Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Canon Menu View & Settings (Read 1890 times)
ehong33234
Ex Member

Canon Menu View & Settings
04/17/10 at 06:09:36

Can someone develop an add on to the bracketing mod that will enable access to the Canon "My Favorites" section and enable changes to it through the DS? If this is possible of course.

IP Logged

MistrWebmastr
Ex Member

Re: Canon Menu View & Settings
Reply #1 - 04/17/10 at 07:41:57

I doubt that's possible, at least in this design.  Essentially what the OCC does is provide a means of sending signals from the DS to the controller, which shorts the right pins on the camera cable.  There's nothing more than that.

IP Logged

ehong33234
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/17/10 at 20:44:33

There's got to be more than that given that it can add additional stops to the bracketing which would mean that you do have some control of the canon software and not only hardware. Otherwise, why would anyone need another shutter remote?

IP Logged

Steve Chapman
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/18/10 at 00:26:57

OCC is a programmable shutter remote. If you already have a programmable shutter remote, you probably don't need another. I've sent requests to Canon asking them to add features to their shutter remote, but they think they know what I need more than I do.

Canon has not concluded that you need to do this, & has not made this easy to accomplish. I have not seen any setting in the Canon SDK to set "My Favorites" settings even with a tethered PC, the way OnOne controls Canons. It is possible to change our design to control the "My Favorites" section of your specific camera, & as a open source, user developed project, we hope someone does that someday, though if you are not a Maker and your request is not that beneficial to those shooting Casio, Nikon, Olympus, it is not likely to be added.

Other options are for you to check the Canon SDK group at Yahoo Groups, or delve into the source code of Magic Lantern's 5D-2 firmware.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print