Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Lightwave sIBL Loader v2.2 prerelease (Read 26462 times)
Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Re: Lightwave sIBL Loader v2.2 prerelease
Reply #15 - 04/09/10 at 05:25:38

First off, I'm sorry - didn't get to fix the Mac issue. Partly because I am crazy busy otherwise, partly because that involves getting the different LW Mac versions installed and up and running first. Which is not much fun.

The render issue is new to me. I have the same system, LW 9.6 64bit on XP64. sIBL doesn't leave anything non-standard in your scene, it only does a regular LW setup. You can transfer the scene to any machine that doesn't have sIBL installed, and it works the same. Soooo .... Here's some things that you may try:

- Run sIBL without the Ground plane. That one uses Node shading to be have Shadows/Diffuse shading regulate transparency of the ground plane. Maybe that throws up problems with your car shader.
- Try the first Radiosity preset or  disable that option all together and set up radiosity settings yourself.

Blochi

IP Logged

Lewis

User #777

Croatia
Reply #16 - 04/09/10 at 07:25:00

Thanks for answer Blochi, I'm still trying to Debug and it seems that one of Car pain shaders (I have 2 colors car and oen is black while other is metallic blue) making problems (it has reflection nodes and Fg/Bg stuff but Blue one is tinted and 75% blurry and LW just stalls there for some reason Sad. Thing is that without sIBL it works fine (in default Dark scene) so it seems that something is stalling it when all the reflection checkmarks and stuff is ON. I'll examine more and let you know how i fixed it.

thanks.

--&&Lewis&&www.lewis.tomsoft.hr&&Skype - lewis3d&&ICQ - 7128177
WWW 7128177  
IP Logged

Lewis

User #777

Croatia
Reply #17 - 04/10/10 at 14:20:27

Problem Solved - it was some wacky Node setup for car shader what was stalling renderer so it's so called "user/software error" Wink..

Now it's rendered Smiley.
http://www.hdrlabs.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1270905268

WWW 7128177  
IP Logged

rsfd
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 04/10/10 at 15:16:32

Blochi wrote on 04/09/10 at 05:25:38:
First off, I'm sorry Which is not much fun.

Thank you Blochi for replying.
As I have 2.2_001 now running with 9.6UB I'm satisfied on the Mac side.
In the meantime I went another road anyway, as I've installed Win7 on my MacPro for most 3D related stuff as restrictions on the Mac side just weren't tolerable anymore.
Isn't much fun either  ...

thanks again for all your work
cheers, roger

IP Logged

Lewis

User #777

Croatia
Reply #19 - 04/23/10 at 23:00:35

I've solved this problem (it was some crazy node setup what made it to crawl while rendering Smiley).

WWW 7128177  
IP Logged

Clemens

I love HDR

Reply #20 - 02/28/11 at 22:18:27

Hi there together,
thought it might be a good idea to give the sIBL loader script for lightwave a quick look because i heard so much positive about it.
Unfortunatly it crashes directly while scanning my folder for sIBL sets... if the folder is empty the sIBL loader tells me so - it only crashes when sets are in the folder.
Could it be that the sIBL Loader script has problems with Lightwave 10 (2067 build) on OSX 64?
Kind regards
Clemens

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #21 - 03/03/11 at 04:47:42

Clemens wrote on 02/28/11 at 22:18:27:
Could it be that the sIBL Loader script has problems with Lightwave 10 (2067 build) on OSX 64?

Yes, it does. I'm aware of it, have already looked into it, but couldn't figure out what's wrong. Utterly frustrating. When I do the next update (which may not happen too soon), I will look into it again and fix it on the way.

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #22 - 03/09/11 at 18:58:50

OK, I tracked it down. It's a bug in Lightwave, that I unfortunately can't do anything about. The matchdirs() command is broken on the Mac, that's what makes it crash. There's no workaround, I really need this command to have the script figure out the pathnames of all subfolders in a sIBL-collection.

filing a bug report with Newtek now.

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #23 - 04/18/11 at 09:15:39

Just an FYI - The fix in 10.1 is confirmed. At the same time I have extended the sIBL Loader script to store the path to the sIBL library in a plain text config file. It became unbearable to have that important setting hidden in some system bowels... I'll keep on fixing more bugs, PC and Mac version, and with the next LW there will be a new sIBL loader release for LW. Mac users, until then please remain calm and use an alternative route.

IP Logged

rsfd
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 04/18/11 at 23:09:06

But I hope it's allowed to send you a huge "Thank you very much for all your time and hard work!"
Reading the 10.1 bug fix list at NT was a pleasant surprise, reading your last post was just great! Cheesy
Thanks again, cheers!

IP Logged

Clemens

I love HDR

Reply #25 - 04/30/11 at 22:43:37

Just read in the NewTek Forums about the 10.1 Fix for sIBL - Thank you very much for your work and dedication.
sIBL is such a great concept and also lightwave plugin.
Cheers

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #26 - 04/30/11 at 22:51:19

Well, it's really been Newtek who fixed LScript to make the plugin work again... In the meantime I was working on a few new features, but they are not quite finished yet.

IP Logged

Clemens

I love HDR

Reply #27 - 04/30/11 at 22:55:41

I think all in all you did enough to justify this "thank you" Wink - really looking forward to 10.1

IP Logged

CiscoGirl
YaBB Newbies

Why aren't there more
women in this field?

Reply #28 - 05/03/11 at 13:22:34

Excellent! I had the same problem with Layout (9.6) crashing on my Mac when trying to load the plugin, but upgraded the script and now it loads with no problem.

You should link this one to the "Software Download" page as I believe that's the old one.

This is awesome, Blochi! You've made lighting simple!

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #29 - 05/03/11 at 15:56:14

Well, even the one in this thread is not without bugs. In fact, it surprises me that it works in LW10/mac. Brand new version is in the works, this time I double-check it on the Mac constantly, and it will be really good.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print