Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
sIBL Loader for Cinema 4D (Read 33425 times)
Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Re: sIBL Loader for Cinema 4D
Reply #30 - 05/10/10 at 16:58:15

Yes, please do send updated versions. I'll redesign and update some of the other front pages of sIBL anyway, maybe I find a way how you can update the front page link yourself....

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #31 - 05/16/10 at 23:02:46

Just updated the front page. To make things more clear, there is an all-new entrance page for the sIBL software now.

IP Logged

spedler
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 07/10/10 at 16:47:44

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd post a progress report on the C4D loader plugin. I'm now working on version 1.1, and the main features in this will be:

• support for multiple collections, so users don't have to keep all their sIBLs in one ever-expanding folder
  • a search/filter function, which other scripts have but the current C4D version does not
  • some interface tweaks and minor enhancements
  • and most importantly IMO, compatibility with Vray for C4D

The first three on this list are done, I'm just working on the Vray compatibility - most of this is working now, I just need to add 2-3 features and it should be ready for trialling. I want to ask some of the users of Vray for C4D to give this a thorough workout before release - I'm not a Vray expert so my implementation might not be what's most desirable - but hopefully it'll all be done around the end of this month.

Steve

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #33 - 07/10/10 at 17:28:14

Really nice Steve, I know a few guys that will be happy with the VRay support Smiley

IP Logged

spedler
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 08/12/10 at 17:27:47

Version 1.1 beta

Version 1.1 of the sIBL loader for Cinema 4D is now available. There's quite a lot extra in this version, especially the addition of Vray support and linear workflow implementation. For the moment therefore, I'm calling this beta software - more because I would like to know it's okay before calling it a finished release than because I expect any problems.

Because of this, it's only been compiled for R11 and R11.5 of C4D; unfortunately the radically changed shader system in R11.5 needs a different version as v1.1 of the loader now contains a custom shader. The additional functionality is as indicated in my post above this one. I'll compile it for R10 as well once I am happy that it's a stable version.

Both Mac and PC plugins are contained in the attached .zips, along with an updated manual. Make sure you download the correct version for your release of C4D.

Please do let me know of any problems! I'll be releasing it to the wider C4D community in the next couple of days.

Steve

sIBLLoader1_1_R11.zip (Attachment deleted)
sIBLLoader1_1_R11_5.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #35 - 08/28/10 at 03:44:38

Hey Steve, what's the status. Are you still squashing bugs, or can I put v1.1 on the main page?

Blochi

IP Logged

spedler
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 08/30/10 at 12:30:34

Hi,

I'm nearly done with it. I've added a little more functionality due to a user's request. Also, Vray for C4D 1.2.5 has just been released (as of a couple of days ago) and I'd like to give the loader a thorough workout with the new version. But I don't anticipate any problems (I just know I'm going to regret having said that!).

So if you can give me a few days I'll have a final version ready to go on the main page.

Steve

IP Logged

spedler
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 09/01/10 at 09:00:55

...and now R12 of C4D has just been released, which is apparently going to require a recompilation of ALL plugins! So that'll have to wait until my copy of R12 arrives (hopefully any time now) and I can recompile and test in R12. Shocked

IP Logged

spedler
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 09/22/10 at 17:25:05

At last it's done!

New versions of the sIBL Loader for Cinema 4D are now available. This includes the functionality from the beta version (see post #34 above) plus one or two extras and, of course, a number of bug fixes and tweaks.

However - don't you just hate it when you see that word - there is a slight downside. Well, two. Firstly, Vray support proved impossible to implement for C4D R10 because Vray for C4D doesn't support R10 any more. It does support R10.5... but it's not possible for me to compile a separate version for R10.5 as the SDK is no longer available from Maxon.

The other issue is that due to very significant changes in the Cinema SDK, plugin versions for R11 don't work in R11.5, and versions for R11.5 had to be reworked and recompiled for R12. So, there are now four separate versions of this plugin depending on which release of C4D you have.

I've uploaded a large archive with all four versions in it, but if you just want the specific one for your release of Cinema, please go to my site (http://www.microbion.co.uk/graphics/c4d/sIBLLoader.htm) and download it from there. (It'll be another 24 hours before they are available, if you need the new version right now, download the attached archive.)

As always, if you find any bugs or have any suggestions, please let me know.

Steve

sIBLLoader_Sept2010.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #39 - 09/22/10 at 18:18:15

Thank you, very awesome. I will get the main page link updated later today.
And shame on Maxon. Making your scripter community jump through hoops like this is a certain way to scare them away. I feel your pain, been in the same boat with the Lightwave script many times...

IP Logged

spedler
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 09/23/10 at 10:13:51

Blochi wrote on 09/22/10 at 18:18:15:
And shame on Maxon. Making your scripter community jump through hoops like this is a certain way to scare them away. I feel your pain, been in the same boat with the Lightwave script many times...

I don't have a problem with Maxon doing what they did with the transition to R11.5 and then to R12. Most developers have just got on and recoded/recompiled their plugins (occasionally a little grumpily, but hey). Underlying the changes is a huge rewrite of the code base for Cinema, which was required for better things in the future. The downside is the need to compile multiple versions, but hopefully that will ease a little with future Cinema releases.

Where I do have a problem with Maxon is that they won't make the SDK for older versions available any more. I have the SDK for all versions from 8.5 upwards, but only for PC up to R11. From R11 onwards, Maxon supplied both PC and Mac versions for each release. I have the SDK for PC and Mac for R10 by fortuitously finding a demo copy on an old cover disk (not ideal, but it works, and many C4D developers use the demo versions for development, because it includes the full SDK). What I don't have is the SDK for the Mac for R10.5, and Maxon refuse to make it available, so I can't compile cross-platform for that release. Fortunately R10 plugins almost always work on R10.5, so it hasn't been a problem until now, when the latest Vray for C4D supports R10.5 but not R10.

Steve

IP Logged

nycL45
YaBB Newbies

Curious Apprentice

Reply #41 - 09/29/10 at 22:56:36

Any possibility that you can get the 10.5 SDK from someone or, is that not allowed by Maxon?

I am 10.5 and use only VrayForC4D. No upgrade until the economy improves.

Thanks,

Leonard

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #42 - 09/30/10 at 19:55:33

Not sure, Leonard. If you could hunt down the R10.5 SDK from somewhere and hand it to Steve, he would probably make it happen. This is just the kind of annoying thing that is wasting time for a free plugin developer. Takes the fun out of it.

Anyway, I have just posted the new versions on the download page. Sorry for the delay.

IP Logged

nycL45
YaBB Newbies

Curious Apprentice

Reply #43 - 10/01/10 at 00:34:13

Sure, I will check with a couple of people that compile mac plugs. We shall see.

Thanks, Blochi.

IP Logged

spedler
Ex Member

Reply #44 - 10/03/10 at 09:51:01

nycL45 wrote on 09/29/10 at 22:56:36:
Any possibility that you can get the 10.5 SDK from someone or, is that not allowed by Maxon?

I am 10.5 and use only VrayForC4D. No upgrade until the economy improves.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay - been away for a few days. I tried getting a copy of 10.5 for the Mac from Maxon way back. I have it for PC, as I mentioned. The problem is that the SDK isn't separate from C4D itself, so I would basically need a copy of C4D R10.5 for the Mac, which is of course no longer available. I asked Maxon for a demo copy - they must have some lying around still - but the message was that they would not provide it since they don't offer support for that version of the SDK any more.

So unless anyone still has an old demo version for the Mac there doesn't seem to be any solution. I can't believe that Maxon would really have any issues with a third party making an old demo version available, it's not warez or anything like that at all.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print