Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
vray light problem (Read 4471 times)
gaialau
Ex Member

vray light problem
04/27/08 at 18:40:20

hello all , im getting error message everytime i try to make my sunlight vray light ,does anyone has any idea how can make my sunlight vray?

--Unable to convert :false type interger  
                             sIBL_sun = VRayLight name:"sIBL_Sun" color:sun_color normalizeColor:off noDecay:on type:2 size0:(sc/150 as float) size1:(sc/150 as float) size2:(sc/150 as float) multiplier:(SUNmulti as float) pos:sun_pos

Im using sibl loader 0.94a :'( :'(
« Last Edit: 06/10/08 at 06:04:48 by Blochi »  

IP Logged

Dschaga
Ex Member

Re: vray light problem
Reply #1 - 04/28/08 at 12:42:40

GRRRRRR Smiley Smiley Smiley

It works with vraylights before vray 1.5 ..fix will come when i work again with vray.

I hate to say this, because i was one of the very first vrayusers and i really really want to see vray go ahead with progress, but THIS is the VERY last time i will fix a bug for vray, because a maxscript variable NAME have changed! 

I don't want to count all the bugfixes i had to write for the first materialconverter or the panotourscript, but now it's time to stop any maxscriptsupport for vray in all of my scripts until Vlado have found a way to fix his maxscript variablenaming disconception!

IP Logged

Dschaga
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/28/08 at 12:49:43

you can fix this bug by yourself:
delete "normalizeColor:off" in the line where the maxscript stops.

well .. please, don't take my words to serious!

It's now just the point where i recognised that it's a waste of time trying to add support for every software when developer offering only a patchwork which changes with every new version.

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #3 - 04/28/08 at 15:36:02

I feel you.
Having the same thing going with Lightwave in general.
Except that they change the meaning of individual parameters at will. For example, I use AlertLevel(0) to suppress OK boxes during the setup. Then I have to set it back - except that Newtek decided to renumber them internally, and for a while my users would never see an OK box again after the script was running. Not even the "Are you sure you want to quit?" confirmation Smiley

Blochi

IP Logged

Dschaga
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/28/08 at 16:35:19

I'm only quitting support for vray renderer.
It's a waste of time if a standard light or standard imageloader can do it also. Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print