Send Topic Print
sIBL_GUI For XSI (Read 89311 times)
Platinum

I love HDR

Canada
Re: sIBL_GUI For XSI
Reply #270 - 01/31/12 at 13:27:13

Quote:
Not sure why your BG is still rendering when turned off, works on this end. Or do you mean the reflection of the BG?

I solved my problem Wink I deleted the sIBL RayType node, after solving Sad

IP Logged

Rork
Ex Member

Reply #271 - 01/31/12 at 13:43:44

Not sure why you want to do that, unless you're start to work 'outside' the sIBL workflow.

Try to explain what you want to do exactly, as for now it doesn't make sense at all Wink

IP Logged

Platinum

I love HDR

Canada
Reply #272 - 02/01/12 at 22:09:07

I deleted the Raytype rendertree that I had in my scene located as a pass shader  by mistake.  I'm not noticing a speed decrease after deleting the RayType pass shader.  How does this pass shader speed up the render ?

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #273 - 02/01/12 at 22:50:47

If you have deleted the Raytype shading tree you shouldn't get any render at all Smiley Are you sure you are rendering the good pass or deleted the tree in your current pass?

The speed optimization is coming from the fact that different maps are assigned to different ray types, those maps are smaller and more or less harder to sample.

KS

IP Logged

Platinum

I love HDR

Canada
Reply #274 - 02/02/12 at 13:57:38

I had to apply the sIBL image set again to the scene.  I got the RayType back that I formally deleted Smiley  I had just solved this question I'm about to ask. The sIBL_feedback object is rendering in the background with the enviro map, how do I prevent it from rendering in the background, there is no environment shader that is associated with the image on the object ?

One other thing, specular.  Correct me if I'm wrong but if a sIBL set is a "indoor" image set it appears to me, that sIBL unlike previous versions doesn't create a "sun" is this true, only if it's a "indoor" image set ? Before applying the sIBL image collection set once again, I had specular on my object that is all gone, unless it's extremely faint ?

IP Logged

Rork
Ex Member

Reply #275 - 02/02/12 at 14:29:52

For the background not to render, open up the sIBL 'Smart Controls' panel inside the sIBL setup. There's a switch for the background, which will give you an alpha channel as well.
Or manually disconnect the 'camera' connection on the RayType node, but you have to fiddle a bit more then.

Secondly, you can turn off a sunlight for any outdoor scene before export/import into your 3D scene.

And yes, a indoor sIBL doesn't have a sunlight Wink
But it should have some lights set up according to the HDR.

And regarding specular, are you talking about reflection or highlight?

I suggest posting some images with an explanation to get to the bottom of this.

rob

IP Logged

Platinum

I love HDR

Canada
Reply #276 - 02/03/12 at 03:12:53

I had the background switch toggled off in the Smart Controls panel Smiley What is presistently rendering is the sIBL background clip which is plugged into the sIBL feedback material ?

Below is a render region of a portion of the object, what you are looking at in the image, should contain some specularity ?

I'm at a loss why before sIBL the render is good, after sIBL some objects render completely black and particle clouds have a completly different hue/tint make up ?

IP Logged

Rork
Ex Member

Reply #277 - 02/03/12 at 10:55:07

I still don't understand.
Switching off the background in the panel, will -just- remove the background from the render.
This will 'remove' the sIBL background clip from the render.

What you still see on the objects, is the reflection clip, if the material has a high glossy or reflection value.

Regarding your black or different colored particles, everything will 'obey' to the lighting defined in the HDRI, so there will be colorchanges to regular lighting. Again, also dictated by the settings on the shader.

It might be interesting to save a basic Softimage scene with some objects and materials (without the HDRI, we have lot's) to see what's going on.

I also suggest going to xsibase.com, or si-community.com for more 3D related questions.

rob

IP Logged

Platinum

I love HDR

Canada
Reply #278 - 02/03/12 at 14:45:39

Quote:
Switching off the background in the panel, will -just- remove the background from the render.
This will 'remove' the sIBL background clip from the render.

Right, in my scene it is not working ?

Quote:
What you still see on the objects, is the reflection clip, if the material has a high glossy or reflection value.

There is no spec on the object at all, what I don't understand, when sIBL wasn't in the scene, I could see the spec when I added sIBL the spec was gone unless FG is diffusing it ?

Quote:
Regarding your black or different colored particles, everything will 'obey' to the lighting defined in the HDRI, so there will be colorchanges to regular lighting. Again, also dictated by the settings on the shader.

Thanks, I now know that the HDR is suppose to change the color.  Is there a way to keep the previous color before sIBL but have sIBL effect the particles, besides color adjusting the particle color to what I was formally ?

I have a two objects in my scene one of the object after sIBL was added to the scene renders completely black, no matter how many times I re-position the lights in my scene ?

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #279 - 02/03/12 at 15:34:03

Spec is really just the old-school cheat to show the reflection on light sources. Think about it. That's why spec has always been so easy to recognize, because in the real world spec hits are never perfectly circular and perfectly colorless. The real physical phenomenon, that spec is supposed to simulate is reflection.

That's why you have to adjust your material when you want to draw the full benefit from HDR lighting. You can either use an energy-conserving material, or in the simple case you can just use a tiny amount of reflection instead of the specular value.

IP Logged

Platinum

I love HDR

Canada
Reply #280 - 02/03/12 at 16:03:49

I now understand sIBL lighting changes not only the lighting, but the colors of a scene.  I understand that spec is just a reflection on a light source, I now have to adjust the colors on some of my objects including particles after applying sIBL.

How come one of my objects is rendering completely black ? How come the reflection background image, is rendering even though in sIBL_control I have toggled off rendering reflection and background?

IP Logged

Rork
Ex Member

Reply #281 - 02/04/12 at 08:53:48

No offence here,

but I suggest buying the HDRI book, read it thoroughly, read up on HDR lighting in your 3D app, and HDRI in general, and come back after that.

All the information you need to start has been given to you in both threads you started, we cannot give you more information before starting doing the actual work for you Wink

IP Logged

Platinum

I love HDR

Canada
Reply #282 - 02/08/12 at 13:03:22

The problem was I had too many lights, combined with FG and it was making some objects appear black, I suppose something related to negative + positive light effect.

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #283 - 02/08/12 at 14:03:55

Platinum wrote on 02/08/12 at 13:03:22:
The problem was I had too many lights, combined with FG and it was making some objects appear black, I suppose something related to negative + positive light effect.

Using negative lights should absolutely be avoided nowadays, especially with energy conserving shaders, etc...

KS

IP Logged

Platinum

I love HDR

Canada
Re: sIBL_GUI
Reply #284 - 02/09/12 at 04:16:31

I don't understand why the background is rendering even though the option is toggled off ?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 
Send Topic Print