Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New sIBL version for LW 9.6.1/HC (Mac) in progress (Read 6036 times)
rsfd
Ex Member

New sIBL version for LW 9.6.1/HC (Mac) in progress
12/05/09 at 19:20:07

Hello to all,

my first post here and just an inquiry to Blochi and co-workers about sIBL LW development:
In the actual OB-build of LW and LW LayoutHC, version 2.0 crashes Layout, when directing the script to the IBL-Archive folder on OSX (can't say, if also on Win).
Just wanted to ask if you're aware of this problem and if we can hope for an updated version in time.

And I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Blochi (and all who helped) for making this great timeaving workflow enhancer!

cheers,
roger

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Re: New sIBL version for LW 9.6.1/HC (Mac) in progress
Reply #1 - 12/05/09 at 19:37:19

Ah, man, that's lame.

No, I wasn't aware of this and thank you for the notice. To my shame I must admit that I haven't tried the latest LW betas or HC - I'm still on 9.6.

Can you confirm two things for me, please:
- Are all image loader plugins properly installed? Try loading a JPEG and a TGA in IMage Editor.
- Is your sIBL-Collection valid? Try pointing it to a fresh download of the Starter's Collection: http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/downloads/sIBL-Collection.zip

Blochi

IP Logged

rsfd
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/06/09 at 15:02:09

Thanks for your quick reply, Blochi!

Blochi wrote on 12/05/09 at 19:37:19:
Ah, man, that's lame.

äähh, yes, I know and I'm sorry for being the ... who points you to this!

For your questions:
I'm using a completely separated OB-install to avoid any mixings of preferences.
Jpegs, tga, exr are all loading fine in ImageEditor.
Had already tried with a new sIBL archieve folder and now also tried with a freshly downloaded Collection folder, unfortunately without success.
Had started a thread in the NewTek OB-forum to ask for confirmation, that's how I got the message, that this happens in LW-HC (Mac) too (I'm no HC-member myself)

Blochi wrote on 12/05/09 at 19:37:19:
...I haven't tried the latest LW betas or HC - I'm still on 9.6.

I'm also using 9.6, I'm just testing the OB in spare time and have to confess, that it has much more issues then the 9.5OB circle at the start, so maybe the sIBL issue  resolves in a later build, but the switch to cocoa seems to have changed a lot "under the hood" and it might be that you will be asked to fix it.
As of now, setup in 9.6 and opening the scene in 9.6.1 seems to work, so this isn't an "emergency call", but it would be very nice to have the most important scripts and plug-ins working once when 9.6.1 is fully working.
(build 1547 should be posted by midweek, I'll post the results here)
Thanks again,
roger

IP Logged

John Marchant

I love HDR

Reply #3 - 12/11/09 at 15:33:47

Hi,

Im glad that this is being looked into. Sometimes, but not all the time i try to run sIBL in LW 9.6.1 and HC i get the following error

"Line 195, Invalied control identifier provided to ctlrefresh()"

Also when i run sIBL script i get quite a few loading errors for jpg files within the sIBL directory.

I absolutely love this plugin and cant wait to get an updated on so i can carry on using it.

Regards John

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #4 - 12/11/09 at 16:21:39

Well, if the error comes up this early, it hints at a substantial bug on Newtek's side. Has happened in the past, when they break the LScript system itself there is very little I can do to fix it.

Currently, I'm getting ready to go to Siggraph Asia, but I will look into HC after the XMas break.

IP Logged

John Marchant

I love HDR

Reply #5 - 12/11/09 at 23:23:22

Thanks mate, yes it probably is but i think it also happened in LW 9.6. It does not always happen  it seems to be on larger scenes.

Enjoy Siggy

Regards John

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #6 - 12/11/09 at 23:53:52

Now, THAT is a problem I'm getting some of my other plugins as well... especially in the 64-bit versions.
I tried fixing it several times and failed. Basically, if LW already consumes a lot of memory (about 2GB), LScript will not get the memory it need to function properly. Then things get funky, internal variables disappear even though they are declared, and I believe not even the whole script is getting loaded. Very annoying. Granted, this is an exceptionally large LScript, almost 4000 lines, so it is very vulnerable to this bug.
In that case, you should be able to just start a second LW, run it on an empty scene, and then do a LoadFromScene.

IP Logged

John Marchant

I love HDR

Reply #7 - 12/12/09 at 21:15:07

Thanks mate, yes thats what i do now. Empty scene load sIBL, save then old scene, load sIBL from scene. Thought it seemed to be a memory issue.LW doesnt crash or anything, just looks like its finished but nothing in the scenes.

Thanks for your time.

Regards John

IP Logged

rsfd
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/22/09 at 22:00:47

Just a small update:
got just one response over at NewTek forum, saying that sIBL v.2 is working without problems in LW HC2005 / WinXP-32-SP3.
Probably a Mac-only-issue. (no new OB build out atm)

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #9 - 12/22/09 at 22:19:33

yeah, I just had a peek at the veeery latest beta bugfix list, and it mentions a fix in the way filepaths are handled on Mac. Apparently that's what messed up my routines that crawl through the sIBL collection folder and build the list.

So it will all be good.

IP Logged

rsfd
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 12/23/09 at 01:20:45

that would be veeeery nice indeed!
(now NT only needs to push out the build)

Thank you for your time (and hint)

Merry christmas to you all, (and a happy '10)

IP Logged

rsfd
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 02/20/10 at 14:00:21

Well, hi again,

2 MacUB-OB builds later (#1548) and with sIBL2.2 still getting crashes on Layout while choosing the archive folder.
When canceling the first search for the archive folder I can now bring up the sIBL window (with error code: "/C has...") and when I then choose the archive folder manually I'm getting the "line 2061..." error.
Had send in a bug report to NewTek during last OB build and will renew this, but hopefully this can be of help for identifying the problem.

sIBL_MacError01.jpg (Attachment deleted)
sIBL_MacError02.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print