Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 
Send Topic Print
Promote Control Bracketing Controller (Read 171528 times)
spittle
Ex Member

Re: Promote Control Bracketing Controller
Reply #480 - 11/13/11 at 03:29:02

just remember to adjust the automatic exposure mode setting - and I'd be keen to hear your results for the focus stacking. I tried with my old 400D this morning without success.

IP Logged

MFranquelo

Curious Apprentice

Reply #481 - 11/14/11 at 15:50:03

Hello!, iīve just ordered a Promote Control! Smiley , cant wait to try it... i donīt know if this question has been answered before but, when can we spect to have focus stacking for nikon cameras ? for D7000 for example ? any aproximated date ?

Thank you!
Regards, Manuel.

IP Logged

hdrEmotion
Ex Member

Reply #482 - 11/16/11 at 04:05:04

I've just ordered a Promote Control, too.

But I still need a shutter release cord for my D7000. The original cable seems to be just a standard phone jack cord with the dedicated shutter plug on the other end.

So I wondered if THIS can be used as well? It's much cheaper and maybe it makes the job. What do you think?

Just for your info: This cord is sold by Promote for the use with D90, D7000 and so on.

IP Logged

Arty
Ex Member

Reply #483 - 11/16/11 at 21:06:45

Guys, focus stacking will only work on Canon cameras that have Live View. 400D doesn't have LV, so it won't work. We tested it with 5DM2 and 7D, and it worked fine (firmware 2.26b). If someone tries it with a Rebel that has Live View, I'd love to know about that.

Arty

IP Logged

MFranquelo

Curious Apprentice

Reply #484 - 11/20/11 at 18:49:31

Just one more question, im building my own shutter release cable, i would need to know the following : ... on the jack connector that plugs on the promote control, where should i put the ground, the pre-release and the release signal ?

Thank you
Regards, Manuel.

IP Logged

slightlypearshaped
Ex Member

Reply #485 - 11/23/11 at 07:35:26

Quote:
just remember to adjust the automatic exposure mode setting - and I'd be keen to hear your results for the focus stacking. I tried with my old 400D this morning without success.

Ok mine arrived a lot sooner than expected.  Turned up on my doorstep on Monday morning, only just now had the chance to play with it.

I can confirm that the shutter release cable does work for the 550D.  It didn't work on 2.0 firmware but did after an update to 2.20.  While I didn't time it (I'm really quite exhausted at the moment) it 'seemed' to be quicker and obviously when it reached the +30s exposures it all operated automatically as you would hope.

I will hopefully find time to play with focus stacking tomorrow, if not then definitely the next day.  Murphey's law, I get a new toy to play with and a million things that have to be done this week appear on my to do list.

All in all I am very happy with the promote control.  Once you do a few sets you get a work flow going and it becomes more natural.  Looking forward to field testing it instead of taking hundreds of exposures of my office -_-

Edit: So for those curious, it took 7 days to reach me in New Zealand from the time of "item has been shipped" email update.

IP Logged

alex113
Ex Member

Reply #486 - 11/30/11 at 15:18:23

I was trying to find if this connector would work in a pcx device 1-1705951-1

IP Logged

alex113
Ex Member

Reply #487 - 11/30/11 at 15:19:48

I found 1-1705951-1 has a through hole right angle. It might not fit the same connector

IP Logged

TJH
Ex Member

Reply #488 - 03/29/12 at 01:29:48

Does anyone know if the Promote Control will work with the 5D mkIII?  Has it been tested yet?  Thanks.

IP Logged

geopal
Ex Member

Reply #489 - 04/01/12 at 08:21:55

I think there was some info on that on Promote Systems facebook page

IP Logged

vedd
Ex Member

Reply #490 - 06/26/12 at 12:15:24

Just wondering, is it possible to instruct Promote controller to start the bracketing sequence with the brightest exposure (slowest shutter speed) first? I've tried using the "Shadow" and "Highlight" start point but it seems both of them are starting from the darkest exposure..

If it's not and if the developer is reading this, is it possible to add that feature? This is especially useful when shooting during dusk or popularly known as the evening 'blue hour' when the light changes very fast from bright to dark.. I'm from Malaysia, which is in the tropics, and the evening blue hour is relatively short - lasting for about 20-40 minutes. In these situations, it would make sense (at least for me) to start the sequence with the brightest exposure. If it begins with the darkest exposure, then the whole sequence will be end up having a more or less flat exposure sequence.

Regards,
vedd

IP Logged

wbmcl
Ex Member

Reply #491 - 08/22/12 at 16:43:23

Quote:
Does anyone know if the Promote Control will work with the 5D mkIII?  Has it been tested yet?  Thanks.

I have both and they work well together. Much faster than with my XTi as well.

Bill M.

IP Logged

tived
Ex Member

Reply #492 - 12/15/12 at 13:44:32

any chance we will see the promote with cameras like Olympus O-MD?

that would be really great

thanks

Henrik

IP Logged

Rice
YaBB Newbies

Curious Apprentice

Reply #493 - 02/06/13 at 07:56:24

Do you all still recommend the promote for the 5D MK3 since you can now AEB 7 images up to 3EV steps? Just wondering if it is still worth purchasing and what benefits I would gain.

I just received my 5D so someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

Thanks,
Rice

IP Logged

echoaux
Ex Member

Reply #494 - 05/31/13 at 22:43:53

not a pro just like to play! Yes the Promote Controller is the best and fastest snapper with the largest range of f stops +/- 1 thru 21 (unlimited really)on one side of zero .3, .7 and 1 (no .5)increments. Have shot 19 (thats 9 shots either side of zero @ 22f on camera lens with kit 8-55mm lens @8mm)at .3 fstop (-3 to 0 to +3)[took like 5 minutes] on semi busy street with T2i of sunset for low noise and depth of field joined with Photomatix pro and Nik HDR Pro 2 both outstanding results with no traffic (foot or cars red traces) in HDR result also did 13 @.3 f22 with kit 8-55mm lens shots +/-6 of smokey mountains getting rid of the blue haze. And all you can do well I have only done HDR mid and have not yet used HDR panoramic but will as soon as I get motor for tripod. Want to do Panaromic at golden hour of moonrise/sunset and sunrise/moonset day before full moon with mirror locked up all three times a year showing azimuth of both at different times. Tell me a camera that will do that, you can not even do it tethered to a computer (well the Promote Control is a computer). My only problem right now is updating in windows 8 does not recognize driver Embarrassed can in windows xp/vista. Has anyone else had this problem.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 
Send Topic Print