Send Topic Print
LW Loader 1.5 (Read 2562 times)
Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
LW Loader 1.5
04/26/08 at 00:28:18

Here we go:

The long overdue bugfix. Actually I reworked so much of that code, I am not quite sure if I managed to sneak brand new bugs in Smiley

LW_Smart_IBL_1.5.zip

- Finally supports LW9.3 and up. Actually, LW9.2 is not supported anymore (you should really have updated by now, with 9.5 almost out.)

- Radiosity types are simplified (only 3 options now: Lightspeed, Fast & Smooth, Accurate). Latter two use Finalgather, the first one is Backdrop Only. Radiosity setup doesn't affect antialiasing or motion blur settings anymore.

- A new setup type for reflection images: They are mapped on a ball. This is great, because it can leave the surfaces alone - so you don't have to save your objects anymore. The entire setup is now just scene-dependent. The old Reflection Mapping setup is still an option, if you feel like you need the last bit of render speed.

- Paths are simplified. Should resolve issues with the library stored on certain network setups.

- A new Preset Browser, inspired by Lightroom Smiley

www.smartibl.com/sibl/downloads/sibl_presetbrowser.png

Double-clicking a thumbnail takes you to the Import Options.
(Which is what used to be the main view)

www.smartibl.com/sibl/downloads/sibl_options.png

Note "Reflected Geometry" as the default type for Reflection setup.

Please test this baby, and tell me how it goes.
Images and Renderings appreciated.

Blochi

Here is the secret link to the high res sIBL-Set archive again:
www.hdrlabs.com/PanoGallery/sibl/
« Last Edit: 06/10/08 at 06:20:05 by Blochi »  
IP Logged

Dschaga
Ex Member

Re: LW Loader 1.5
Reply #1 - 04/28/08 at 13:23:05

oh!

The browser is a good idea!

I also think we could add a new "tags" sIBL file parameter which could be used instead the "location" param, which is not really used to sort out different moods of a sky.

just like in flickr, we could use "clouds, sunny, sunset, sunrise, warm , cold, red, blue ..." to sort out what  we are looking for.

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Re: LW Loader 1.5
Reply #2 - 04/28/08 at 15:29:07

Yeah, tags are not a bad idea. I was basically using the description tag for this kind of info.
I would like to keep the location tag.
Rather just add another one.
When we start talking about additions, maybe we should include a background photo. Not sure if this should be in addition to background tag, or just a "camera" projection type...

Blochi

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print