Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
sIBL Loader for Cinema 4D (Read 34753 times)
spedler
Ex Member

Re: sIBL Loader for Cinema 4D v13 on Mac?
Reply #60 - 05/06/12 at 14:44:55

Quote:
Please, Help Me!  Smiley

To do what? If it's something to do with the sIBL loader for C4D, I'll do my best to help... if I know what the problem is...

Steve

IP Logged

beenyweenies
Ex Member

Re: sIBL Loader for Cinema 4D
Reply #61 - 10/26/12 at 01:54:28

Since v11, the C4D documentation claims that no extra render options (like the Color Correction item) and no texture corrections are necessary to use Linear Workflow. According to the docs, all of this is done automatically (and internally) by C4D when you enable the LWF button.

I bring this up because I believe the C4D sIBL loader is still adding a Color Correction item with 2.2 gamma correction to the renderer, which if I'm reading things correctly will result in incorrect, overly bright renders.

Thanks for creating this, by the way! It works awesome and is very well designed.

IP Logged

spedler
Ex Member

Reply #62 - 11/09/12 at 12:16:48

Apologies for the delay in answering, I've been unable to do much coding for a few weeks due to illness.

I'm about to recompile the loader for C4D R13 and R14. There have been a lot of changes since the last version - for example, color management and LWF are much improved, the new physical renderer has become available, and so on - that it really needs a new version. Using the loader with Vray also needs some changes.

Bear with me for a little longer and this will be available. The issues you raise with regard to LWF will be sorted out (though the Maxon docs are incorrect by the way - in R12 LWF and color management was working incorrectly, but in R13 this seems to have been fixed).

The earlier version for R12 and earlier will remain available of course, but I won't be rebuilding the plugin for those releases of C4D.

Steve

IP Logged

spedler
Ex Member

Reply #63 - 11/13/12 at 16:23:36

This is coming along quite nicely. I've added Lightsmith implementation to the new version, here's a render using Vray for C4D, with the out of the box settings (except intensity turned up a little).

Should be available in a few days.

Steve

lsvraytest.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Hermond
YaBB Newbies

Curious Apprentice

Reply #64 - 12/29/12 at 12:56:43

Hey Spedler, just writing to say thanks and to tell you that I'm eagerly waiting for the R14 version.
Cheers m8.

IP Logged

spedler
Ex Member

Reply #65 - 12/31/12 at 19:13:25

Thank you. It's in beta-testing at the moment, which is taking a bit longer than I thought, but will be available very soon.

Steve

IP Logged

webweile
Ex Member

Reply #66 - 01/06/13 at 18:37:38

i am verry happy with the last version of the loader in r14 - ok lwf is a bit difficult to setup but all in all its a top enhancement for c4d. using it every day! grate to hear that you work on a new version spedler.  Smiley

IP Logged

moray
Ex Member

Reply #67 - 01/10/13 at 14:03:58

Having trouble making a collection show up.  sIBL loads properly, but when I go to prefs. tab and 'add collection' it doesn't show up.  I have the path set properly for the 'edit' as well.

IP Logged

spedler
Ex Member

Reply #68 - 01/11/13 at 13:41:12

Quote:
Having trouble making a collection show up.  sIBL loads properly, but when I go to prefs. tab and 'add collection' it doesn't show up.  I have the path set properly for the 'edit' as well.

Please make sure you have set up the file structure correctly. A common mistake people make is to unzip all the sIBL sets so that all the files are placed into one large folder. This won't work: each individual set MUST be in its own folder. Those set folders are in turn sub-folders of a parent folder, and that is your collection folder.

It sounds more complicated than it really is. The process is explained in detail in the manual.

Steve

IP Logged

e1n
Ex Member

Reply #69 - 04/11/13 at 14:37:29

Hi,

i can't download the Sibl loader for Cinema, at he end of the download the zip archive is always corrupted, please check.

Any news for the new update of the Cinema loader ?

Thanks

IP Logged

spedler
Ex Member

Reply #70 - 04/13/13 at 00:19:21

Quote:
Hi,

i can't download the Sibl loader for Cinema, at he end of the download the zip archive is always corrupted, please check.

Any news for the new update of the Cinema loader ?

Thanks

If you can't get the current version from here, you can get it direct from my site at http://www.microbion.co.uk/graphics/c4d/sIBLLoader.htm

I've been so busy working on other things that I just haven't had the chance to release the update. I'll try to do that ASAP, thanks for the reminder.

Steve

IP Logged

e1n
Ex Member

Reply #71 - 04/15/13 at 21:56:53

i'd exactly download already from yours site, thanks!

And the new version will be killer, we are all waiting for it, make we all happy Thanks!!

IP Logged

bardo
Ex Member

Reply #72 - 05/21/13 at 12:19:57

Hello, I just downloaded the loader and once i opened the zip there are different versions till R12,
does the R12 works also for R13 or I am missing something?
thank you

IP Logged

e1n
Ex Member

Reply #73 - 06/03/13 at 15:17:31

still hoping for an update for Cinema 4d loader, next months will be new cinema version, it could be great to play with the new version Wink

IP Logged

spedler
Ex Member

Reply #74 - 06/18/13 at 18:03:15

Quote:
still hoping for an update for Cinema 4d loader, next months will be new cinema version, it could be great to play with the new version Wink

I've been incredibly busy doing other things and just haven't had the time to do anything more with the loader. But it's complete as far as I can see, so I'm going to release it anyway under the GPL so that other people can tweak it if necessary.

The PC builds are done - just have to do the Mac ones and then it's ready. If there are no unexpected problems on the mac, should be within 24 hours.

Steve

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print