Quote:
Works fine for me!

Is "ExecuteLoaderScript" hardcoded?
i want to suggest, that
ExecutionCommand
= @
ExecutionCommand
| fileIn ("$loaderScriptPath") | String
can be a exchangable name for the OLE command.

if it have to be hardcoded, then i want to suggest a better name. Like "executeSIBL" or "executesIBLloader" ..just to be sure there are no double names

Ah true, you are right and yeah it's hardcoded for now, I didn't think how I can do to not hardcode it since it must be written in the source at some point for me to be able to launch this kind of command :

Code:
conn._FlagAsMethod("ExecutionCommand")
conn.ExecutionCommand("fileIn (sysInfo.tempdir +\"sIBL_3dsmax_Import.ms\")") 

I'll change it for ExecuteSIBLLoaderScript for now but maybe some kind of dynamic evaluation (with eval() or something like that) would work and enable us to change the using one of the template.
By the way the ExecutionCommand = @ExecutionCommand is totally internal to the template and will not be interfering with anything it's more the "ExecuteLoaderScript" like you said it that we need to find kind of proprietary name ^^

Code:
elif cConnectionType == "Win32" :
	try :
		cConnection = win32com.client.Dispatch( cTemplateFile.getExtraAttributeComponents( cRemoteConnectionAttributes["TargetApplication"], "Value" ) )
		cConnection._FlagAsMethod( "ExecuteSIBLLoaderScript" )
		cConnectionCommand = cTemplateFile.getExtraAttributeComponents( cRemoteConnectionAttributes["ExecutionCommand"], "Value" ).replace( "$loaderScriptPath", cEnvVariable.getPath().replace( "\\", "/" ) + "/" + cTemplateFile.getExtraAttributeComponents( cTemplateAttributes["OutputScript"], "Value" ) )
		cConnection.ExecuteSIBLLoaderScript( cConnectionCommand )
	except:
		self.displayQTCriticalMessage( "Remote Connection On Win32 OLE Server '" + cTemplateFile.getExtraAttributeComponents( cRemoteConnectionAttributes["TargetApplication"], "Value" ) + "' Failed !" )
		raise
	break 

Current New Wind32 code.

Oh I did some cosmetic changes like suggested Christian ( Took me some time ):

sIBL_GUI New Candy Buttons  Cheesy

And I also fixed the size to both of the infos groupboxes in the Import Tab so they don't pop every time we choose a different template or sIBL, it was starting to drive me nut  Grin I just hope nobody who will write a template will have a longer name than yours ^^ if it's the case I'll change the widget type (a little bit annoying tbh).

Last update is uploaded, i'm hitting the pillow Smiley

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Re: sIBL_Framework
Reply #61 - 09/21/08 at 18:09:40

Hey o/

Just posted a new update, I finally managed to remote connect to XSI !

I corrected some bugs, did some interface polishing. I have a filtering annoyance currently : filters are combinable, meaning that you can choose an author and a location for example : problem is that I didn't find a way to deal with the fact that I need to refresh the others combobox contents to reflect what locations/collections are available once author filtered without breaking the existing code. Will need some thinking Smiley

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #62 - 09/22/08 at 23:34:59

I would like to thanks for Christian to share me some space to host the different releases of sIBL_GUI ! I started to migrate a lot of the stuff from my opera to the new area.

I think I have managed to make the filtering work the way I wanted it to be. The new release is available from the first post as usual!

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #63 - 09/24/08 at 23:12:03

Hey o/

Coded the search function, it looks through Authors, Collections, Locations and comments in your Global Collection. I added infos of the file in overlay when you have your mouse over an icon in the list view :

sIBL_GUI Nightly Update

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #64 - 10/07/08 at 15:35:59

Hello o/

Not too much updates those last days. I'm currently having a hard time fighting to get sIBL_GUI running standalone on Linux. The code is working well on both platform but I'm trying to compile/package the linux version as the windows one so you don't have to install python, pyqt and all the crap to have it run and to be honest it's a pain like I never saw since a long time Smiley

Thomas

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #65 - 10/12/08 at 00:24:08

0.9.6 is out :

A lot of code refactoring, code documentation. This is the first Linux release, I didn't managed to package sIBL_GUI ( only sIBL_Framework ). I also packaged the windows version with a sweet NSIS installer so updates will be smoother.

