Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Send Topic Print
sIBL_GUI For XSI (Read 68095 times)
Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Re: sIBL_GUI For XSI
Reply #165 - 10/11/09 at 21:42:09

Hello Smiley

There is a problem in XSI_MR.sIBLT 1.5.6 Template Header ( Branch Merging Issues of the last sIBL_GUI 2.1.1 Release ). The 1.5.7 Version fix that !

KS

IP Logged

Rork
Ex Member

Reply #166 - 10/28/09 at 09:51:35

Hi Kel,

Sorry to bother you with this, but the server addon is broken for the 2010SP release. Apparently the .dll has to be recompiled on the new version of Softimage.
The 2010 release is mentioned as 8.0.201.0, the 2010 SP is mentioned as 8.0.249.0

I hope you can find the time to recompile this one soon.  Wink

cheers, and thanks for all the great updates on the latest sIBLGUI releases Cheesy

rob

IP Logged

wannabeartist
Ex Member

Reply #167 - 11/01/09 at 20:23:16

Hello,

I seem to have some issues installing the latest version of the addon.

No matter whether I drop it in on XSI's window or install it from the menu, the installer crashes XSI every time.

I had similar problem with uninstalling the previous version, but I just deleted the addon directory (was this a bad idea?).

Any ideas how to fix this? I'm running XSI 7.01 on Vista.

Thanks!

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #168 - 11/01/09 at 23:08:23

Hello Smiley

Here is the XSI Server Addon for XSI 2010 SP 1 ( Sorry for the lag Smiley ):

http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/?dir=./sIBL_Framework/XSI/sIBL_GUI_XSI_Server/Stabl...

Quote:
Hello,

I seem to have some issues installing the latest version of the addon.

No matter whether I drop it in on XSI's window or install it from the menu, the installer crashes XSI every time.

I had similar problem with uninstalling the previous version, but I just deleted the addon directory (was this a bad idea?).

Any ideas how to fix this? I'm running XSI 7.01 on Vista.

Thanks!

I'll take a look at this issue, there is no problem at deleting the Addon directory btw.

KS

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #169 - 11/01/09 at 23:23:57

The Addon is installing fine here on 7.01 / 7.5 / 2010 / 2010 SP1, I'm on XP 32bit though.

KS

IP Logged

wannabeartist
Ex Member

Reply #170 - 11/02/09 at 04:51:45

Ok, thanks for checking that!

It could very well be my Vista misbehaving - XSI has been much more unstable after upgrading to Vista.

Well, I guess I try reinstalling XSI and if that fails, then I'll start fresh. With XP Cheesy

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #171 - 11/02/09 at 08:04:06

Or I can maybe Zip and Send you the directory structure, you only need to extract it and connect a workgroup to it.

KS

IP Logged

Rork
Ex Member

Reply #172 - 11/02/09 at 08:53:50

I'm running 32bit Vista/W7 and 64bit Vista over here, and don't have any issues with the addon. Or Softimage for that matter. For me apps on Vista/W7 give me a much more stable platform than XP. And 64bit is a joy to work in.

It has nothing to do with Vista and going back to XP will only 'hurt' you in the long run. XP support is declining rapidly, and why running a less secure system? UAC isn't the big bad wolf people cry about.

Yes it takes some time to get used to it, but it's not evil like some people seem to claim.

If you have any stability issues with Softimage, or any app that addresses large amounts of memory, I suggest running some memory tests. Vista/W7 is much more strict on memory, and if you have cheap/faulty RAM it will give you issues. Also video drivers are very important, be sure to run the proper one for the system and Softimage version. And again, ATI cards are more known for issues than NVIDIA cards.

So.. check that first before reinstalling XP  Wink

And to Kel, thanks for the new server addon, much appreciated  Grin

IP Logged

wannabeartist
Ex Member

Reply #173 - 11/02/09 at 18:21:31

Kel,

Thanks, that would be very kind, but I'll think I go ahead and actually reinstall Vista as just reinstalling XSI doesn't seem to change that problem. It just might work after that.

And Rork,

I'm not seriously going to downgrade to XP, I don't even have the license anymore  Wink

This PC of mine has been running Vista (32bit) since May and has served pretty decently, to be honest.

It's true that I didn't experience XSI crashes nearly ever on my old XP, but on the other hand, it was a) different hardware and b) my XSI has been in way heavier use during the summer than before - lots of plugins and heavy renders Cheesy

You might be very right about running those memory checks too.

I'll get back to this if the reinstall doesn't help - I know it's going to help the performance anyway, because there's probably tons of stuff in the registry that I don't need anymore.

