Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print
sIBL_Framework (Read 29202 times)
Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Re: sIBL_Framework
Reply #45 - 09/16/08 at 16:17:16

Well, technically I don't think freezing XSI while sIBL GUI is running is a bad thing. Because then you could just go ahead with your wrapper script and auto-load the output script as soon as sIBL GUI is done and XSI unfreezes....

IP Logged

keksonja
Ex Member

Reply #46 - 09/16/08 at 16:39:17

Great !  In fact it works but only after deleting the link and creating a new shortcut ... i guess there is a difference in the way shortcuts are made in Vista?   Now everything works.  Well even this way in Vista it freezes the XSI untill exiting the GUI

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #47 - 09/16/08 at 17:04:31

Blochi wrote on 09/16/08 at 16:17:16:
Well, technically I don't think freezing XSI while sIBL GUI is running is a bad thing. Because then you could just go ahead with your wrapper script and auto-load the output script as soon as sIBL GUI is done and XSI unfreezes....

Tbh the feeling is just really horrible, It's like "hey my app is crashing !" but it would be a solution to autoexecute the loader script right after =)

Quote:
Great !  In fact it works but only after deleting the link and creating a new shortcut ... i guess there is a difference in the way shortcuts are made in Vista?   Now everything works.  Well even this way in Vista it freezes the XSI untill exiting the GUI

I just found out that if you launch with Application.system("start c:/sIBL_GUI/sIBL_GUI.exe") it's ok with no interface freeze (same for Maya) I'll update the XSI Addon tonight for that purpose.

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #48 - 09/16/08 at 17:24:26

Quote:
Tbh the feeling is just really horrible, It's like "hey my app is crashing !"

Welcome to my world! This is the default behavior of the non-modal Lightwave Scripts...

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #49 - 09/16/08 at 17:26:01

Blochi wrote on 09/16/08 at 17:24:26:
Quote:
Tbh the feeling is just really horrible, It's like "hey my app is crashing !"

Welcome to my world! This is the default behavior of the non-modal Lightwave Scripts...

Really ???? wow :] sound like a terrible pain ! I didn't used lightwave since a whhhhile, so I don't remember but yeah this kind of behavior is terrific :|

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #50 - 09/16/08 at 18:19:32

Well, most LW users are used to this behaviour when starting a Generic plugin. Not that bad. What really throws people off is that when my script is done it has to clear the scene and load the one I hacked together in text mode. THIS really looks scary...

Blochi

IP Logged

keksonja
Ex Member

Reply #51 - 09/16/08 at 19:29:36

Sounds great m8... let us know when you update it so I can try it !
Wink

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #52 - 09/16/08 at 22:30:22

Blochi wrote on 09/16/08 at 18:19:32:
Well, most LW users are used to this behaviour when starting a Generic plugin. Not that bad. What really throws people off is that when my script is done it has to clear the scene and load the one I hacked together in text mode. THIS really looks scary...

Blochi

Hehe ^^ Sound like that yup :]

Quote:
Sounds great m8... let us know when you update it so I can try it !
Wink

Update is coming for the XSI Addon, Check the related post keksonja ):
I did some crap tonight, started to code a launcher because I was stuck at some point, all of that just because of an error of code at start that was preventing me to launch the software directly at home whereas I was able at work. Well dunno if you understand but I just lost 3 hours for a thing that was currently not happening (or happening because of my own mystake)  Grin
« Last Edit: 09/17/08 at 07:51:47 by Kel Solaar »  

IP Logged

keksonja
Ex Member

Reply #53 - 09/16/08 at 23:46:08

Kel need to take some rest man Smiley  Its always like that a little thing that ends up eating your time.  When tha happends you know you have to take a rest ! Smiley

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #54 - 09/17/08 at 00:48:28

Quote:
Kel need to take some rest man Smiley  Its always like that a little thing that ends up eating your time.  When tha happends you know you have to take a rest ! Smiley

Hehe yeah, I'll try to sleep tonight, will be better tomorrow ^^

Dschaga : Here you go with a release that should be able to talk to max (2009 at least). I modified the template a little bit, but didnt manage to execute the file with the fileIn command, the box() one is working btw : http://www.kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/?dir=sIBL_Framework/sIBL_GUI

Night o/

« Last Edit: 07/01/09 at 00:41:08 by Kel Solaar »  

IP Logged

Dschaga
Ex Member

Reply #55 - 09/17/08 at 12:27:02

Tested it now and it doesn't work for me too.

