Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21
Send Topic Print
sIBL_GUI For XSI (Read 85397 times)
Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Re: sIBL_GUI For XSI
Reply #195 - 10/15/10 at 10:15:13

Hi Pinin !

Are u sure you are not facing the dreaded viewport / syndrom shift ?

Quote:
What is the shift between the viewport visual feedback sphere and the render image ?

When you render using an environment map, the image is kind of warped on an infinite radius sphere ( It's in fact a one unit radius sphere centered on the camera origin ). So if you are way off the center of the viewport with a fairly small visual feedback, you'll encounter a shift.

There are 2 solutions to counter this effect :
  • Increase the visual feedBack scale.
  • Constrain in position the visual feedBack to your render camera.

IP Logged

Pinin

Curious Apprentice

Reply #196 - 10/15/10 at 15:43:30

Hi Kel.

I don't have any shift, 1100 radius is fine. The render is aligned with viewport image.

It is the SIBL ground that doesnt fit to the horizon lines. In one side. The West because it is the sun setting side it is over the horizon and in East is down the horizon line. To fix it i just rotated the SIBL ground and all is okay if not for the fact that i need the ground horizontal.

I hope i explained right. If you have access to Softimage just put the feedback at 1100 and use the default cam. Or if you need i can show you some screenshots.

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #197 - 10/15/10 at 15:53:32

I don't mind some screenshots Smiley
If I understood you want to rotate the sIBL setup on another axis than the Y one ? If it's the case I'm afraid it's not possible atm.

KS

IP Logged

Pinin

Curious Apprentice

Reply #198 - 10/15/10 at 18:44:00

Quote:
If I understood you want to rotate the sIBL setup on another axis than the Y one ? If it's the case I'm afraid it's not possible atm.

Correct.

The thick black line are the limits of Sibl-Ground as you can see it is not aligned with the scene.
I suppose this is a mistake in this SIBL.

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #199 - 10/16/10 at 08:34:58

Yeah definitely a problem with the file :

Green line is the center of the image, Red one is the Horizon I traced from it.

HDRVfx_LineUp.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Pinin

Curious Apprentice

Reply #200 - 10/16/10 at 09:09:10

Thanks. I suppose it can be remade. I'll have to do some reading how to do sIBL's.

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #201 - 10/16/10 at 09:28:37

Hmm... Technically, this is the rare case that something could use the V Shift parameter in a sIBL. But I find myself guilty of never implementing it ... ahem ...

This would more be a Photoshop task, actually. But if you would like to see learn how to make sIBL sets from HDRIs, there's this tutorial video. Downloadable, with chapter even.
http://www.hdrlabs.com/tutorials/sibl-edit.html

IP Logged

Pinin

Curious Apprentice

Reply #202 - 10/16/10 at 09:49:12

Many thanks Blochi.

P.S: Tutorial not available in the link.

IP Logged

Rork
Ex Member

Reply #203 - 10/16/10 at 15:58:10

yes, it is. DL takes a while to start playback. Also the DL link to the right is working Wink

rob

IP Logged

Pinin

Curious Apprentice

Reply #204 - 10/16/10 at 20:34:01

Not here.

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #205 - 10/16/10 at 21:08:44

Oops, sorry - the download link was indeed wrong. Strange.

Here it is: http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/downloads/sIBL-Edit_large.mov

Looking at this video again, it's actually a bit embarrassing... at the end I get so tired that you will only hear me mumble. Oh well.

IP Logged

Pinin

Curious Apprentice

Reply #206 - 10/16/10 at 21:28:56

Hehe no problem.Thanks.

Btw another sIBL wrong. Glouchester Church of HDR Source Store have the sun in opposite side of what should be.

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #207 - 10/16/10 at 21:38:31

But .... back to the actual point of this post - Kel, I hear things like these from all over. I think this is an essential difference in our implementations. The background should actually be mapped on a geometry ball, so there a definitive what-you-see-is-what-you-get handling here. It's a hack, but it allows creative freedom. In Lightwave, I move/scale/rotate the background ball quite a bit, actually, just to get the framing I like. It's implemented with a master null that everything else is parented to, so that a rotation around the heading axis also takes the sun light, reflection map and environment along. Translation is ignored for the ENV map, of course....

Blochi

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #208 - 10/17/10 at 00:27:57

Blochi wrote on 10/16/10 at 21:38:31:
But .... back to the actual point of this post - Kel, I hear things like these from all over. I think this is an essential difference in our implementations. The background should actually be mapped on a geometry ball, so there a definitive what-you-see-is-what-you-get handling here. It's a hack, but it allows creative freedom. In Lightwave, I move/scale/rotate the background ball quite a bit, actually, just to get the framing I like. It's implemented with a master null that everything else is parented to, so that a rotation around the heading axis also takes the sun light, reflection map and environment along. Translation is ignored for the ENV map, of course....

Blochi

I'm not quite sure I understand Smiley

But at the moment in every Templates the different components are rendered with shaders because it's much much faster to use that instead of a geometry piece that elongate the scene data structure.

The feedback in the viewport dictates the orientation of the shaders, only on one axis though because depending of the renderer, you cannot rotate in other axis than the vertical one. The problem here seems to be more about a wrong horizon position in the picture than anything else.

KS

IP Logged

Pinin

Curious Apprentice

Reply #209 - 10/17/10 at 09:18:54

As you can see in picture the sIBL ground is below horizon in one side and above in the other, If it was just a leveling correction shouldn't be both sides above?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21
Send Topic Print