Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
sIBL 0.14 Beta Bugfix! (Read 3042 times)
volXen
Ex Member

sIBL 0.14 Beta Bugfix!
07/25/07 at 17:30:23

Hi!
I fixed a bug in the latets release,
please download
http://www.renderwahnsinn.de/scripts/sIBL.mel

greetz
volXen

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Re: sIBL 0.14 Beta Bugfix!
Reply #1 - 07/26/07 at 05:31:36

cool, thanks.

I have put it on the main download page, so new people get the bugfix right away.

Blochi

IP Logged

Yann
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/26/07 at 08:51:45

Hello VolXen,

I now managed to get it to work.
But again I had to edit the mel script to change the default librairy location to my library location because when calling the mel script, I couldn't change the library location (when I did, nothing happen).

Now, here are my problems, firstly the sun doesn't seems to be oriented according to the sun location on the hdri in most case. I am not sure but it seems that the sun is about 90 degres of it position. And in the case of the appartment environement, the sun come from the floor. There are some case where the light has the right direction but is pointing to the sun (should be the opposite).
Another issue is that the light gets too strong in some case. i have a hdri with a strong sun, which gets me a strong light intensity (like around 12 with no decay, which off course burn my scene). I recon the sun should be only use for specular and shadows (no diffuse) with a maximum intensity of 0.1 (while it can be still adjusted manually afterward).

Next, the reflection hdri doesn't match the background and the environment hdri. depending on the library, in some case the reflection hdri needs to be rotated 180 around the vertical axis sometime it is only 90 degrees and in some case it is fine but in every cases it needs to be flipped horizontally.
I noticed that the 2 spheres env and background are rotated of -18 degrees around the y axis but not the reflection sphere...???

The option to set render globals doesn't seem to do anything. What is it supposed to do?
I would assume it would switch the render to mental ray and activate final gather.

and finaly, this setup is normally made to avoid final gather artifacts (that can be caused by the sun), but I still get some of it. It comes from the reflection hdri, because the hdri I am using has a strong sun.
Is there a way to avoid the reflection hdri to cast light? I will look into that, if I can found a workaround.

So that was my feedbacks. I hope it will be easy to fix. Again thank you for your work, volXen. It is getting close to be the great script.

Yann

IP Logged

volXen
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/06/07 at 11:44:17

Thanks for the feedback! I just posted a big update, please get sIBL 0.15a from
http://www.renderwahnsinn.de/sIBL.zip and run another serious test Smiley

I will go over all remaining problems you can spot during the next days...

Thank you very much,
volXen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print