Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Free HDR probes! (Read 25480 times)
brij

Curious Apprentice

Free HDR probes!
09/06/08 at 18:04:29

Thank you so much Christian for your excellent book! I am a longtime 3D modeler and a beginning equirectangular HDR photographer. In thanks, I want to share my first HDR probes with the HDRlabs community. I have tested these probes in Brazil, Vray and Maxwell... all in Rhino. Any feedback on how to make them better is greatly appreciated! By the way, if this is the wrong section in the forums for this post please move it.
Thanks,
bj
brian.james@mcneel.com
http://download.mcneel.com/s3/mcneel/brazil/2.0/beta/en/HDRI_sampler_bj.zip

« Last Edit: 09/07/08 at 15:46:19 by brij »  

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Re: Free HDR probes!
Reply #1 - 09/07/08 at 21:34:25

Thanks for sharing, much appreciated.

On the technical side, there is a lot of pixelation in your probes. Looking at the files, I assume you used Flexify2 in Photoshop to warp them into the Angular format... Make sure to not turn down Sharpening in Flexify - this is just asking for trouble. As much as I hate to recommend HDRShop, but in this particular transformation (Lat-Long to Angular) HDRShop is actually a better job, because you can tell it to oversample each pixel...

Also, for most programs the Equirectangular format is more versatile - you can use it as reflection map or simply map it on a dome.

And last but not least - this forum is technically meant for sharing ready-made sIBL presets. Well, since we don't have a Rhino importer (yet) I can see how this is of lower priority for you... Smiley

Anyway - with all my picky remarks, it's still awesome you posted your HDRIs. Very cool, thanks.

Blochi

IP Logged

brij

Curious Apprentice

Reply #2 - 09/08/08 at 16:50:01

Thanks for the feedback. I used HDR shop for the transformation but left the settings for lalo to angular on the defaults. Perhaps I am lowering the resolution too much by going down to 1024x1024... certainly for backgrounds these are way too pixelated but for lighting and reflections they seem to work well so far. I will experiment with the super sampling option. I am converting to an angular projection in order to remove the tripod and if I keep the image size the same I think I can go back to lalo without any loss of quality at the poles... not sure though.
Thanks,
bj

IP Logged

Stepa
YaBB Newbies

Curious Apprentice

Anonymous Double VPN/VPN-Service/Best OPENVPN GUI
Reply #3 - 06/20/13 at 21:56:48

Hello My Dear Friends, Users Forum !

The Company In-Disguise . Com

Anonymous Internet Surfing, Anonymous Downloading-Uploading Torrent-P2P, Amonymous WiFI.
In-Disguise . Com - Fully Automatic and Anonymous VPN Service , you don’t have to waste time on:

1 - Search Supports if disconnected from a server, search for a standard installation “OpenVPN client”
spend time for installing  downloaded configs  to the program.
Subscribe to All Servers  of Our Service for 9 Euro; 3 months = 20 Euro; 6 months = 35 Euro; 1 year = 55 Euro.

2 - Unique “VPN Client” is easy to install on all kinds of Operating Systems: MAC / Windows / Linux!!!
Will allow you to switch easily between the VPN servers  in  USA / DE / UK / IT / NL / LU / EG / PA / RO / MY Continuing
Types of VPN connections included in a single subscription - DoubleVPN and OpenVPN.

3 - Company Takes All Kinds Of Payments in Full Auto Mode!
WebMoney / Visa / Master Card / PayPal / Liberty Reserve / BitCoin / SMS and many others.

Our VPN Service Is Here!

in-disguise . com

Sincerely, Your Anonymous VPN Service : In-Disguise . Com

IP Logged

harley
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/15/15 at 07:31:00

I would love to use this guide for carpentry and woodworking or architecture in general. really awesome.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print