 3dsMax Helper Scripts have been respectively refactored, updated and are available here:
http://www.hdrlabs.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1271609371/1#1

With this release I decided to add a donation page so that if you like the software and think it's worth something you can contribute to it's development: http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/sIBL_GUI/Support/Donations/Make_A_Donation.html

Voila Smiley

Enjoy!

KS
« Last Edit: 12/30/11 at 19:32:41 by Kel Solaar »  

IP Logged

Rork

Pano Pixeler

52.213523467241444, 4.42187905
Reply #107 - 12/21/11 at 10:30:32

Hi Thomas,

I only can say... WOW!!

This definitely is a labor of love Wink

Kudos to all involved, I'll give it a testdrive asap!  Grin

rob

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #108 - 12/22/11 at 08:00:58

Congrats, what an amazing release!

This new map type alone is awesome, it just dug out an Aeral photo I never even knew existed!

inspector.jpg (215 KB | 156 )
inspector.jpg
IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #109 - 12/24/11 at 00:04:44

Hehe cheers guys Smiley

Christian: Excellent to see u are having fun :]

KS

IP Logged

M@MazQara

I love HDR

Bangkok, Thailand.
Reply #110 - 12/26/11 at 07:16:14

Why you drop support for maya below 2011 version?

WWW M@MazQara jirawut.kemglad  
IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #111 - 12/26/11 at 12:30:25

Hi,

Because I'm basically alone to maintain that project, making it very hard to provide support for a lot of different softwares and their different versions.

The support for Maya versions prior to 2011 is dropped for the helper script however the Templates should still work!

KS

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #112 - 12/30/11 at 19:32:53

Hi,

I just released updated Lightsmith Ibl Sets and their Templates, you can grab the Templates using sIBL_GUI Online Updater and the Lightsmith Ibl Sets here: http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/?dir=./sIBL_GUI/Repository/Sets/Lightsmith

Christian will upload them in HDRLabs Collection later.

Voila Smiley

KS

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #113 - 12/30/11 at 20:35:59

Done. The entire archive is updated, including the featured sets from the last few months and remastered sets from Bob Groothuis.

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #114 - 01/01/12 at 11:06:06

Blochi wrote on 12/30/11 at 20:35:59:
Done. The entire archive is updated, including the featured sets from the last few months and remastered sets from Bob Groothuis.

Awesome Christian, it's very cool Smiley

By the mean time I released sIBL_GUI 4.0.1 - Beta.

The most notable feature is that I rolled in the asynchronous threaded images loading code that should be very efficient with larges databases.
I also fixed an ugly memory leak related to an circular reference issue with Python interpreter ( http://bugs.python.org/issue1469629 ), not only the memory consumption should be slightly lower but the application should not slow down after an extensive use.
For those interested in details, that issue resulted in underlying nodes being duplicated and not cleared from memory, in some extreme case I had like over 3000 Ibl Sets Nodes sitting in memory whereas I should have under 100.

Notice that even if affixed as Beta the downloads have been put in the Stable directories.

Here is the complete Change Log:

Development 4.0.1 - Beta - Milestone: https://github.com/KelSolaar/sIBL_GUI/issues?milestone=2&state=closed
  • Implemented asynchronous images loading in related sIBL_GUI components for increased speed and responsiveness.
  • A new **imagesCachesOperations** component has been introduced to allow images caches operations.
  • Dropped **NSIS** installer for **Actual Installer** ( http://www.actualinstaller.com/ ) on Windows Os.
  • Double clicking an Ibl Set in the **Database Browser"** component now opens the **Inspect** layout.
  • Prevented a subtle memory leak related to a Python interpreter issue ( http://bugs.python.org/issue1469629 ), slightly reducing memory consumption.
  • Prevented an exception in **Inspector** component when a plate was selected and the view attempted to store the current nodes selection.
  • Prevented an exception in **Inspector** component when current Ibl Set preview image doesn't exists.

• Happy 2012 New Year!

KS

IP Logged

rafal
    YaBB Newbies

Curious Apprentice

sIBL_GUI 4.0.1 Activating core.db.
    Reply #115 - 01/29/12 at 13:17:41

Hi,
    I get this error when sIBL_GUI is loading.

"Exception in'db Db.initialize()'SadOperationalError) unable to open database file None"

"Exception in 'sIBL_GUI':'core.db'Component failed to activate! Exception raised: exit() takes at most 1 argument (3 given)"

"Exception in 'umbra.engine Umbra._init_()':exit() take at most 1 argument (3 given)"

"Exception in 'umbra.engine run()' takes at most 1 argument (3 given)"

What should I do after instoling sIBL_GUI.exe?
    Do I need anything else or change any path?

RS

win7
    3d studio Design 2012

sIBL_GUI_-_4_0_1.jpg (66 KB | 157 )
    sIBL_GUI_-_4_0_1.jpg
    sIBL_GUI_-_4_0_1a.jpg (40 KB | 143 )
    sIBL_GUI_-_4_0_1a.jpg
    sIBL_GUI_-_4_0_1b.jpg (44 KB | 146 )
    sIBL_GUI_-_4_0_1b.jpg
    sIBL_GUI_-_4_0_1c.jpg (42 KB | 134 )
    sIBL_GUI_-_4_0_1c.jpg

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #116 - 01/29/12 at 13:55:43

Hi,

Do you have any special characters in your user name / user folder? There is an issue with Python / SQLAlchemy that prevent the database of being created on a path with non ASCII characters.

KS

IP Logged

Platinum

I love HDR

Canada
    Reply #117 - 01/31/12 at 01:05:58

Where are the common attributes description in sIBL 4.x, there is only true/false but no description ?

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #118 - 01/31/12 at 08:29:09

Platinum: There is a bug with the latest Qt 4.8 I used to build the latest release on Windows. I should have a new build this week that fix that problem.

KS

IP Logged

Platinum

I love HDR

Canada
    Reply #119 - 01/31/12 at 13:22:59

Thank you, I look forward to it Smiley Post the notification in this thread Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
    Send Topic Print