IP Logged

Rork
Ex Member

Reply #174 - 11/11/09 at 10:00:52

Hi Kel,

Sorry to  bother you, but I have some questions about the latest versions of sIBL and the server addon...

First of all, how do one set the default template in sIBL_GUI? It's always set to the Maya one, and I cannot seem to find where you can 'lock' this, or is set in the default settings file.

Secondly, I have issues with the SI2010SP server addon. It keeps getting an error on port 12288 after you create the template and click OK.

I've registered the new dll, opened up the firewalls for the port on both pc's, added the GUI and Framework .exe files to the firewall, but so far no luck.
Strange thing is after upgrading my 2010SP workgroup, the 'server' button doesn't work anymore in SI v7 either??

Any thoughts on this??

Thanks,

rob

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #175 - 11/11/09 at 12:35:25

Hi Rork o/

Quote:
Hi Kel,

Sorry to  bother you, but I have some questions about the latest versions of sIBL and the server addon...

First of all, how do one set the default template in sIBL_GUI? It's always set to the Maya one, and I cannot seem to find where you can 'lock' this, or is set in the default settings file.

It's not currently possible, but I added that into my Tasklist Smiley If you don't use Maya / Max Templates you can delete them, and check the Ignore Missing Templates in the Preferences -> Online Update Tab. So that they'll be ignored when updating.

Quote:
Secondly, I have issues with the SI2010SP server addon. It keeps getting an error on port 12288 after you create the template and click OK.

I've registered the new dll, opened up the firewalls for the port on both pc's, added the GUI and Framework .exe files to the firewall, but so far no luck.
Strange thing is after upgrading my 2010SP workgroup, the 'server' button doesn't work anymore in SI v7 either??

Any thoughts on this??

Thanks,

rob

Can you tell me what is the error you are getting ?

I'll check on my side that I didn't do a mistake while uploading the Server Addon.

KS

IP Logged

Rork
Ex Member

Reply #176 - 11/11/09 at 14:56:11

Hi Kel,

I think it's false alarm. I don't know what happened, but after a couple of XSI restarts, it suddenly started to work again  Shocked

Will have an eye on it the next couple of days, to see if I can repo anything weird.

Thanks for the quick reply though. Now I have to redo an hour of work due to MR 'issues'...... ggrrrr......

rob

IP Logged

Spirit2029
Ex Member

Reply #177 - 12/01/09 at 05:39:10

Hey Kel,

I honestly cant thank you enough for this, my spark and interest in my 3d work has again rekindled thanks to this amazing plug in and program you have wrote.  I will definitely post some render samples once I have finished up a model to really show off, and im close.  For years I have had models in the works but never till now been able to get the lighting I want on them, the flexibility there is with sibl is amazing.  I am a photographer myself so now I want to add to the gallery and help the community, so I am going to do some reading on hdr photo;s and put together some things for you guys.  I was stunned with the quick setup and results I got out of 3 clicks basically.  I do have a question though, I edited a sibl file, changed the multiplyer value lower to around 1 or lower and suddenly when I import into xsi its a spot light instead of a sun.  its all good I can still set it up just fine, but thought it was kinda weird.  The sibl off the site come in as sun lights, but edit the sibl file and it comes in as a spotlight in xsi 2010.  Thoughts?  I havent had much time to read all the info on the plugin and program so maybe i missed something.  Anyways again thank you thank you, finally my characters will come to life in the light I have always wanted.  Really looking forward to pushing this further, but so far I am really impressed.  Thanks again to you and all the people who helped.

Spirit2029
Dark Fantasy Graphic Novel

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #178 - 12/01/09 at 06:41:28

Glad you like sIBL.

Your Sun/Light problem is easy to fix. In sIBL-Edit's preferences there is a checkbox, called "Export first light as SUN", which is OFF by default. Just turn that on, and your sun will shine.... Wink  You gotta know that multiple light sources were a late addition to better represent certain indoor and night environments, but we kept the explicit Sun in there for backwards compatibility and because we just like the descriptive concept.

Oh, for contributing back - although sIBL sets are appreciated, it's just as fine if you post renderings. I have just updated the forum code, and now it's easier than ever to attach large images to a posting. Add multiple, and it automatically generates thumbnails and builds a slick gallery....

Blochi

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #179 - 04/25/10 at 20:49:41

Hi,

I have recompiled sIBL_GUI_XSI_Server for XSI 2011 :

http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/?dir=./sIBL_GUI/Support/Softwares/XSI/sIBL_GUI_XSI_...

KS

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Send Topic Print