Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
sIBL Loader for Cinema 4D (Read 34851 times)
spedler
Ex Member

Re: sIBL Loader for Cinema 4D
Reply #15 - 04/19/10 at 13:30:59

Just to keep you updated, the loader is now working with basic functionality. I'm just sorting out the multiple lights issue and one other thing I want to do, then I'll upload a working version. There are still some other issues to resolve that I'll need to ask about in these forums, but those are really my uncertainty about one or two of the parameters and won't prevent a functional version from appearing soon.

IP Logged

bob groothuis
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 04/19/10 at 18:34:25

hey Steve,

You are amazing quick!

Could you drop me an mail to mail AT bobgroothuis DOT com

Greetings

Bob

IP Logged

spedler
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 04/19/10 at 19:10:40

Sure Bob, it's on the way.

Steve

IP Logged

spedler
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 04/23/10 at 15:32:41

Beta version now available

A beta version of the sIBL loader for C4D is now available. This has nearly all the functionality I want to include for the initial release version. There are one or two small options still to implement, but while I do that I thought I would make a working version available. This will let you browse sIBL sets and apply them to a scene.

Please feel free to download it and try it out, bearing in mind that it is not quite complete and needs some further crash-proofing. A manual in pdf format is included in the archive.

When I have added the remaining things I want to include, I'll publicise it more widely in the C4D community at large, but folks here get to see it first  Smiley

At the moment you need a PC and at least release 11 of C4D. Those of you with a Mac or R10 of C4D, I will be producing versions for you in the final release.

Steve

sIBLLoader_001.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #19 - 04/23/10 at 20:20:04

Sweet Smiley and nice doc also ! I need to redo mine from scratch and it's a pain !

KS

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #20 - 04/23/10 at 22:28:30

wow, well done. I admire your clear documentation. Don't have Cinema myself, so sadly I can't check it out....

IP Logged

spedler
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 04/24/10 at 09:23:30

Thanks chaps, especially for the nice comments about the manual. I quite like writing technical documentation, so I hope it shows through. What I'm not quite so good at is project management, because the included docs are an older version and the upload should have had a newer version in it! Undecided

Anyway, the doc will be updated for the release version, so no harm done.

Steve

IP Logged

bob groothuis
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 04/24/10 at 13:03:55

Fantastic Steve great work! Also do not have Cinema4D to check it out. Think sIBL can grow with the availability of the loader for Cinema4D. Many thanks!

Bob

IP Logged

spedler
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 04/25/10 at 14:06:05

Release candidate now available

The attached version of the sIBL loader for C4D is a release candidate. All the functionality I wanted to implement is there and known bugs squashed (unknown bugs, of course, I can't vouch for!).

The manual has been updated and is now complete.

The final work I need to do, barring any last-minute bugs, is to recompile for C4D R10 and port it to the Mac. This will take a day or two, then I'll release it to the C4D community at large. As usual, any comments,  etc., please do let me know.

Steve

sIBLLoader_002.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Pixeltroll

I love HDR :-) C4D, Rhino
and my job

Germany
Reply #24 - 04/29/10 at 16:01:08

very cool, I will test.

WWW Keylooppj  
IP Logged

spedler
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 04/30/10 at 20:47:05

Release version

The release version of the loader for C4D is now available. I've completed the final tweaking and (I hope) debugging, plus compiled versions for release 10/10.5 and release 11/11.5 of C4D. These are different versions because the Cinema SDK differs significantly between  R10 and R11.

I've also cross-compiled it for the Mac, so it's available in both R10 and R11 releases for that platform as well, in the same archive.

Both versions are attached. If it's possible to add it to the ibl software/loader scripts page here at some point, that would be great, since then potential users can get it from here without having to go to my own site. The manual gives details of what I think is its compatibility with the sIBL 2.0 standard, in the same format as the page here.

I fully intend to develop this further, but at this point I'm going to release it to the wider C4D community and see what the reaction is (and how many bugs users find  Undecided ).

Steve

sIBLLoader_R10.zip (Attachment deleted)
sIBLLoader_R11.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #26 - 04/30/10 at 23:58:51

Good job Steve !

KS

IP Logged

Pixeltroll

I love HDR :-) C4D, Rhino
and my job

Germany
Reply #27 - 05/07/10 at 23:49:12

Yes, good Job, many, many Thanks  Smiley
We should do the version in the Smart IBL Download Section.

WWW Keylooppj  
IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #28 - 05/10/10 at 03:33:52

Great job!
Putting it up on the download section.

Update

OK, it's on the official Loader page. I combined the R10 and R11 versions in one archive, just so I can make it a single link. And whileI was at it, I made the table header sticky so the table reads better...

SmileyBig Cheers to Steve Pedler, this must have been the fastest sIBL implementation I have ever seen. Your documentation is outrageously awesome, it puts the rest of us to shame! I hope the Cinema4D community appreciates your efforts as much as we do.
« Last Edit: 05/10/10 at 09:28:29 by Blochi »  
IP Logged

spedler
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 05/10/10 at 15:25:18

Hey,

Thanks for the praise - undeserved really, I took longer to do this than I should have done IMO.

Great to see it on the downloads page. When I update it - I've got some ideas and had some requests for some tweaks and features - I'll send revised versions so that the latest version is here as well as on my site.

So far it seems to have gone down quite well in the C4D community, so I hope it increases awareness of the sIBL method and more traffic here from Cinema users.

Steve

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print