Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 
Send Topic Print
sIBL_GUI For XSI (Read 80990 times)
Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Re: sIBL_GUI For XSI
Reply #285 - 02/09/12 at 08:01:48

Hey,

There was a bug introduced when I refactored the Softimage Templates bearking the toggling expressions but it should have been fixed, are you running the latest templates?

KS

IP Logged

Rork
Ex Member

Reply #286 - 02/09/12 at 08:53:26

stop posting images that absolutely say nothing......

start doing basic steps with sIBL_GUI started and a empty scene in Softimage:

- from sIBL_GUI send a HDR scene and corresponding template to Softimage, does this work? yes/no

- in Softimage check if all came in properly by looking at the sIBL setup in the explorerview and the pass in the rendertree. Is everything there? yes/no

- with an empty scene, does rendering work when drwaing a region? Do you see a background and empty plane? yes/no

- open the sIBL Control panel. Turn of background. Does it dissapear? yes/no

- If all of the above work, continue by adding a sphere/cube to the scene.
Also, use the architectural shader from now on. The why has already explained to you.

- With the material properly set up with reflection, you should see the environment on the sphere? yes/no

- in the sIBL controls, turn off reflection. Does it disappear on the sphere? yes/no

- Lastly, tun off the lighting. Does the scene go black? yes/no

Try this before posting any other questions. If something fails down the list, try to figure out first why.
If all fails, post proper screendumps of the Softimage interface (settings in PPGs, rendertrees, viewports etc.), so we can see what's going on.

So give us proper information, or theres nothing more to help.

IP Logged

Pinin

Curious Apprentice

Reply #287 - 02/20/12 at 18:43:41

Just to point that Vray for Softimage is out.

Videos at link:

http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/vray_softimage.html?our=0215

or here:http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaosGroupTV

IP Logged

jmansilla3d
Ex Member

Reply #288 - 04/26/12 at 01:21:21

Softimage 2013?

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #289 - 04/28/12 at 12:46:40

Hi,

I'm quite overwhelmed at the moment and didn't had time / forgot to update the first post. You should be using TcpServer for Softimage Addon now ( No need to recompile ):

http://www.xsibase.com/forum/index.php?board=29;action=display;threadid=46343

KS

IP Logged

SpookyMunky
Ex Member

Reply #290 - 06/16/12 at 16:22:50

Hi, only just started using sIBL yesterday and was having some issues with the xsi loader script, figured I'd add a post incase any other new user comes across the same error, I googled for ages and couldnt seem to find anything Smiley.

Basically every time I tried to import from sIBL (either just running the standard import script or using tcpserver) I kept getting

# ERROR : Invalid procedure call or argument - [line 1131 in C:\\Users\\Spooky\\AppData\\Roaming\\HDRLabs\\sIBL_GUI\\4.0\\io\\loaderScripts\\
sIBL_XSI_Import.js]

which seemed to relate to the

if(Options.createBackground)
if(Options.createLighting)
if(Options.createReflection)

areas, e.g. xsi would point to the setexpression of creatbackground, and if I turned that off in sIBL it'd report an error with lighting etc. It still looked like the imports were working though untill today when I noticed the background at render time wasnt matching up with what I was seeing in the viewport.. and also couldnt find the ground shadow plane, which prompted me to investigate further Smiley.

Just fixed it now by replacing Softimage_MR_Standard with an older version I came across googling around, the one that was giving me issues has date modified 05/02/2012 .. the one I'm using now where everything is error free is 25/01/2012 .

The actual set expression lines look to be identicle in both versions to me, so not sure where in the code the issue would be .

So yeah, just thought I'd share my experience on the offchance anyone else comes across this error code, though given the release dates and my inability to find any mention of similar errors on any forum I could well be alone in this one hehe. It wouldnt be the first time I'v had issues with xsi that no-one else has come across, support guys used to love me Wink

Loving sIBL btw, even more so now its importing fully ! Smiley, keep up the good work.

