Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21
Send Topic Print
sIBL_GUI For XSI (Read 85328 times)
Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Re: sIBL_GUI For XSI
Reply #210 - 10/17/10 at 10:34:10

Pinin wrote on 10/17/10 at 09:18:54:
As you can see in picture the sIBL ground is below horizon in one side and above in the other, If it was just a leveling correction shouldn't be both sides above?

Definitely, I'm not sure there is an easy way to fix this without resorting to some grid warping or whatever image deformation trick, this is for the picture.
You can however cheat and adapt / distort your ground to match that picture deformation also, but it's maybe trickier and not even possible in your case because you need a flat ground.

KS

IP Logged

Pinin

Curious Apprentice

Reply #211 - 10/17/10 at 12:10:37

The main error for me is the inclination since i can just unlock and move the feedback up and down..

I think it can be cheated the zone near camera to horizontal. It doesn't need to curve all along from the center.
The issue is the diference between West and East. It means that objects that came from West look much bigger and those that came from East look much smaller without correcting the ground inclination..

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #212 - 10/17/10 at 12:27:56

You can either use the feedback ( make it renderable ) or apply the background on another sphere object inside the scene and use this as a background and deactive the sIBL one ? At the moment I'm afraid that there is no way to rotate the mr shaders on another axis than the vertical one.

KS

IP Logged

Pinin

Curious Apprentice

Reply #213 - 10/17/10 at 13:07:54

Yep, i just thinking about that kind of alternatives. Thanks.

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #214 - 10/19/10 at 19:41:33

Hi,

Recompiled sIBL_GUI_XSI_Server for Softimage 2011.5 is available here : http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/?dir=./sIBL_GUI/Support/Softwares/XSI/sIBL_GUI_XSI_...

Have Fun !

KS

IP Logged

Pinin

Curious Apprentice

Reply #215 - 10/19/10 at 21:23:45

I am in another scene and i have different question now concerning the matte shadow material and sIBL default pass, I have a bunch of lamp posts that should be in foreground of my object while remaining image obviously behind, What would be the best way to handle this, i have been unable to use XSI matte shadow in 3D cylinders simulating the posts to reveal that part of sIBL background.

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #216 - 10/20/10 at 19:55:56

Hi Pinin,

I don't mind a precise example because I don't understand what you wanna do.

KS

IP Logged

Pinin

Curious Apprentice

Reply #217 - 10/20/10 at 22:35:29

I just want to put the lamp posts from background in front of my 3D object.
Usually i just make 3D cylinder, putting it in front of my object give it a matte shadow with mip camera map connected to it with background texture, then in the pass i have a rayswitch also with camera map and backgound texture.

This is possible to do with mentalray matte shadow, but apparently not in sIBL softimage pass.I need to have another pass, or maybe i can reveal the background lamp posts with a mask in FXtree.

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #218 - 10/22/10 at 07:57:51

I think I understood, you want to make some parts of the background appears front of your object ?

KS

IP Logged

Pinin

Curious Apprentice

Reply #219 - 10/22/10 at 23:41:27

Correct

Below is an example.

I was unable to adjust the sIBL background.
The issue i think is that spherical mapping node can't be attached to camera map or directly to matte shadow background slot.

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #220 - 10/23/10 at 10:07:01

Ok got it to work. It needs a bit of hack however.

Basically I took the whole Background branch of the sIBL setup and hooked it up where it made sense, in order to do that you will NEED to edit the base.mi file in XSI / Softimage install folder and replace the apply line of the mib_lookup_spherical :

Code:
apply environment 

to that :

Code:
apply environment, texture 

Now XSI / Softimage will be able to attach the lookup spherical branch to texture slots.

Doing this you can even updgrade the ground shader so that it won't show anything going under it, providing a much better result.

The scene is available here : sIBL_Matte_Shadow_Background.rar

KS

IP Logged

Pinin

Curious Apprentice

Reply #221 - 10/23/10 at 22:50:23

Brilliant! Didn't know was so easy to hack MR. I guess it is the easiness of knowledge.

For sIBL's is still tricky due to their big size to rotate to right place, for example in the one i am in i had to rotate to 48.302, yep centesimal are important.
As an advice at start if someone is trying find just a lamp pole it is almost hopeless with so big images so it is best to put a big object-or scale the lamp post in horizontal level- to know where is camera going. At camera map i also had to de- gamma to 2.2, it is by default at 1.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #222 - 10/23/10 at 23:32:05

You are welcome Smiley

KS

IP Logged

Pinin

Curious Apprentice

Reply #223 - 10/25/10 at 01:50:20

Back with another issue. I am in: Gloucester Church by HDR Source Store. In the background there are shadow and iluminated parts, so i have to block the sIBL sun with an object to reproduce those shadows in certain objects. The blocking is made by object with a matte shadow material with no self shadowing option to not make a shadow in the road-since the background already have that shadow, that works okay,  but stangely despite the blocking of sIBL sun there is a still and hardedge shadow in the road produced by sIBL sun, it is not affected by the bloking object concerning shadows. Only the light is blocked.

With matte shadow objects

Matte shadow objects hidden

Shadow remain the same.

Any idea?

P.S:There is another problem is that the shadow remain sharp in shadow. I can think i can only manage this cutting part of the road by shadow, making a part with only occlusion and the diract sunlight with normal sunlight crisp shadow.

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #224 - 10/25/10 at 08:10:53

Hello Pinin Smiley

I woke up and saw this one, it got me an instant headache :]
I'll reread it once at work.

KS

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21
Send Topic Print