Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
sIBL_Framework (Read 22590 times)
Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Re: sIBL_Framework
Reply #90 - 07/27/09 at 14:33:06

sIBL_GUI 2.0.8 Is Released !

I discovered a Bug where more Templates were Downloaded than those chosen, so I corrected it with some other Code Cleanup.

Enjoy Smiley

KS

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #91 - 08/10/09 at 10:47:04

Hi o/

There is an issue with the "Latest Help Download", Frozen Executables ( Should be everybody except me ) are downloading the Help Content in the "Templates" directory. If that happen you can just cut and paste it back to the "Help" directory.
Next release ( when I'll have some time ) will correct this behavior.

KS

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #92 - 08/26/09 at 21:10:32

Hi Smiley

I'm happy to announce that sIBL_GUI 2.1.0 is released !

The "Incorrect Help Download Folder" Issue is fixed, so you should now be able to download Manual / Help Files in the correct directory.

I also added a feature I really like : a ReWire Widget :

Basically, it lets you ReWire / Remap the different Components to either another Component or whatever Image you want. It's something easy but really powerfull because with this feature you can nearlly dynamically generate your IBL Sets by taking whatever Image you want.

You can for example keep the Background of your current Set, Change it's lighting with the Lighting of another IBL Set and finally use a custom image for the Reflections.

And finally with this you can just use sIBL_GUI to load whatever HDR you want and have a fast and easy setup.

Following that ReWire Widget I created 3 Blank Skeletton Sets I called ReWires. They contain nothing and are empty but they are terribly usefull for the last point I suggested because you can create a simple HDRI Setup in a matter of seconds using one of the provided Skelettons Rewire Sets.

The ReWire Sets are available here for download :ReWire Sets.zip

Happy Rendering !

KS
« Last Edit: 04/10/10 at 12:16:00 by Kel Solaar »  

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #93 - 08/27/09 at 17:08:12

Hello,

The CommandPort issue on Windows Vista x64 et Windows 7 x64 has been adressed. You need to open the Port using these 2 lines in Maya :

Code:
commandPort -n "127.0.0.1:2048";
commandPort -n ":2048"; 

The Maya helper script has been updated to take this in account : http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/?dir=./sIBL_Framework/Maya/Helper%20Script

KS

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #94 - 08/28/09 at 12:05:57

Some informations, if you are using the Maya Helper Script you can add those 2 lines in your userSetup.mel :

Code:
commandPort -n ( "127.0.0.1:"  + `optionVar -q "sIBL_GUI_Command_Port"` );
commandPort -n ( ":" + `optionVar -q "sIBL_GUI_Command_Port"`); 

That will automatically query the value stored by the Helper Script in the Port Option Var.

I also did a new release of the helper script because I noticed that the optionVar wasn't properly stored on Port Opening :

http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/?dir=./sIBL_Framework/Maya/Helper%20Script

Have fun !

KS

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #95 - 10/11/09 at 00:32:54

Hello Smiley

* * * At this time 10 October 2009 since 01H00 Paris, UTC/GMT +1:00, HDRLabs sIBL_GUI Servers Build are broken. * * *

I did an update and messed up a branch merge resulting in some errors. I'm fixing them at the moment.

KS

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #96 - 10/11/09 at 01:49:46

Hi ( Again ) Smiley

sIBL_GUI 2.1.1 Is Out !

The Server Releases should have been fixed now.
Here is the Change Log :

- sIBL_GUI_FTP is now starting Download automatically when invoked, "Start Download" Button has been removed.
- sIBL_GUI now restores the last visited folder.
- Render Combo Box added in the Import Tab ( Usefull when you have multiple Templates for a Renderer ).

Each Template has been updated with a new "Renderer" Attribute.

Since I got a serious merge problem and I did noticed it long after it happened it's possible that some Templates got hit ( In fact a lot were, I think I fixed them ). I didn't noticed anything serious but if you have any issue, don't hesitate to report it !

Have Fun !

KS

IP Logged

patro
Ex Member

Reply #97 - 02/10/10 at 20:37:19

Hi I tried it and it's fantastic!!! Cheesy
one only problem:
not all *.ibl files would be loaded in 3ds max.
for example barcelona rooftops, walk of fame... are ok, but for example brooklin bridge planks could not be loaded in 3ds max 1.5 sp2 vray.
thx any way Smiley
Patro

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #98 - 02/11/10 at 08:13:19

Hello Smiley
Thanks ! Strange, It's a set I have used a lot, do you have any errors from sIBL_GUI when you try to send it to 3dsmax ? Or is it error from VRay when Rendering ?

KS

IP Logged

patro
Ex Member

Reply #99 - 02/11/10 at 14:23:07

thx for fast answer Smiley and a great thx for the amazing rendering result Cheesy.
I do not have any error from sIBL_GUI or from vray,
I do not use scanline or mentalRay render engine.
the only one think that I can say about is that if the exporting of sIBL parameter are correct the operation take a few seconds while if the exporting operation went wrong the export operation take no time.

by the way I have a request.
I'm a max user.... can you create a sIBLCam with two option: "link" and "unlink" to "sIBL dome"? so to affect and not affect the background region displayed in the view port if you use dolly or other cam operators.
because.... if you try to make camera match or other similar operation... the background change displayed region of the image. the same happens in perspective view.
I suppose that the sIBL dome or virtual sIBL dome is linked with the view.
thx any way
patro

PS: luxrender.net

please try luxrender unbiased renderig engine. it's fast and free and Gpu render support is the next steps.
in the forum section you will find the link for the exporters... 3ds max, maya, blender c4d and an other one.

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #100 - 02/11/10 at 20:31:05

Mmmhhh hard to understand what's happening, could you send me the sets so I take a look at them ? Maybe you have some corruption or whatever.

As for the 3dsmax Template request I'm not really the maintainer of it, it's something to adress to Dschaga / Jeff Hanna.

I'm currently in the process of refactoring sIBL_GUI deeply ( under the hood at least ) so it's more efficient and updgradable. So I'll not add any support myself for renderers until I have a running version of the 3.0.

KS

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #101 - 02/19/10 at 17:52:56

Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #102 - 03/01/10 at 22:47:19

Hello Smiley

A small post to say that I'm working on the future version of sIBL_GUI, no release date for now since it's a big messy yard Smiley.
The different branches are on github : 3.0 / Sqlite / Research. Don't try to make them run for now, those are just regular commits to backup my code. When I'll approach something working, I'll migrate the code on a new repository, and clean the sIBL_Framework one.

If you have ideas, features etc, don't hesitate to share them, I'll see what I can implement !

KS

IP Logged

rachid
Ex Member

Reply #103 - 03/07/10 at 12:59:09

What I can say is just Thank you for all your effort!
/Rachid

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #104 - 03/07/10 at 19:14:44

Hello Smiley

Thanks Rachid !

I have done some nice progress on the core of sIBL_GUI 3.0, the interface will be a lot better I think.
The different components are loaded dynamically and you can store differents layouts. I'll try to put some grabs next week ( it's currently rough and empty ).
The good thing is that I think I'll provide an api so It's possible to add new components to add functionalities etc etc Smiley

KS

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print