Maybe the string which you send is the problem.
The python output to the OLE connection should look like this:
Code:
"fileIn \"F:\Maps\sIbl\sIBL_loader_95.ms\""

the first " is to open the string, the 2nd \" have to be with a backslash to send a pathstring inside a string to the maxscript interpreter, and then closing with \" " where the first will close the pathstring inside the string and the 2nd will close the string which is coming from python.

i also recognised, that the GUI doesn't show the icons now.

IP Logged

Dschaga
Ex Member

Reply #56 - 09/17/08 at 14:53:52

Maybe the templates weren't also good enough and had some errors.
I have attaced new templates which should work at least, if you output it to script and run inside max.

i also tried the ole thing, and don't understand why it doesn't do anything.
I have changed the command to send now:
Code:
ExecutionCommand = @ExecutionCommand | "fileIn (sysInfo.tempdir +\"sIBL_3dsmax_Import.ms\")" | String

this is the command which works in my own python sample:
Code:
import win32com.client
conn = win32com.client.Dispatch("MAX.Application")
conn._FlagAsMethod("ExecutionCommand")
conn.ExecutionCommand("fileIn (sysInfo.tempdir +\"sIBL_3dsmax_Import.ms\")")

btw, try to connect from your GUI without a running 3dsmax - OLE should open 3dsmax- so you know if the OLE application is registered correctly!
I know now, that the GUI can start my 3dsmax ( so the ole connection is ok) but it can't send to max anything.

I had also an issue with my sample above, because if i run it,  it loads 3dsmax, but doesn't send the comand i wanted.
But when i change the command to a simple print "hello" it does work.
Code:
conn.ExecutionCommand("print \"hallo\"") 

Templates_3dsmax.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #57 - 09/17/08 at 16:35:16

Quote:
Maybe the templates weren't also good enough and had some errors.
I have attaced new templates which should work at least, if you output it to script and run inside max.

i also tried the ole thing, and don't understand why it doesn't do anything.
I have changed the command to send now:
Code:
ExecutionCommand = @ExecutionCommand | "fileIn (sysInfo.tempdir +\"sIBL_3dsmax_Import.ms\")" | String

this is the command which works in my own python sample:
Code:
import win32com.client
conn = win32com.client.Dispatch("MAX.Application")
conn._FlagAsMethod("ExecutionCommand")
conn.ExecutionCommand("fileIn (sysInfo.tempdir +\"sIBL_3dsmax_Import.ms\")")

btw, try to connect from your GUI without a running 3dsmax - OLE should open 3dsmax- so you know if the OLE application is registered correctly!
I know now, that the GUI can start my 3dsmax ( so the ole connection is ok) but it can't send to max anything.

I had also an issue with my sample above, because if i run it,  it loads 3dsmax, but doesn't send the comand i wanted.
But when i change the command to a simple print "hello" it does work.
Code:
conn.ExecutionCommand("print \"hallo\"") 

I'll try this as soon as I'm back to home, it's strange but there must be a reason why sending small commands like box() or print work and not the file in one.

I just saw for the icon things, I think It's because I cleaned my distribution folder yesterday and I removed a file the ( qt.conf ) that is needeed to locate the jpeg load dll of qt. If you copy paste one from an old release, it should be ok  Embarrassed  The thing is that I have QT installed on my computer so all the plugins are in the window path and I don't really see if a dll is missing from the package.

IP Logged

Kel Solaar

Curious Apprentice

Reply #58 - 09/17/08 at 20:58:43

Hi o/

Dschaga : I think I managed to get it to work Smiley At least it's ok here!
Max is started by sIBL_GUI and the file loaded properly once you execute the registerOLEinterface stuff. Putting the registering function in some kind of startup script folder would do the trick I think.

Code:
  fn ExecuteLoaderScript obj = (
	    try(
		   execute obj
		   return true
	     )catch(
		   return false
		   )
	 )
	 registerOLEInterface #(ExecuteLoaderScript) 

and here is the build : http://www.kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/?dir=sIBL_Framework/sIBL_GUI

Let me know if its ok for you :]
« Last Edit: 07/01/09 at 00:41:30 by Kel Solaar »  

IP Logged

Dschaga
Ex Member

Reply #59 - 09/17/08 at 23:13:11

Works fine for me!

Is "ExecuteLoaderScript" hardcoded?
i want to suggest, that
ExecutionCommand
= @
ExecutionCommand
| fileIn ("$loaderScriptPath") | String
can be a exchangable name for the OLE command.

if it have to be hardcoded, then i want to suggest a better name. Like "executeSIBL" or "executesIBLloader" ..just to be sure there are no double names

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print