Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DS SOFTWARE RELEASE: Changes to bracketer available (Read 2489 times)
steve
Ex Member

DS SOFTWARE RELEASE: Changes to bracketer available
03/15/09 at 19:54:05

I've broken down and signed up for Twitter. You can link to us by connecting to "Panocamera" so if you have an immediate need or comment give us a "tweet". I'm not sure yet if Twitter is a great idea or another time-sink.

A new version of the Bracketer is ready for ready to move to your DS memory card. This includes a serviceable panorama calculator on page 2 (hit START) The reverse sequence function really helps with slower camera at sunset. The screen saver will extend battery life if you are doing a time lapse or long sequence, it shuts off the backlights while shooting.

If you are new to the group... you can download these files directly to your micro SD card by removing it from the DS cartridge and placing it in a camera card reader. See the instructions forum for some new info on this. Once you have placed the files on your card, you can remove any old or unwanted PanoCamera programs by deleting or renaming the extension of the other ".nds" files. Don't erase any files not labeled ".nds" please.
« Last Edit: 03/02/10 at 18:56:01 by N/A »  

IP Logged

mpdillon
Ex Member

Re: DS SOFTWARE RELEASE: Changes to bracketer available
Reply #1 - 03/16/09 at 01:35:20

What is the difference between the .nds with the ML in the name and the other .nds? I downloaded the one without.
thanks,
pat

IP Logged

steve
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/16/09 at 06:45:04

The ML version has the mirror lock timer enabled by default. It's a minor thing, but if you normally shoot with ML on and you forget the time it just gets a little frustrating. In all honesty you should absolutely be shooting brackets with mirror lockup enabled to maximize image quality, but of course it is up to you. (I should "absolutely" be shooting with a sturdy tripod, but I use a less stable one because I prefer having a lighter backpack, so to each his own I guess.)

IP Logged

blake
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/20/09 at 20:20:32

Nice update!  Strange red bling mod -  Tongue

I don't know enough about mirror lockup to know what's going on in the camera... but I do know that I have it locked up for a while while I clean my sensor, so I know it's possible to lock it up for a period of time (but it supposedly drains the battery rapidly). 

Any chance that we're going to be able to lock the mirror up - take multiple exposures (i.e. a series of 9 brackets) - then have the mirror come down?

IP Logged

steve
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/21/09 at 03:50:10

So far I can't find a do-no-harm way, but I'm learning new stuff every day, and would love to see this happen. I have considered a neodymium magnet to hold the mirror up by force, but I can't think of a way to easily release it, and I think an electronic alternative would be a major hack. (One could add a delay control circuit to the mirror mechanism voltage line to kludge the time it is held.) I've even thought about drilling a hole in the body to pin the mirror in place once it is pulled up, but I'm not gutsy enough to go that far (yet.) I suppose live-view focusing makes a manual-latch a little more viable for the new models. It's on my to-do list of things to hack on the old 5D victim body to see if any irreparable damage is done.

The mirror move is handled by the firmware and It'd be up to Canon to make it easy for us to lock it for an extended period.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print