Edit: just curious, were there any major issues with the january version that I should be aware of ? Smiley
« Last Edit: 06/16/12 at 18:24:27 by N/A »  

IP Logged

SpookyMunky
Ex Member

Reply #291 - 06/17/12 at 00:31:40

lol, think I may have found one difference between the jan and feb releases myslef.. have been using a silly car mesh I'v been playing around modelling recently as a test object for sIBL, and it had been rendering fine when xsi was half importing everything before giving that error... maybe what through me off.

Seemed to render kinda similar in the indoor paper mill scene.. I did notice the tires were a bit completely black, but have been playing aroudn with surfaces alot recently Smiley. When I stuck it into the desert road scene however I couldnt for the life of me figure out why it looked so odd. You wouldnt believe how long it took me to figure out there was actually no light coming out of the sun ! Cheesy. I guess the jan release uses an out of date mia sun shader, for 2013 atleast ?

Ah well, lesson learned I guess, will add a sphere with no reflections and final gathering off to see what the lighting is actually like (or if there is any atall hehe) be4 diving into renders from now on Smiley

IP Logged

Platinum

I love HDR

Canada
Reply #292 - 06/18/12 at 23:39:51

Where is the option to toggle y - is up, I can't remember.  I have shadows on for a light, I recall that is the option to make shadows work.

IP Logged

SpookyMunky
Ex Member

Reply #293 - 06/22/12 at 17:54:37

Hmm, shadows seem to work ok for me aslong as the light is actually working. Make a sphere with no reflections and turn off final gathering, see if its getting light.. if not you might have to swap out the light's shader with something that works.

IP Logged

Platinum

I love HDR

Canada
Reply #294 - 06/22/12 at 22:24:28

I got it working Smiley

IP Logged

Rares

Salut

Dallas
Re: error 10061 despite helper script
Reply #295 - 01/22/13 at 04:16:44

Hello all,

I'm getting the error:
Exception message line no. '1' : 'LoaderScript | Socket connection error: '[Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it'!'
followed by;
ERROR   : !> NotificationsManager | 'Mon Jan 21 21:28:44 2013 | 'LoaderScript | Exception raised while sending Loader Script!''.

I've researched this problem with all solutions pointing to the helper script being the key. Since I've got all paths pointed to the right .exe/script and still having the same issue, I'm not sure what else might be causing this. I'm running the addon on softimage 2013 sp1. Again, unless I missed something, I've searched the threads with no other solution other than 'make sure the add on is pointing to the load helper script'. Anyone else come across this with a possible solution?

Thanks

-Rares

raresSIBLforXSIprefs.jpg (Attachment deleted)
WWW Rares Rockwell501  
IP Logged

Rork
Ex Member

Reply #296 - 01/22/13 at 07:56:19

seems like you're not running the server script (installed it), or somewhere the server cannot find sIBLGUI.

For all to work, you need the addon to 'see' sIBLGUI within Softimage menu, but you also need the server script to make the connection between the two.

see page 1 of this thread to see if you missed something.

Hope that helps,

rob

IP Logged

Rares

Salut

Dallas
Reply #297 - 01/22/13 at 18:39:05

Thanks for the suggestion Rork.

I did install the server addon as well but it conflicted with the helper script addon and generated errors, so I had to uninstall it.

-Rares

WWW Rares Rockwell501  
IP Logged

Rork
Ex Member

Reply #298 - 01/22/13 at 18:41:57

In what way does it conflict?

Did you uninstall the old server addon that was used for the older versions of Softimage? If not, that might explain the conflicts.

You only need the latest python server script for it to work with sIBLGUI.
Other than that I'm out of ideas for now..

rob

IP Logged

Pinin

Curious Apprentice

Reply #299 - 09/05/13 at 10:56:06

Hello, what is the best way to move the sIBL from the center of the scene, i have a point cloud that needs to be at certain position and i prefer to move the sIBL , moving the null doesn't work unfortunately it has locks, i deleted them but still something is blocking the movement.

Since all is contained ina null i would expect that it would just move by it and it had no locks.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 
Send Topic Print