Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 34
Send Topic Print
Promote Control Bracketing Controller (Read 165595 times)
Photosignals
Ex Member

Re: Promote Control Bracketing Controller
Reply #210 - 12/03/09 at 22:11:26

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Arty,

Do you think you are getting close to a release version? The tantalising glimpses of new features are making your customers most expectant Smiley

Mike.

Hi Mike! I guess I need to ask our beta testers about how close are we Smiley So far I haven't heard any complaints, so I believe we might go ahead and release it. One thing I'm hesitant about is that we don't have Mac updater yet, but I don't see a need to delay delivering all those goodies because of that. Let's give it a week more and we will probably release.

Hi Arty,

It's been a few weeks Smiley Any sign of the lovely new present for my Promote unit?  Definitely can use some of the upcoming features.

Cheers,
Mike.

IP Logged

jpmassey
Ex Member

Reply #211 - 01/07/10 at 22:23:41

I learned about the promote control from this thread after being shocked that my 5DmII only did 3 bracketed exposures. I'm considering buying it, but when is the new firmware coming out?  Smiley

IP Logged

davetee
Ex Member

Reply #212 - 01/11/10 at 17:56:56

Arty I have a question please.

I intend using the controller to do bracketed shots in vertical format which I will then stitch together for one hi-res shot.† I normally use my camera on aperture priority and let the camera set the shutter speed. Would I be right in assuming the Promote overides this and sets the shutter speeds around the mid-exposure I dial in. If so, why has control been taken away from the camera? In a scene which is very bright on one side, e.g. landscape with low sidlighting, this would mean I have to keep stopping in order to work out a mid-exposure shot for each vertical shot (sometimes the light is only avalable for 10-20 seconds due to the amount of cloud we get).† Can control not be left with the camera instead. Or is there a better way of achieving what I want using the Promote? Camera is Nikon D700

Thanks

IP Logged

jujubee
Ex Member

Reply #213 - 01/11/10 at 22:07:42

I'm beginning to think the Promote needs its own forum section. Smiley

IP Logged

Icecream
YaBB Newbies

I love HDR

Reply #214 - 01/16/10 at 08:45:14

Hello, I have now bought a promoter control for my Nikon d40x. Unfortunately, I get the HDR mode is not adopted. What settings do I need to make it work? Set to manual mode M is clear, but what else? I always get an error message: Could not beset Expsure time to. Enable "Auto Exposure Mode (has the D40x, anyway?) Or set camera to Manual exposure.
Can someone help me? Sorry my English

Regards

IP Logged

Photosignals
Ex Member

Reply #215 - 01/17/10 at 09:19:37

Quote:
I'm beginning to think the Promote needs its own forum section. Smiley

Looks like Arty has moved on - no replies from PMs or forum posts.† A shame .. perhaps they are just busy.

IP Logged

Sam Rohn
Ex Member

Reply #216 - 01/21/10 at 00:55:03

he's been quiet since like november it seems - anyone heard anything about firmware updates, etc ?

IP Logged

drkollossus
Ex Member

Reply #217 - 01/21/10 at 01:14:03

These last two messages worry me. I just got my Promote, yesterday, and It doesn't seem to want to work with either my canon 7D or my 40D. It will drive the focus but not fire a shot. I've tried it with all combinations of cables.† If anyone has used it with either of these two cameras I sure would love to hear from you, Because I opened a customer service ticket on their site and haven't heard a thing... yet.†

IP Logged

geopal
Ex Member

Reply #218 - 01/22/10 at 14:15:05

My promote control will be here next Monday, hope it works with my D60, but I am getting a bit worried after Icecream's message  Huh

IP Logged

drkollossus
Ex Member

Reply #219 - 01/22/10 at 21:43:07

At this point I have tried everything, I can not to get any sort of a response from the company what so ever. I received mine on Tuesday, it doesn't work. Okay it worked once, after much fidgeting with it. but I have not been able to repeat it. I was hoping that it was just a bad cable, or at worst they could service or replace it. But I have been unable to get any response from them at all. If you find, and call the phone number on their website it answers with a voice mail message from Moran Research and Consulting, no mention of Promote. I really want this to work. but if there is no tech support I just can't recommend this product. I hope yours works. and I hope I hear from some one in the next few hours.† I have left 3 support ticket ranging from low to urgent to critical priority. I would expect some sort of acknowledgment besides an automated response email. I hope Arty is Ok and I hope this gets worked out, but right now I'm kinda angry about it, if you couldn't tell.

Cheers
Brad Hayes.

IP Logged

drkollossus
Ex Member

Reply #220 - 01/22/10 at 23:14:48

OK, just a quick update: I just got a few emails from arty. he is helping me diagnose the problems, has offered to get a new one to me asap. Feeling much better now. Fingers crossed.

IP Logged

Arty
Ex Member

We're not going anywhere!
Reply #221 - 01/23/10 at 01:48:19

Hi everybody,

Sorry guys, I guess it does look weird... but I was really busy - and for some reason, I was not notified of of the messages on this topic. Lots of things are going on - polishing that 1.15 updater, trying to get 64 bit drivers, questions, reviews... and New Year holidays to finish it off. But we're not going anywhere! Upcoming stuff:

1. Tripod cases are literally around the corner.

2. HDR Timelapse is on top of our list now. Maybe even before 5D2 >30 second hack - depending on how either goes.

Issues: Icecream, could you get in touch with us over support helpdesk please? It's easier to keep track of issues that way Smiley Here's the link:

https://support.promotesystems.com/

P.S. I will try to see what's wrong with my message notifications.

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #222 - 01/23/10 at 06:12:29

Part of it might be my fault, I updated the forum software recently and lots of people seem to have their settings lost (or messed up). Was not intended, I just tried to make it better (attachements, pano viewer, and such), and I'm already happy no message got lost in the process....

The most reliable way to keep track of this forum is by subscribing the RSS feed.
http://www.hdrlabs.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?action=RSSrecent;catselect=general_...

IP Logged

jpmassey
Ex Member

Reply #223 - 01/24/10 at 06:44:38

I went ahead a bought a promote control. Seems to work well, but it seems there is a long delay (1s) between shots in the HDR mode. I'm using the shutter cable, and have enabled it in the settings. Camera is 5d mark ii. How do I make the shots go faster?

IP Logged

wookiee2cu
Ex Member

Reply #224 - 01/25/10 at 22:23:35

Hello drkollossus, I have a Canon 40D and the remote works fine for me.  However you have to make sure that a few settings are correct in order for it to work properly.  If you purchased the additional shutter cable, make sure to enable that in the settings (by default it is set to no).  I also have Automatic Exposure Mode Control turned on.  Settings on the camera.  Make sure it is in manual mode, set the AF on the lens to manual and make sure that the camera is set to single shot and not high speed or any other setting.  I have enabled the live preview in the camera settings; that way I can adjust the focus and see it clearly before firing off the photos (also you can hit the magnify button on the back side to zoom in on the live preview to ensure focus).  I almost always have my brackets set up for 5 shots at 1 stop intervals.  I hope this is helpful, if you got a bad unit Iím sure Arty will take care of you.  I have to admit, I really like this remote!  It saves me so much time and is very handy to have when Iím shooting a pano.  Saturday night I shot a HDR pano, it was about 17 columns and 2 rows.  I fired 5 shots for each position at 1 stop intervals.  The longest exposure was 2 minutes (I was at ISO 100 and I believe f/6.3), took me almost 2 hours to shoot the whole thing.  Canít even imagine how long it would have taken me to do that manually.  Good luck, when you get it up and running youíll be very happy.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 34
Send Topic Print