IP Logged

volXen
Ex Member

Reply #66 - 10/16/08 at 20:33:36

Nice work, Thomas! Lots of nice gimmicks like the tearable log window ... I love it! I tried to get the linux version to work on MacOS X and it starts and reads the sIBL-Collection correctly ... but I canīt send anything to Maya and the the buttons for opening the output folder / exporting the script donīt work, too. Maybe I can help you with that? I would also be very interested in some details about the maya scene your template generates... I would suggest connecting via skype / icq, what do you think?

Greetings,
volXen

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #67 - 10/16/08 at 22:04:00

Hi volXen !
Yeah the linux release has currently a lots of problems I need to fix in order to walk on the OSX version, currently the code only support ( it's intented for now ) Windows and Linux. I have a shitload of evil things happening on linux, like the sIBL_Framework working on 3 machines and doing segmentation fault on another (the 3 having ubuntu :[ ) or the folders opening on 2 machine and not on another. Well, I have a lot things to fix before jumping into Osx and yeah I'll be glad if you can help me to check everything is working ! :]

No problem for skype : ksolaar :]

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #68 - 10/26/08 at 12:18:22

Hey o/

Released the 0.97 version, should work better on Linux, sIBL_GUI is now half packaged ( you still need QT libraries, refer to the Help File - Manual for more informations ).
I started Mac Os X code, I think it should work but didn't tested to extensively.
sIBL_GUI should deal better with corrupted sIBL Sets now too.
I wrote a large part of the manual too, need some refinements but it's basically here.

Thomas

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #69 - 10/29/08 at 21:42:34

Ok the last news ( bad ) :
I did not managed to bundle sIBL_GUI under Mac Os X, at least not in a fully working way : Qt jpeg support is currently done through a plugin dynamic library, that mean I need to manually include it in the bundle, etc. While it's working well on windows, it's not working on Mac, I tested a lot of different things, and no one seem to do the trick.
That mean for now the only way to have sIBL_GUI properly working on Mac is to install a crap load of stuff...
I'll invest this more.

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #70 - 10/30/08 at 21:28:10

Thanx to Emanuele Santos, I have a really good news this time Smiley

http://files.myopera.com/KelSolaar/blog/CG/sIBL_Framework/Posts/Pictures/sIBL_GU...

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #71 - 11/02/08 at 13:31:14

0.9.8 is out with Mac Os X Release !

Thanx again to Emanuele and Volxen for their help.

The Code has been a little bit tweaked to make Os X Bundle possible, NSIS Windows Installer  got reworked, and some shortcuts bugs have been fixed.
In order to get sIBL_GUI work under Mac Os X you will need to download both .dmg files and drag them in the same directory.

Voila !

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #72 - 11/09/08 at 21:57:58

Approaching the end of the road for the final 1.0 release ( taking some delays because of my work ):

0.9.9 is out with some bug corrections on Collections Management, there was some important errors in the Remove Button associated Code, when you had multiple items selected in a row or nothing selected, sIBL_GUI was basicaly having a hard day Smiley.
I corrected a bug preventing Open Output Folder procedure to behave correctly on Windows.

If a maximum of people can test out this release and tell me if they have errors etc, it would be supa great ! :]

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #73 - 12/29/08 at 14:45:11

1.0.0 is out now ! My work didn't really helped the schedule ( I was on some deadline and Eve Online added top of that too ).
It's mostly a release where I fixed up the last stuff in my ToDo List.
It should now be possible to send .IBL files to sIBLEdit under linux, but I'm having some problems to get sIBLEdit command line works.

I'll be able to focus to the addition of more Templates now Smiley

Merry Christmas ( Late ) and Happy New Year ( in Advance ) !

Thomas

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #74 - 04/16/09 at 22:05:35

Just rereleased everything with the last XSI Mental Ray Template that corrected a strange JScript behavior under Linux ! If you are not using Linux you can ignore this update :]

KS

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print