reflection (Read 3354 times)
patro
Ex Member

reflection
02/11/10 at 20:48:52

hi all,
I use 3ds max 2009 and vray 1.5sp2
I have a question:
how can I get the same reflection from the environment on the water surface and the sphere like displayed in the camera1 view port?
I attached two image the second one is rendered in very low quality to test the environment.
the camera1 image is the screen shoot of the view port without obj, the photo_match is the rendered image with the modified pool.
thx
patro

camera1.jpg (Attachment deleted)
photo_match.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

patro
Ex Member

Re: sIBL_Framework
Reply #1 - 02/11/10 at 23:11:49

Kel Solaar wrote on 02/11/10 at 20:31:05:
Mmmhhh hard to understand what's happening, could you send me the sets so I take a look at them ? Maybe you have some corruption or whatever.

As for the 3dsmax Template request I'm not really the maintainer of it, it's something to adress to Dschaga / Jeff Hanna.

I'm currently in the process of refactoring sIBL_GUI deeply ........ version of the 3.0.
KS

this are very good news Smiley
well I downloaded the recompiled.ibl update package... the problem is fixed.

any idea how to compile the *.IBL file with the correct sun and/or position data matching the images if this information are missing?
I try to make an Ibl with Ibl_edit using an free hdr downloaded from internet.
the attached rar contain the ibl and the hdr.
all info in the ibl are missing... how can I get the information to recompile the ibl correctly?
thx
patro

studio008.rar (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #2 - 02/12/10 at 00:42:15

that's what you'd use sIBL-Edit for.
Check out the tutorial movie on authoring sIBL-setsÖ http://www.hdrlabs.com/tutorials/sibl-edit.html

This thread is all over the place again, and honestly I dont really know what your doing with the pool and the ball....  Wink

IP Logged

patro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/12/10 at 01:54:56

hi Blochi,
thx for the tutorial, I was by the way to searching in the forum for something like this. I hope that will help.
I'm not sure to understand what do you mean with: ....<and honestly I don't really know what your doing with the pool and the ball....  Wink>
Patro

IP Logged

patro
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/12/10 at 09:46:35

Blochi wrote on 02/12/10 at 00:42:15:
that's ........... and honestly I dont really know what your doing with the pool and the ball....  Wink

The camera1.jpg it's a snap shoot of the camera view in max without the from me created pool and obj. the image as background is the displayed region of the imported environment of the Barcelona_Rooftops.IBL
I try a manually camera match for inserting the pool and the sphere in the background image, so to test how the obj interact with the imported IBL.
in the image left... the original one there are reflection on the water that I will recreate in the image at the right. but I can't obtain a sufficient result.
thx any way for help
patro

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print