Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PhotoAcute (Read 4270 times)
dduffell
Ex Member

PhotoAcute
12/01/07 at 02:03:14

As I understand it, Uwe Steinmueller who wrote a chapter for the book now uses the relatively new  software, PhotoAcute, to merge images. Does anyone else have any experience with this software and/or comparisons with those mentioned in the book?

IP Logged

dandill
Ex Member

Re: PhotoAcute
Reply #1 - 01/07/08 at 16:12:04

I have been doing a lot with PhotoAcute, but only for its averaging of multiple identically exposed images (all hand held so far). For this, it gives 2x images with much lower noise (especially in shadows) and much greater clarity.

However, like you, I am unclear about the role for PhotoAcute in HDRI

IP Logged

George
YaBB Newbies

Curious Apprentice

Reply #2 - 01/07/08 at 16:53:38

I have taken 5 raw images at -2, 5 at 0 ,and 5 at +2, then used Photoacute and each set of 5 raw images to give me one super resolution raw image at -2, 0 +2 which I then use for the HDR. Works great but a lot of extra work.

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #3 - 01/08/08 at 14:26:04

What George says is pretty much the only way I can see PhotoAcute play a role with HDR. Even though their website states HDR capabilities, I believe that only hints at internal processing options. I tried to run a set of bracketed exposures through, and it returned some sort of tonemapped interpretation - but no true HDR output was available.

Maybe Photoacute could help with Ghost Removal. Like shooting your bracket series three times, and then run images with the same shutter speed through Photo Acute to get a ghost-less bracketing sequence.

Blochi

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print