Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wow to properly start up and connect? + Autofocus issue (Read 1258 times)
Kirt

Wow to properly start up and connect? + Autofocus issue
11/25/08 at 12:45:13

As I mentioned in my other post, I was working on a real production yesterday and noticed a few things.

There were a few times when my DS thought it was shooting, but my camera was not.  I'd hit the buttons and wait and wait...then it'd say it was finished and it hadn't take a single photo.  Sad

1) What is the proper procedure for connecting the DS to the camera?   Camer is on first? Then turn on DS, then plug in cable?  Or plug in cable, then turn on the DS once it is already connected?

(I was using the mirror lockup function on my camera, when I was having these problems.)

2) I found another "issue" when my DS was connected...   I was shooting via a locked down tripod for each shot obviously, but I'd take a series, then rotate the camera to focus on another area... I always lock the focus when I am shooting a series for HDRS...  so when I turn the camera to a new position, I normally hold my cameras shutter release button halfway down so it will focus... then I can click the switch on the side of my lens to turn off the autofocus.   

What I found out was that if the DS is connected, I cannot push my shutter button halfway down, it will take a picture!   This became quite annoying as I would have completely connect and reconnect my DS for each shot.

Any chance this can be corrected?

(Sorry for the complaints, I had a rough day yesterday.)  Smiley

Kirt

IP Logged

steve
Ex Member

Re: Wow to properly start up and connect? + Autofocus issue
Reply #1 - 11/27/08 at 05:48:27

I never saw a situation where no shot was taken, I think it's one of those things where I'd have to be able to repeatedly reproduce the issue to figure out what happened. I wonder if the connector is not in far enough on the camera end? Sorry if that sounds too obvious. There is no correct order for connecting, you can plug in and turn on in any sequence.

I've tested all of the controllers I have, and I am able to half-press and focus while the controller is connected. I'm sending you a replacement controller. If anyone else sees this effect, please email.
« Last Edit: 11/29/08 at 16:48:38 by Kirt »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print