Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21
Send Topic Print
sIBL_GUI For XSI (Read 68318 times)
Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Re: sIBL_GUI For XSI
Reply #45 - 10/21/08 at 08:27:49

Hello o/

Can you send me the bad sIBL folder if it's possible, I'll try inverstigate why it causing problems. You can maybe use the log window to check wich file is causing the crash.

Thomas

IP Logged

superemu
Ex Member

Reply #46 - 10/23/08 at 17:51:50

Kel Solaar wrote on 10/21/08 at 08:27:49:
Hello o/

Can you send me the bad sIBL folder if it's possible, I'll try inverstigate why it causing problems. You can maybe use the log window to check wich file is causing the crash.

Thomas

don't think it's problem with your program.. it's these:
http://www.hdrlabs.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1070207143
and seems others are having problems too.

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #47 - 10/23/08 at 20:04:55

Hi o/

I didnt had time to check but I think thoses sIBL Sets are old and not compliant with last sIBL Format specifications. No matter sIBL_GUI should not crash but just ignore them, it's on my todo list. It should be corrected in the next release !

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #48 - 10/26/08 at 12:21:03

Released 0.97 version of the Addon :
sIBL_GUI should now deal better with corrupted sIBL Sets ( Thanx to superemu for reporting the bug ).
The XSI Addon should work under Linux (at least in part), if I can have some feedback it would be great !

Thomas

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #49 - 11/09/08 at 22:02:06

A new template is available with the last release of sIBL_GUI :

It's now possible to update your scene instead of deleting the previous sIBL setup.
There are 2 new options that can be combined for multiple effects and behavior (Update Scene and Override User Tweaks). It's kinda hard to explain precisely what they do without entering in deep details but basically now it should be possible to mix different sIBL set using the Update Scene option : Using the Reflection of an sIBL and the Sun of another, etc.
The code is not fully complete ( especialy Sun related code ), it took me some time to test it and refactor the template but it should work !

Thomas

IP Logged

Qwesto

Curious Apprentice

Reply #50 - 11/16/08 at 14:41:08

Hello Smiley Thomas already told me, that he did the sIBL_GUI only for XSI7. Does anybody see a possibility to port it to versions 6.02 and 6.5, using the old color management? First the Autoborgs and now this...

Cheers,

Joe

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #51 - 11/17/08 at 13:43:45

Hi o/

That would be easily possible, it's the template to change and adapt for XSI 6.5. I may take a look at it if I have some time. ( It's a pain, I need to install XSI 6.5, Etc )

IP Logged

Qwesto

Curious Apprentice

Reply #52 - 11/17/08 at 14:16:57

Ahhh that's nice Smiley I hope it can be used then within 6.02, too? There are many people out there still using the FND. Is you source code free? So I could search in other forums for somebody to compile it. I am very sorry bothering you with this, but I am no coder Sad so impossible for me to re-write or modify the script Cry

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #53 - 11/17/08 at 14:40:07

I don't have foundation or 6.5 installed, I have a 6.5 somewhere I can deal with, but foundation no idea :|

For the code source stuff there is 2 things in fact Smiley :
- sIBL_GUI : It's the multi-os / 3d packages sIBL Loader program.
- Templates : they are what sIBL_GUI chew up and are loaded in the target 3d application.

The code source of sIBL_GUI is available as the software is open source but it's not with him that the XSI 6.0 and 6.5 must be dealt, because he is blind and software independant, it's the template used for XSI 7.0 that need to be modified and adapted for XSI 6.5 / 6.02.

There is a browsable archive here with all the XSI Templates versions:

http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/?dir=./sIBL_Framework/XSI/Templates/Mental%20Ray

If you have some friends that can update one of the versions for XSI 6.5/6.02 don't hesitate to ask him (It would be a real time gain for me) and I will include it in the archive, etc Smiley

IP Logged

Qwesto

Curious Apprentice

Reply #54 - 11/17/08 at 15:22:44

Thank you very much!!!!!
I'll try to find somebody, who is interested in compiling it. Very kind of you to hand out the infos Smiley I hope it is somehow possible and more users can use your nice stuff... Cheesy

Cheers,

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #55 - 11/17/08 at 16:25:35

Qwesto wrote on 11/17/08 at 15:22:44:
Thank you very much!!!!!
I'll try to find somebody, who is interested in compiling it.

You doesn't need to compile anything Smiley It's the current XSI template that need to be tweaked to work under XSI 6.02/6.5 in fact.

IP Logged

Qwesto

Curious Apprentice

Reply #56 - 11/17/08 at 16:34:44

Hahaha, thanks! There you can see, that I don't have the BG to handle that Cheesy

I will quickly edit all "wrong" posts I made Wink
Maybe I will be a XSI 7 User til end of the year, but it would be nice to have the whole XSI scene "enlighted"

Thanks a lot!  

P.S.: Buhuhuhhhh I still can't test it  Cry

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #57 - 11/30/08 at 11:33:42

Hello o/

I just recompiled the XSI Server for XSI 7.01, you can find it here :

http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/?dir=./sIBL_Framework/XSI/sIBL_GUI_XSI_Server/Stabl...

I'll update the XSI Template and release sIBL_GUI 1.0 really soon ( not that there are too much changes in it, but it will be a milestone :] )

Thomas
« Last Edit: 05/26/09 at 15:18:44 by Kel Solaar »  

IP Logged

crodude
Ex Member

Reply #58 - 12/09/08 at 22:20:07

Hey all,
I've just tried server plugin for 7.01 and it doesn't work ... it complains about app version mismatch.

My XSI is 7.01.684.0

Any suggestions or advice?
Many thanks in advance

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #59 - 12/10/08 at 10:04:07

Mmmh, I'm at work and can't check the version of XSI 7.01 I'm using currently at home but It has worked for me and for the guy on XSI Base that asked me the recompile. I'll check that tonight or this weekend.
I need to find why I need to recompile it for every version Softimage release, it's really annoying :|

Oh and I will release the code too so that users are not stuck at least and can compile it themself.
Just need  Visual Studio C# Express Edition to get it work :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/fr-fr/express/aa975050.aspx

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21
Send Topic Print