Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21
Send Topic Print
sIBL_GUI For XSI (Read 76740 times)
keksonja
Ex Member

Re: sIBL_GUI For XSI
Reply #30 - 10/13/08 at 20:54:32

Ohhh I see so the whole scene is being replaced thats why the rotation gets messed up .... That would be cool if you could make the script to just update the scene and not full clean/deletion each time!

Yes I will try to control the multiplier in the file directly in sIbleEdit.

Thanks !

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #31 - 10/13/08 at 21:15:32

Quote:
Ohhh I see so the whole scene is being replaced thats why the rotation gets messed up .... That would be cool if you could make the script to just update the scene and not full clean/deletion each time!

Hehe yeah :] I will give it a try, its not really easy because there are some different things to check, but scene update is definitely a must have =)

IP Logged

keksonja
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 10/13/08 at 22:01:31

Well its not a must have feature this is really fast too but it would be cool feature Smiley

Thanks!

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #33 - 10/13/08 at 22:07:35

Quote:
Well its not a must have feature this is really fast too but it would be cool feature Smiley

Thanks!

I'll try to get it done this weekend if I have enough time ^^

IP Logged

keksonja
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 10/13/08 at 22:11:09

here is something for you that I have done with your great add-on Smiley

http://www.astronlabs.com/rendering/5d.html
http://www.astronlabs.com/rendering/5.jpg

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #35 - 10/13/08 at 22:17:19

Hey :] Glad to see some stuff outputed with its help ! =)

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #36 - 10/13/08 at 23:13:10

Are you sure that's the HiRes image in the background?

IP Logged

Pinin

Curious Apprentice

Reply #37 - 10/14/08 at 18:02:52

Hello all. First thanks for Kel Solaar and all team that made this possible.

Some questions, doubts. XSI cames with a default light is that supposed to stay there or should we change it? In my viewport when i put it in texture mode i only get random colors  in every face of sphere not the supposed backgound image. Maybe some XSI option?

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #38 - 10/14/08 at 20:03:35

Blochi wrote on 10/13/08 at 23:13:10:
Are you sure that's the HiRes image in the background?

I would be tempted that the big jpg file uses it. Looks like there is a lot of pixels in it ! :]

Pinin wrote on 10/14/08 at 18:02:52:
Hello all. First thanks for Kel Solaar and all team that made this possible.

Some questions, doubts. XSI cames with a default light is that supposed to stay there or should we change it? In my viewport when i put it in texture mode i only get random colors  in every face of sphere not the supposed backgound image. Maybe some XSI option?

Hello and Welcome Pinin !

Basically the default light and all others lights are hidded if you keep the "Hide Lights" option to true, so they have currently no interaction in lighting. You can of course delete it. Btw for the random color it's really strange, it's working fine for me on 4 computers, maybe a graphic card driver issue ? can you display other textures or is it only the sIBL one that doesn't work ?

Thomas
« Last Edit: 10/14/08 at 22:32:31 by Kel Solaar »  

IP Logged

Pinin

Curious Apprentice

Reply #39 - 10/14/08 at 23:19:34

Thanks. I tested further and maybe it is related to some resolution option in XSI. That is only what i can guess i have put the 8000x4000 jpg image in a cube and it got the random colors while lower res were okay.

Post edit: can you tell me what is your value for Preferences>Display>Max Texture Size for New Image Clips and Thumbnails?

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #40 - 10/15/08 at 09:21:59

It's currently at 1024, what kind of CG are you using ? I think all the computers I have tested on are equipped with Nvidia ( Quadros for most of them ).

IP Logged

Pinin

Curious Apprentice

Reply #41 - 10/15/08 at 21:33:29

1024 here too. ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 modded to Fire GL 128mb that have been  working very well with XSI.

Okay i have found the culprit. I had in Image Clip Node in Render Tree OpenGL texture settings of 64 "maximum width or height" in texture tab of Image clip node i increased to max 2048 and it worked , maybe other lesser ones values will work too. Before that i also checked graphic card settings and found that XSI was not selected as the 3D apps prefered choice.

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #42 - 10/16/08 at 21:58:31

Ok sweet :] Don't hesitate to tell me if there is any problem !

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #43 - 10/19/08 at 10:18:32

Hey o/
I'm currently having a lot of problems with XSI on Linux, especially XSI installation in fact, Avid supported distribution is currently Fedora Core 5 ( Yeah you read right, version 5).
The first problem is that this distribution is not provided anymore on Fedora website ( oldest one is the 7 ), so I don't really where to find it. The second problem is that Fedora Core 10 is in beta and about to be released ! 5 versions difference !!!
I tried to install XSI on Fedora Core 9, installation is pretty straightforward, XSI starts pretty fast but it "segmentation fault" during the interface drawing when loading :|
I installed it on Ubuntu 8.04 and it went not too bad: well XSI is taking something like 5 minutes to launch, everything is slow as hell, ( you wait beetween 5 and 10 seconds when you copy/paste something in the script editor, context menu pop with a huge delay, etc ) but it's working at least. So I decided to try sIBL_GUI, I needeed to resort some tricks because XSI can't seem to find python installation in Linux. Finally the interface starte and launched, I outputed the loader script, load it and crash ! :| There is an error with the CreateImageClip function or any other picture load function and I can't even create an image clip from the usual menus :[ Well, I'll report the exact error later today, I'm currently reinstalling Linux for the XXX time this week !
If it don't work, we will need to wait that Avid provides some new release patches so we get a usable Linux release of XSI 7 !

Here is a screen of what I am talking about :

http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/sIBL_Framework/XSI/sIBL_GUI_For_XSI/Others/XSI%207%...

At the right is some code taken for the SDK documentation, it fails badly, and on the left, is a try to load a picture !

IP Logged

superemu
Ex Member

Reply #44 - 10/21/08 at 03:35:28

This does not seem to work for me at all.
I launch sIBL_GUI.  I get a "your collection is empty..."  I click Yes and I point to the right directory and nothing happens.  

if I press cancel it will launch the GUI.  In the GUI I can manually add a collection in preferences tab.  But there are no images in my collections browser tab. (refresh collection button does nothing)
If try to relaunch GUI again it won't launch anymore until I reinstall the plug-in.

I'm thinking it has something to do with Vista.

omygosh, I feel stupid.  seems one of the HDR image I download from here is causing the problem.  I'm in the process of loading one image at a time and it's working now.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21
Send Topic Print